Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The role/ice time thing is most likely BS. He wants to play in a nice city in US and not in Manitoba. It's of course nothing he will say publicly because it makes him look bad.

It's what I think, too. If it really was about his role/ice time, it's as simple as showing coaches in camp that he's more effective than one of either Myers/Byfuglien, or both. I doubt he just wants coaches to hand him 30 minutes per night. He wants out of the city.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The role/ice time thing is most likely BS. He wants to play in a nice city in US and not in Manitoba. It's of course nothing he will say publicly because it makes him look bad.

Agreed, and the only way he wants to play in Winnipeg is if he gets overpaid money. This type of negotiating doesn't happen rarely though, I think it's VERY common in the NHL. We just experienced the same type of situation with Ryan O'Reilly.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Trouba certainly fits the age group of the new core much better than EJ. Pretty much the best case scenario with Trouba is he would be a more mobile EJ. It's a swap I would make, due to the age gap, but I don't think Trouba would bring what Johnson does for another year or two.

Trouba has had similar stuff circulate about him in Winnipeg as Bogosian did. They were best friends and lived together when they were in Winnipeg, which could explain lots of it, but there has been similar off ice rumours about him. All hearsay, but still out there.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
And why exactly would Winnipeg trade Trouba for EJ? To save money? EJ is making 6M a year for the next 7 years.

We should be more worried about EJ's performance last year and at the World cup than thinking that we can trade him and his contract for a top 22 year old dman.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It just doesn't make much sense for the Avs right now. They probably tried a while back but that ship has sailed.

Who knows if Trouba would want to play in Edmonton but this is a perfect opportunity for them. They have a young LHD with potential they could deal too.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Expansion draft will play a big role in the Trouba deal for both teams involved which is why this trade might take longer to happen unless WIN are willing to take future for him like COL did for ROR.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
And why exactly would Winnipeg trade Trouba for EJ? To save money? EJ is making 6M a year for the next 7 years.

We should be more worried about EJ's performance last year and at the World cup than thinking that we can trade him and his contract for a top 22 year old dman.

By the time Trouba signs, he will probably be making as much, if not more than EJ.

Johnson was fine at the World Cup, outside of an atrocious Canada game.

I'd imagine anything with Trouba and the Avs starts with Bigras. Would also involve the Avs being able to move Beauchemin, Varlamov, or Iginla in a separate deal.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
By the time Trouba signs, he will probably be making as much, if not more than EJ.

Johnson was fine at the World Cup, outside of an atrocious Canada game.

I'd imagine anything with Trouba and the Avs starts with Bigras. Would also involve the Avs being able to move Beauchemin, Varlamov, or Iginla in a separate deal.
With Trouba demanding to play top-4 right side, this does not make sense for the Avs.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Probably an unpopular opinion here but I'd trade EJ for Trouba before trading Barrie for him.

EJ is arguably my favorite Av but the last few years of his contract are going to be ugly. Getting a player nearly as good as him right now who is 6 years younger is an absolute no brainer. I hope there are no Avs fans out there who would pass on an EJ for Trouba swap.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Sorry, I should have put and Barrie playing the left side. So three major obstacles for the Avs to make Trouba work.
Yes that would be a solution and any other time I would like that very much but with the expansion draft coming one dman would need to be exposed unless the Avs already know Beauch will wave or they are willing to buy him out.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Just spitballing here, but what if the trade was something like Zadarov + EJ for Trouba + Morrissey? Honestly would never happen, just wondering what you guys think of value and whatnot.

I do agree with the sentiment that Trouba is overrated, but he's still a capable #3/4 right now and is closer to reaching his potential than Zadarov.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Nobody wanted to pay his price because his price was absurd, because Yzerman never had any plans to actually trade him unless a massive haul was coming back his way.

Trouba isn't some next big superstar, either. Would I trade EJ for him straight up? Probably, only because of the difference in age between the two players. But I wouldn't move Zadorov + 1st for him. We need Zadorov a hell of a lot more than we need Trouba.

How do you know what the price was for Drouin?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Just spitballing here, but what if the trade was something like Zadarov + EJ for Trouba + Morrissey? Honestly would never happen, just wondering what you guys think of value and whatnot.

I do agree with the sentiment that Trouba is overrated, but he's still a capable #3/4 right now and is closer to reaching his potential than Zadarov.

I'd do that deal. I think Trouba would be a huge get..that scary neck injury slowed his development a bit but he's still a legit defenseman.

I'm not quite as optimistic about Zadorov as others on this board. I am certainly hoping he turns into a top-four guy but I'm not convinced he's going to be that guy. Trouba already is.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Jets need a LH d-man back, do they not? I don't see how we have what it would take to make a deal. Or one that would make sense for both sides. Would have to be a 3-way deal.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Holden was a competent top 4 guys for about a month, before returning to his previous form.

You missed my point.

Zadarov hasn't solidified himself as a top 4 defensemen, not on a quality team at least. If we look at Pittsburgh's defensive corps, he wouldn't be ahead of Letang, Dumo, Daley, or Maatta and they were arguably one of the weakest defensive corps that have won the Stanley Cup.

I have no doubt that Z can become a top 4/top 2 defender, but he isn't yet.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
EJ for Trouba, if it were to be made would be a no brainer IMO.

Trouba, Zads, Barrie, and Bigras could be a really fun young core on D. If they can manage to keep Tyutin and Beauchemin to help teach, that's a pretty solid Top 6 D. Going to get spendy in a few years though!

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Reading more into it, and doing more research it really feels like an ROR situation. Just seems like he wants out of Peg. Can't blame him. Thats not a place i'd want to live!

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Reading more into it, and doing more research it really feels like an ROR situation. Just seems like he wants out of Peg. Can't blame him. Thats not a place i'd want to live!

It's sad if someone does it just because of the market. How is the team supposed to compete if their guys pull the charade. Not everyone does but losing a big piece hurts. What if McDavid did something like that? I also believe money is a factor somewhere in there, if the jets were willing to pony up all would probably be fine but if not then he'll force his way out. I also wonder what happens when Drouin's ELC is up.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca

We've got nothing for them.

The only way I wanted him was if he was a replacement for Barrie earlier in the summer. There's really no need for him on this team at the moment. Great player, but not someone to disrupt the blueprint over. It will be interesting to see how he develops though, he will need to expand his offense or else he will end up like EJ 2.0 (not that that's such a bad thing).

I think the Coyotes will get him for Chychrun +. They have the pieces and Chayka will be big game hunting sooner or later. Him + OEL could be one of the best pairings in the league sooner than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad