Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Rangers: The Legend of Ryan O'Reilly

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
For the mathemagicians: Can you post Hank's stats through the last 10 games, and link me to the website you use to find these numbers.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
WooHoo Four Wins in a row! Finally! Great game. I haven't been so excited to watch the Rangers in since the 2012 playoffs!

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
If you told me there would be 16 games where we scored 4+ goals before this season I'd have laughed at you.

We went 25-0-1 when scoring 4+ in 11-12. We went 16-0-0 when scoring 4+ last year... and in less games, too.

More impressive is that we have had more games with 40+ shots this season than in the previous two years combined. 9 this year (6-3-1), 5 last year (3-2-0), 3 the year before (2-1-0).

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
For the mathemagicians: Can you post Hank's stats through the last 10 games, and link me to the website you use to find these numbers.

Can't post the numbers as i'm on my phone but hockey-reference has game logs that should give you his basic stats

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
even better is that even if we were in the "oh so talented" Atlantic, we'd still be in a playoff spot!

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
They dominated the first 40, and mostly played safe the final 20. Both shifts on the 5on3 were incredible. Hank made a couple big saves. Wish Cally got a hat trick. No complaints at all!

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Also, a little side not that it's nice to have a coach that understands the Western Conference. Good little luxury to have

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Richards also gave cally a sick setup for the hatty but cally completely derped on the play.

Richards absolutely should have shot there. My only criticism of his game tonight. The passing lane wasn't open and he had a clear shot at the net.

Bardof425*

That was true, INITIALLY, but a $6.6M cap hit isn't significant money in 2014. Nash is making $7.8M. Lundqvist will be making $8.5M.

If you look at what players were being signed at last off season, $6.6M is more than fair for Richards. The only thing that sucks with his contract is his term (way too long).

The cap hit shouldn't be bothering people anymore.

I have to say it; I really like Brad Richards. He's a class act, a professional, a Conn Smythe winner and just a great hockey player. Last year he slowed down and was a liabiliity. But that was then. And even if we get the shaft on his deal; that's not his fault and you will never catch me disparaging him because aside from his contract there's nothing not to like. That pass tonight to Cally for his second goal was a combination of effort, smarts, hockey sense and sweet hands. Amazing play and an amazing career from someone who was not blessed with size or speed.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
A few things that I am noticing from the Rangers over the last 2 months are:

They are much better at stringing passes together, something that they had a real problem doing earlier in the season.

They are making skill plays at quicker speeds.

Their breakouts along the walls are designed and executed to make better use of their speed game.

Overall they are showing me a level of skill that we have not seen from a lot of these guys over the last 2+ years.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not proclaiming them anything other than 2nd round fodder still.

They are doing things now that they were not doing at all last year, or earlier this year.

Using their speed to dictate pace and tempo and jumping out to early leads giving them greater confidence.

Love that AV is sticking with line combos. creating a level of comfortability that cannot be forced.

When one line isn't working, another line steps up

A lot to like about what is going on, but the realist in me looks at the teams weaknesses and thinks we need a lot of help before I feel good heading into a PO series against Bos, Pitt and TB (with a healthy Stamkos).

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
I like how everyone on the poll has a nickname but j moore and klein - why is that?

Also Henke was his usual self again..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad