Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Is he not allowed to post on that? It does say Free Agents in the title.

I didn't say he couldn't, but are we going to be doing an "Everberg Watch" this year? When it seems like it's pretty likely that he'll never suit up for the Avs again? Just seems kind of odd to be focused on him in that regard.

Last edited:

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Do you think Winnipeg would do Zadorov + 1st? Would you even do it?

I proposed this in May, but wouldn't touch it now. The Avs roster is set, the Avs don't have the cap for this year...let Winnipeg enjoy the guy who apparently requested a trade back in May. His value can only go down.

Would Trouba even want to be here?? The Avs wouldn't open the cheque book, Colorado isn't a big hockey market, and he'd be dogfighting EJ and Barrie for top four minutes on the right side. I don't see a fit.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yup, just like the Drouin saga... And we ****ed up.

The Drouin saga where Drouin was never actually made available for a reasonable price by Yzerman?

Zadorov and a 1st for Jacob Trouba when we've already got EJ and Barrie on the right side just puts us in the exact same position Winnipeg is in right now, not to mention I think it's overpayment for a player who has publicly requested a trade at 22 years old

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
Unless we trade EJ or Barrie or Trouba is willing to sign something cheap this year with promise of big extension next year, we can't really fit him under our cap. Maybe something like Comeau, Zadorov, 2nd? Bigras is sounding untouchable right now.

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
People are way too down on Zadorov. That trade idea will look foolish in a few months.

He's a young top pairing defenseman. Those are rare and rarely do they become available in trade. Even though his trade request does lower his trade value, since we're in division we're still going to have to give up something good. Right handed shooting defensemen are always at a premium and this would make possibly trading EJ easier down the road. I love Zadorov and believe in his potential, but who else could we realistically trade that'd hurt less?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He's a young top pairing defenseman. Those are rare and rarely do they become available in trade. Even though his trade request does lower his trade value, since we're in division we're still going to have to give up something good. Right handed shooting defensemen are always at a premium and this would make possibly trading EJ easier down the road. I love Zadorov and believe in his potential, but who else could we realistically trade that'd hurt less?

Trouba most definitely is not a top-pairing defensemen at this point in his career

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
At least defensively he is and his partner is an albatross in Stuart.

He truly is not a top-pairing defensemen right now. I don't know how much of Trouba you've watched, but there's a reason he was behind both Byfuglien and Myers on the Jets and behind Ekblad, Jones, AND Parayko on Team North America in the World Cup.

Does he have the potential to get there? Sure does. But to say he's a top-pairing defensemen right now at 22 years old is simply wrong.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
We actually need Zads. Beyond Bigras, we don't have much else that could help out the left side. If we dump Zads, we still have a massive hole at (hopefully) top pairing LD moving forward.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
We actually need Zads. Beyond Bigras, we don't have much else that could help out the left side. If we dump Zads, we still have a massive hole at (hopefully) top pairing LD moving forward.

Also, we need someone as dynamic and physical as him. Only other guy in the system that can bring that is EJ, and he is starting to age.

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
He truly is not a top-pairing defensemen right now. I don't know how much of Trouba you've watched, but there's a reason he was behind both Byfuglien and Myers on the Jets and behind Ekblad, Jones, AND Parayko on Team North America in the World Cup.

Does he have the potential to get there? Sure does. But to say he's a top-pairing defensemen right now at 22 years old is simply wrong.

The only way you get one of those guys is if you roll the dice that the player will turn in to that eventually. You're never going to get the young, established top pairing guys like Jones, Parayko, and Ekblad. The teams usually pay whatever it takes for them as I'm sure Winnipeg would have if Trouba was one.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The only way you get one of those guys is if you roll the dice that the player will turn in to that eventually. You're never going to get the young, established top pairing guys like Jones, Parayko, and Ekblad. The teams usually pay whatever it takes for them as I'm sure Winnipeg would have if Trouba was one.

Parayko is not a top-pairing guy either.

I don't know what your definition of a top-pairing defensemen is, but neither Trouba nor Parayko are that. You can say Trouba will become a top-pairing defensemen the same way you can say Zadorov will become a top-pairing defensmen. At this point in time, neither are, and we need Zadorov on the left side more than we need Trouba on the right side.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Probably an unpopular opinion here but I'd trade EJ for Trouba before trading Barrie for him.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
How on earth are we paying Trouba this year when we're so tight to the cap and Z has an ELC?

Simple you jettison Barrie or EJ, the other way, opening up 5-6M. If the Jets are willing to take EJ then fine, but if they want Barrie they also have to take a cap dump like Mitchell to make it work.

Personally I'm not sure I'm that sold on Trouba to give up a quality player, and sign him to a big number long term deal. I think the Avs would be wise to sit this one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad