Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Alex Galchenyuk to 1-year deal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I'm cheering for the guy. Sounds like he's got his head on straight.

I'm not expecting major stuff from him, but hopefully he is ready to work hard and fight for his NHL career.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
I didn't like how either Ryan Stoa or Kyle Quincey took shots at our culture just after they left us. Left a very bitter taste in my mouth. How is that? And I STILL remember their salt this many years later. Playing for our burgundy and blue is like basically winning Powerball. If I'm any player talking to my agent, my first comment would be - negotiate with AVS, and if all else fails with them, I guess try some other scrub team haha

References:
I don't like Quincey but he was an NHL vet who played hard at time for the Avs and suffered from injuries.

But Ryan Stoa? He got some callups at the NHL and was found lacking. Then in washington he managed all of 2 games before going to the KHL. That guy should not have been talking down any NHL organization.

Reactions: Sea Eagles

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Chucky has that rep... to be fair though, that rep could really be applied to most any NHL player. Chucky just ran into Montreal media and underperforming, so his is blown out of proportion a bit. He does love a good 8 ball though (again like most NHL players :laugh:)

Are you saying most of the nhlers are using a lot of alcohol/drugs?

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I didn't like how either Ryan Stoa or Kyle Quincey took shots at our culture just after they left us. Left a very bitter taste in my mouth. How is that? And I STILL remember their salt this many years later. Playing for our burgundy and blue is like basically winning Powerball. If I'm any player talking to my agent, my first comment would be - negotiate with AVS, and if all else fails with them, I guess try some other scrub team haha

References:
Know that I tease you because you are a legend around these parts. Unflappable positivity.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
If Kyle Quincey were a player in today's NHL he'd be racking up 12 penalties a night for cross checking.

BTW, I'm on the record as saying Quincey had good reason to be steamed at the Avs. If I worked my way back from injury only for the coach to tell me I was headed to the press box in favor of Matt goddamn Hunwick I'd lose my shit too.

In short, Sacco really sucked.
Yah I dont blame Quincey for those comments. Have to look at the culture around the team when he said this. Joe Sacco once tried to convince us that Tyson Barrie was 7th or 8th on the depth chart or something like that. I remember going crazy when he said that since Barrie was even back then an obvious NHL talent. Sacco was so bad at his job. Remember EJ gave him a shot about getting grilled for carrying the puck instead of dumping it.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
How long until Moser tries to combine Galchenyuk and gallop?
"Galchenyuk goes gallivanting into the offensive zone at a gallop, and, gosh, Ryker, can you believe no one wanted this guy?"
"Yeah, Mose, it's crazy. People thought he was a raisin, but he's a chocolate chip in this cookie."
"Mountain Time, the cool, crisp premium lager..."

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
"Galchenyuk goes gallivanting into the offensive zone at a gallop, and, gosh, Ryker, can you believe no one wanted this guy?"
"Yeah, Mose, it's crazy. People thought he was a raisin, but he's a chocolate chip in this cookie."
"Mountain Time, the cool, crisp premium lager..."
No talk of scissoring?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yuk.

Still a small sample size but this guy doesn’t look like an NHL player anymore.

Certainly can’t begrudge the Avs for trying since they’re all dropping like flies but I believe this little experiment will end in failure.

Bring on Griffin Reinhart!

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
He's done. He's not exactly in a position to succeed right now (he'll probably get a shot on the top line soon) but... nah.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yuk.

Still a small sample size but this guy doesn’t look like an NHL player anymore.

Certainly can’t begrudge the Avs for trying since they’re all dropping like flies but I believe this little experiment will end in failure.

Bring on Griffin Reinhart!
Like I said in a different thread, this guy is a classic case of too good for the AHL but not good/fast enough for the NHL. He clearly has some NHL tools like his shot and hands, but the guy is going to either spend the rest of his career in the AHL/seeking PTOs or head to Europe to collect the paycheque and play care-free hockey.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
He just looks so ineffective out there. It's not necessarily effort level, he's just a nothingburger of a player. I was expecting very little but he's just useless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad