Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Rangers: The Legend of Ryan O'Reilly

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
No Del Zotto defenders since he has been traded. Makes me curious if the other players that have been traded have personal friends that come here and defend their contributions to the team when they were here.

You guys were all wrong about DZ. You guys disgust me.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Really liking Micheletti like I never really did before. Maybe now that the team's exciting to watch he's upped his game too. Loved his observation tonight, you don't have to be a fast team to play fast.

Probably because he did the broadcast for NBC last night in the NJD COL game.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
First round matchup against Columbus would be tough as hell IMO, but is probably gonna happen if the Rangers don't slip. If I'm going to assume that the Rangers are the second best team in their division, then Columbus is the 3rd IMO

I think the first 2-3 games would be tough, but our post-season experience would show after that.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Columbus or Philly will be nice. A fresh series like that would really be welcome.

It is so imparative that we stay out of a WC spot.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Detroit have done real good against Boston when I've seen them. Detroit is not that good right now, but they are a nightmare for Boston. Sure, I would hold Boston as the favorite, but you never know. Detroit could definitely upset them. Definitely a match-up I want to see.

I would also like to see Pitt against a real physical Toronto team in a first round. Or against Philly.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Looks like Callahan's earned a 7 yr 49mil extension from Sather.

Quote from Puck Daddy:"2. “The cap's going up!â€

That's a phrase you're going to hear a lot in the next two seasons and a lot of idiots are going to use it to justify an only-slightly-smaller number of colossally bad deals. First and foremost among these is the case of Ryan Callahan, the Rangers' captain who doesn't seem like he's going to be the Rangers' captain after another few weeks at the absolute and very latest.

The reason it seems he's going to be off off off off off Broadway very soon is that his contract demands are, shall we say, outlandish. He is apparently seeking something on the order of low-end Vanek money: seven years at between $6.5 million and $7 million. This is entirely too much in terms of either years or money or both. That is to say, someone giving him seven years will be lamenting having done so after about four at the most, someone giving him close to $7 million a season will not be happy about that decision in the near term, and someone who does both won't have to care because they'll be out of a job long before that contract becomes an overt embarrassment in the view of the general public.

Let's be clear: Ryan Callahan is a good hockey player. Sure he is. He also gets hurt all the time and has career highs in goals and points at 29 and 54, respectively. He also has just nine goals in 39 games this season. This is, flatly, not someone in whom you want to invest the next seven years because, guess what, he's also going to be 29 in March. Ryan Callahan pulling $7 million for you in his Age 35-36 season? Yeah, no thanks.

But this kind of logic will, flatly, not stop anyone from giving him the kind of money he seeks this summer. Get him now, maybe improve your wing depth for the stretch run and the next few years, kick the can down the road and hope like hell you don't get burned because you think he brings “intangibles.†But you will get burned, because players who play like Callahan don't age well.

This league has learned nothing from the David Clarkson contract. Nothing I say!" http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...-vanek-olympic-conditions-152714544--nhl.html

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Quote from Puck Daddy:"2. “The cap's going up!â€

That's a phrase you're going to hear a lot in the next two seasons and a lot of idiots are going to use it to justify an only-slightly-smaller number of colossally bad deals. First and foremost among these is the case of Ryan Callahan, the Rangers' captain who doesn't seem like he's going to be the Rangers' captain after another few weeks at the absolute and very latest.

The reason it seems he's going to be off off off off off Broadway very soon is that his contract demands are, shall we say, outlandish. He is apparently seeking something on the order of low-end Vanek money: seven years at between $6.5 million and $7 million. This is entirely too much in terms of either years or money or both. That is to say, someone giving him seven years will be lamenting having done so after about four at the most, someone giving him close to $7 million a season will not be happy about that decision in the near term, and someone who does both won't have to care because they'll be out of a job long before that contract becomes an overt embarrassment in the view of the general public.

Let's be clear: Ryan Callahan is a good hockey player. Sure he is. He also gets hurt all the time and has career highs in goals and points at 29 and 54, respectively. He also has just nine goals in 39 games this season. This is, flatly, not someone in whom you want to invest the next seven years because, guess what, he's also going to be 29 in March. Ryan Callahan pulling $7 million for you in his Age 35-36 season? Yeah, no thanks.

But this kind of logic will, flatly, not stop anyone from giving him the kind of money he seeks this summer. Get him now, maybe improve your wing depth for the stretch run and the next few years, kick the can down the road and hope like hell you don't get burned because you think he brings “intangibles.†But you will get burned, because players who play like Callahan don't age well.

This league has learned nothing from the David Clarkson contract. Nothing I say!" http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...-vanek-olympic-conditions-152714544--nhl.html

Hard not to agree with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad