What do you think will/should happen with Ullmark at this point?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What do you think will/should happen with Ullmark at this point?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I’m all over Chychrun, Pinto, Greig, Pick 7 or 12

But if he walks away with Mr Reddit’s nonsense trade of 25OA, Ostapchuk, and Forsberg (any retention would be great) I would be very happy

Forsberg 1 year at $2.75 M with 25-50% retained home run

I would expect if he played here behind this D and responsible F group would be solid good
I just think there is a lot of unrealistic in your post in regards to the players you mention but boy I would love to be wrong.

I could see 25 and a good prospect as long as we take back a goalie

bruwinz73

Jan 16, 2021
I just think there is a lot of unrealistic in your post in regards to the players you mention but boy I would love to be wrong.

I could see 25 and a good prospect as long as we take back a goalie

Why would we have to take back anything? Ottawa desperately needs a goalie. There aren’t many goalies around. Scarcity makes for sellers market. With other clubs interested we should not be forced to do any favors for a divisional rival getting a vezina winning goalie that they can extend.

Chychrun
25th pick
Ostapchuck

Sounds fair to me. Maybe we throw back another player but Ullmark is not a guy we need to move. We aren’t in a bad cap situation and we have a very good team.

Reactions: Gordoff and ylekot

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts
Id take 07AO and Greig for Ullmark and lauko. I think the cap space is vital to make the changes needed. I don't want any part of retaining on a goalie we don't need.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Why would we have to take back anything? Ottawa desperately needs a goalie. There aren’t many goalies around. Scarcity makes for sellers market. With other clubs interested we should not be forced to do any favors for a divisional rival getting a vezina winning goalie that they can extend.

Chychrun
25th pick
Ostapchuck

Sounds fair to me. Maybe we throw back another player but Ullmark is not a guy we need to move. We aren’t in a bad cap situation and we have a very good team.
Nowhere did I say we had to move him. What sounds fair to you is not how it works.

Like I said I hope Im wrong but history shows disappointment follows more often than glee when it comes to expectations in trades.

Maybe im just preparing myself for that :)

bruwinz73

Jan 16, 2021
Nowhere did I say we had to move him. What sounds fair to you is not how it works.

Like I said I hope Im wrong but history shows disappointment follows more often than glee when it comes to expectations in trades.

Maybe im just preparing myself for that :)
Well we will see how it turns out in a few days but my call is we get a very strong return for Ullmark.

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I know you said not necessarily MIN, but 1) they don't have cap room for this move 2) I can't see them committing to 5 years of Ullmark with Wallstedt in the pipeline 3) I don't think any team is going to deal a young C for a goalie.
I actually said obviously not MIN. It was just an example.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I’m all over Chychrun, Pinto, Greig, Pick 7 or 12

But if he walks away with Mr Reddit’s nonsense trade of 25OA, Ostapchuk, and Forsberg (any retention would be great) I would be very happy

Forsberg 1 year at $2.75 M with 25-50% retained home run

I would expect if he played here behind this D and responsible F group would be solid good

I would be very disappointed in the reddit scenario. Little cap space opened up, and we get a couple of B prospects. I like Ostapchuk as a B prospect in a deal. He has a chance to be a middle 6 winger, but is still a long term work in progress

Beyonder

May 20, 2024
So... IF Chychrun was in the return to Boston, what do you think it means for defensemen already on the roster?

McAvoy, Carlo, and Lindholm are in the top 4. Chychrun would be in the top 4. Does Lohrei move down to the 3rd pair? Or is somebody in the current top 3 group traded?

I like what I have seen of Lohrei. It would be an embarrassment of riches if he moves to the 3rd pair but it creates good depth because then you have Peeke and Wotherspoon as your #6/7.

But would you expect them to keep everybody and just add Chychrun or does somebody move along?

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Just don't see Ottawa giving up a first wo us taking back money.

I personally would rather use the cash we gained on signing more fa forwards
I’m so happy you are here saying this because even my buddies I went out to eat with last night are getting crazy on the return - one scoffed at my 25OA & Ostapchuk saying we better get a lot more than that - pinto or Chychrun gotta be in it lol

Another said 7OA or keep Ullmark haha

I am outstanding at changing the subject (all women household & workplace I had to get good at) and got them on Celtics parade lol

Now we got KDP just with Florida pick at 31

Donny - dude, let’s get this over with

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
So... IF Chychrun was in the return to Boston, what do you think it means for defensemen already on the roster?

McAvoy, Carlo, and Lindholm are in the top 4. Chychrun would be in the top 4. Does Lohrei move down to the 3rd pair? Or is somebody in the current top 3 group traded?

I like what I have seen of Lohrei. It would be an embarrassment of riches if he moves to the 3rd pair but it creates good depth because then you have Peeke and Wotherspoon as your #6/7.

But would you expect them to keep everybody and just add Chychrun or does somebody move along?
If Chychrun really in it & DeBrusk is getting what the Leafs would have been giving Bettuzzi & Domi FA mone, then we need a winger like Necas

I would see a D going to Carolina for Necas

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston

I would send Lohrei to Carolina for Needcash

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
I voted that low returns for current trades will allow/require DS to keep Ullmark until next trade deadline( or until a team during the season loses a goalie and that ups the price), actually kind of hoping for this scenario. I’m a sap but love having Linus on the team.

• Love
Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I voted that low returns for current trades will allow/require DS to keep Ullmark until next trade deadline( or until a team during the season loses a goalie and that ups the price), actually kind of hoping for this scenario. I’m a sap but love having Linus on the team.

I'm with you. My head tells me Linus is the most valuable trade asset the Bruins have & that he would bring back a player(s) that could help the team. My heart tells me no, he's a great guy in addition to being a great goaltender.

I wonder if anyone has given any thought as to what an Ullmark trade would mean for Jeremy Swayman. Sway's been very vocal about how much Linus means to him as a friend as well as a teammate.

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I just expect the return to be a little better than what markstrom got as a return, but also think the market has been set for goalies by that so I’m not expecting too much more

I’d be happy with Chychrun or pinto and the 25th. Anything more is great. Though I do have reservations about giving Chychrun a long term deal with his injury history. He’s missed slightly under 25% of his career games, so a little nervous there.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
I can’t understand how this deal would center around chychrun. Why would we trade for the one position we don’t need? We have no top 2 centremen, are losing debrusk most likely; this team may never score another goal and we are moving our best trade asset for a f***ing defenseman? If Donnie does this he’s even dumber than I thought and that would be really hard.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I can’t understand how this deal would center around chychrun. Why would we trade for the one position we don’t need? We have no top 2 centremen, are losing debrusk most likely; this team may never score another goal and we are moving our best trade asset for a f***ing defenseman? If Donnie does this he’s even dumber than I thought and that would be really hard.

What top 2 centerman/winger would you trade Ullmark for?

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Going back a few weeks, I figured they’d get equivalent value to a 3rd in this year’s draft. Clearly the rumor mill is suggesting a much higher return than that, so maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Chychrun would push Lindholm who was all over the place and Lohrei is on an ELC. What’s wrong with 3 good LDs? McAvoy had a second straight bad postseason so it’s not like we couldn’t use a boost to the blue line.

Reactions: Gordoff

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Getting shots on net and points in general from any deeman is a big missing part of this team's output. The Bruins have not had that kind of impact from the back end since Krug/Chara days. Improving the power play will increase goals. With Chychrun and Pasta other teams will have to focus on both threats.

Beyonder

May 20, 2024
I'm of two minds about it.

On the one hand, if the Bruins add Chychrun to the current group, pushing one of the bottom pair guys into the #7 role, that's an enviable situation. I look at how Buffalo keeps adding blue chip guys to that defense group and... man, that will be a big advantage for the Sabres if things pan out. Chychrun is only 26 and it would be nice to add a player barely into his prime.

On the other hand, they really need help up front. Center obviously but also wing if DeBrusk is leaving. It's the clear priority versus adding to the defense (with a bigger name addition like Chychrun, at least).

But the bottom line to me is: BPA. If Chychrun is the best asset you can get, I'd take that and figure out the rest from there. I wouldn't take lesser players/picks based on position. If Sweeney doesn't have the luxury of picking from a variety of clearly good and approximately equal choices at various positions, I'd go with BPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad