Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Could see this one coming. As I posted a few weeks ago, the more Dreger kept going on TSN and saying Trouba wants to be in Winnipeg, the less I believed it.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I like Trouba and would love to have him on our blue line but I don't think I'd be willing to cough up what it will take to get him.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He probably does want to play the right side in the top four but I don't buy that being the only reason for the trade request.

If that's the case though, potentially moving Trouba (they don't have to) because Byfuglien and Myers are ahead of him would be hard to take as a fan. I think he's better than Myers and he's like 10 years younger than Buff.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
It's such a glorious feeling watching other teams' contract problems, and knowing this core is all locked up.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I hope this goes deep into the season. A top 4 hole for another central team? Yes please, we'll take all the help we can get in this division.

Not showing up to camp. Good lord, what a familiar mess...

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I hope this goes deep into the season. A top 4 hole for another central team? Yes please, we'll take all the help we can get in this division.

Not showing up to camp. Good lord, what a familiar mess...

So many are still unsigned, that's crazy to me. I'm sure a few will come together quickly but its really unprecedented.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Maybe a Fowler for Trouba deal will happen

Anaheim has such severe cap and budget issues, will have trouble with protecting defensmen for expansion already, and need a top six forward badly...it makes no sense for them.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
So many are still unsigned, that's crazy to me. I'm sure a few will come together quickly but its really unprecedented.

lol it really is isn't it? I can't remember a time so many big names coming off entry level deals were still unsigned the week of camp. Lindholm and Gaudreau, these are huge names.

I'm personally really interested to see how Gaudreau's contract plays out.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I kind of assumed the three big D (Lindholm, Ristolainen, and Trouba) we waiting for one of the others to sign for a comparison. Gaudreau's just gold, Calgary needs to shut up and open their wallet. So funny to me a guy that small can have such an impact on NHL ice.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Newport got what they wanted... they changed the outlook across the league on bridge deals. Others are following suit now.

I don't think Trouba starts the year in Winnipeg.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Overhardt is the agent for Kyle Turris and Ryan Johansen as well. He's a hardball kinda guy.

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
I would love to see the Avs throw an offer sheet at Gaudreau similar to the one the Flames decided to send to O'Reilly.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
lol it really is isn't it? I can't remember a time so many big names coming off entry level deals were still unsigned the week of camp. Lindholm and Gaudreau, these are huge names.

I'm personally really interested to see how Gaudreau's contract plays out.

The WC kind of put a freeze on a lot of these guys talking. I expect it to pretty much resolve itself next week.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Not my point, I don't want them to throw one at them to steal Gaudreau, I want them to be forced to match it and proceed to deal with the negations from that point on. More spite than anything else.

No, Gaudreau isn't eligible for an offer sheet. You can't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad