Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Nichushkin signs in KHL. Why do Avs always have problems signing their young players?

I know the stars fans generally have a "good riddance" vibe about the whole thing, but can you imagine that team with pretty much any other 2013 11-20 pick on it? Even for a team as good as the Stars, that really sucks.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I know the stars fans generally have a "good riddance" vibe about the whole thing, but can you imagine that team with pretty much any other 2013 11-20 pick on it? Even for a team as good as the Stars, that really sucks.

Yeah im sure its a bit of wanting to just move on from the whole thing, and concentrate on their awesome team
but thats still a big asset that you cant use regardless for like 2 years. That would/should bum any fanbase out.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's

That year had a really solid top-20 looking back on it.

Fun fact: MacKinnon currently leads the 2013 draft class in NHL penalty minutes.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
He would look pretty good in an AVS sweater...

I think it would end up looking a lot like this

Jones-OT-goal-lifts-Avs-over-Maple-Leafs-3EG1B64-x-large.jpg

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
With both of them isn't health kind of the primary concern, like they still have it enough but understandably nobody wants to invest a contract? So giving them a test drive for free in camp is a good idea but then again they could look good and break down 20 games into the season.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Tlusty on a PTO

Showing my ignorance here but who is Tlusty? What position does he play? Saw on another thread that a couple of posters had Tlusty (who the heck is he - for a moment I thought someone came up with a weird nickname for one of our existing players - LOL) penciled in their line-up as a F. I know the Avs need more depth on wing. Does he typically play top or bottom 6? Can't imagine it's the former if he's on a PTO but if he's a bonafide top 6 then great. What team did he previously play for? Bluntly, how would he fit in? Is the guy another scrub? Would he be affordable?

Quicksilver*

Sep 19, 2015
Showing my ignorance here but who is Tlusty? What position does he play? Saw on another thread that a couple of posters had Tlusty (who the heck is he - for a moment I thought someone came up with a weird nickname for one of our existing players - LOL) penciled in their line-up as a F. I know the Avs need more depth on wing. Does he typically play top or bottom 6? Can't imagine it's the former if he's on a PTO but if he's a bonafide top 6 then great. What team did he previously play for? Bluntly, how would he fit in? Is the guy another scrub? Would he be affordable?

Tlusty is a former 1st rounder with the leafs, 13th overall in 06. He scored 23 goals, 17 goals, 16 goals with carolina in different years. He can be shifty, decent defensively but hes pretty soft. Hes coming off wrist surgery im pretty sure as well.

Heres a penalty shot of his a few years back:

https://youtu.be/kIpcbzpJ5JI

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
He had a decent stretch of seasons on the Hurricanes roster a few years ago, and that should tell you most of what you need to know. I'd love it if he magically became a consistent weapon for us, but I don't expect he'll stick on our roster long enough to do that, if at all.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Tlusty is a former 1st rounder with the leafs, 13th overall in 06. He scored 23 goals, 17 goals, 16 goals with carolina in different years. He can be shifty, decent defensively but hes pretty soft. Hes coming off wrist surgery im pretty sure as well.

Heres a penalty shot of his a few years back:

https://youtu.be/kIpcbzpJ5JI

That's Tanguay's SO move. Fitting.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Only thing I remember about Tlusty is the Toronto press going absolute ape-**** over some goofy photos of him messing around with his friends that somehow made it online (I believe this is before social media really took over) and blowing it way out of proportion. That played a role in Tlusty eventually being dealt to Carolina for 2009 1st-rounder Philippe Paradis, who never played a single game in the NHL.

I'm fine with them taking a chance on these guys even if they're a bit injury prone. The system appears to have more depth than even just a couple years ago when Jesse Winchester got concussed before the season even started and the Avs were forced to use Cliche as 4C again. That played a not-insubstantial role in the Avs' horrid start that year.

But this time if it happens there are callups who shouldn't embarrass themselves.

These PTOs are very low-risk moves. The only one I'm not at all enthused about is Rene Bourque.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Only thing I remember about Tlusty is the Toronto press going absolute ape-**** over some goofy photos of him messing around with his friends that somehow made it online (I believe this is before social media really took over) and blowing it way out of proportion. That played a role in Tlusty eventually being dealt to Carolina for 2009 1st-rounder Philippe Paradis, who never played a single game in the NHL.

I'm fine with them taking a chance on these guys even if they're a bit injury prone. The system appears to have more depth than even just a couple years ago when Jesse Winchester got concussed before the season even started and the Avs were forced to use Cliche as 4C again. That played a not-insubstantial role in the Avs' horrid start that year.

But this time if it happens there are callups who shouldn't embarrass themselves.

These PTOs are very low-risk moves. The only one I'm not at all enthused about is Rene Bourque.

Yeah, I agree. I'd put them in this order out of the three:

1- G. Bourque
2- Tlusty
3- R. Bourque

At least with Gabriel Bourque, you kind of know what he's going to bring and he could be a good fit on the 4th line.

With Tlusty, I'm far from convinced that he can recapture the production he showed a few years ago. I don't think he's much use in the bottom-6.

Rene Bourque has had a TON of opportunities and he hasn't done very much for a very long time. Hard pass on this guy...I hope he has a poor camp and doesn't give us much to think about.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
^^ yep. I think only one of them will earn a spot and I think it'll be Gabriel Bourque

If G. Bourque and Tlusty show to be healthy I think both get signed. We could use another secondary scoring option on the wing, and Tlusty was consistently putting up 30+ points and right around 15 goals before last year. Bourque just sounds like a perfect fit for a 4th line role and another forward we can trust won't be a bad thing.

Plus, we are at only 44 contracts. We can sign these two and still have a few spots to work with throughout the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad