Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This Trouba thing is gonna be a long drawn out ugly affair. Worse than Drouin.

Chevy's gonna let this go forever. He has a decent team. He's ok with rebuilding, and not going after the Cup. I don't know if he'll end up getting the return he wants, but he'll probably let him sit out all year at least and not really budge.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Even if that was true, that's nice, not even a main piece.

You must have forgotten the emoji, because I am not believing you are ok with trading a first round pick.

I'd love to have Trouba, T-Boobs can just be the third pairing guy. I've got no issue spending 30M on our defense in 3 or so years lol.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
This Trouba thing is gonna be a long drawn out ugly affair. Worse than Drouin.

Chevy's gonna let this go forever. He has a decent team. He's ok with rebuilding, and not going after the Cup. I don't know if he'll end up getting the return he wants, but he'll probably let him sit out all year at least and not really budge.

We will see. The threat of an offer sheet is still a factor, however unlikely. And if someone actually ponies up the right price, you never know. I can't imagine it'll be for as cheap as Calgary got Dougie Hamilton but it might be lower than you think.

So that's three pretty good puckmoving defenders more or less on the market going into the season: Shattenkirk, Beaulieu, and Trouba. Could make for some interesting player movement leading up to the start of the season and the deadline.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
For next off-season, who should we be looking at for UFAs? We will be losing Iggy, Mitchell, Tyutin and Marty, plus one to Vegas. And the ghost of Stuart. So four of our 6 oldest guys. Works out to $13.37M plus the expansion guy and cap increase.

Wing, I am thinking Marchand, Radulov and Oshie are in the mix. Plenty of names for the bottom 6, so not really worth listing them yet.

Center, Bonino for the 4th line is the only one I am seeing as interesting.

Defense, a lot on names on this list, depending on what you want to look for. Kulikov, Stone, Shatty, Falk, Alzner, Pronger, Polak, Burns, and a ton more bottom pairing guys.

Goalie, if we need a vet backup for Picks in the event that Varlagod ends up elsewhere. Griess, Montoya or Gustavsson maybe...picking are rather slim for guys that are backup level vets that aren't actually AHLers in disguise.

Of course it all depends on how this season goes, but may as well look ahead, and cross off names as they sign or unimpress.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
For next off-season, who should we be looking at for UFAs? We will be losing Iggy, Mitchell, Tyutin and Marty, plus one to Vegas. And the ghost of Stuart. So four of our 6 oldest guys. Works out to $13.37M plus the expansion guy and cap increase.

Wing, I am thinking Marchand, Radulov and Oshie are in the mix. Plenty of names for the bottom 6, so not really worth listing them yet.

Center, Bonino for the 4th line is the only one I am seeing as interesting.

Defense, a lot on names on this list, depending on what you want to look for. Kulikov, Stone, Shatty, Falk, Alzner, Pronger, Polak, Burns, and a ton more bottom pairing guys.

Goalie, if we need a vet backup for Picks in the event that Varlagod ends up elsewhere. Griess, Montoya or Gustavsson maybe...picking are rather slim for guys that are backup level vets that aren't actually AHLers in disguise.

Of course it all depends on how this season goes, but may as well look ahead, and cross off names as they sign or unimpress.

I vote for this.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
What do you guys think about Tobias Rieder? We need winger depth and he's pretty solid and young.

I like him. He's Landy's pal too. Not sure what it would cost to sign him though. He likely wants more than what the Avs currently have in cap space. Plus we have to give up trade assets.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Bobby Mac saying both Risto and Lindholm are very apart in contract talks. Man I wish we had a creative way of getting Lindholm.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Bobby Mac saying both Risto and Lindholm are very apart in contract talks. Man I wish we had a creative way of getting Lindholm.

We need to be patient. This isn't the year for making a big move, both for sporting and financial reasons. The cap room isn't there and we don't need the move this year. Let the assets develop, build value, re-evaluate the situation in June, get a high draft pick, and bring in 1 or 2 top tier players via trade/free agency next summer. Patience, my little grasshopper; patience.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
65092718.jpg

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
We need to be patient. This isn't the year for making a big move, both for sporting and financial reasons. The cap room isn't there and we don't need the move this year. Let the assets develop, build value, re-evaluate the situation in June, get a high draft pick, and bring in 1 or 2 top tier players via trade/free agency next summer. Patience, my little grasshopper; patience.

That makes sense and all but.. Lindholm... HE GOOD.

The good news is that Bednar's style tries to turn all defenseman into Lindholm's. None will probably ever be as good but Lindholm's ability to retrieve and move the puck out of the zone so effectively is something I've drooled over for a long time. I'm quickly realizing that the reason this team lacked that so much had more to do with coaching than the players. I'm looking forward to seeing Tys and Zadorov breaking out with some structure this year. Could be a fun season to watch.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
That makes sense and all but.. Lindholm... HE GOOD.

The good news is that Bednar's style tries to turn all defenseman into Lindholm's. None will probably ever be as good but Lindholm's ability to retrieve and move the puck out of the zone so effectively is something I've drooled over for a long time. I'm quickly realizing that the reason this team lacked that so much had more to do with coaching than the players. I'm looking forward to seeing Tys and Zadorov breaking out with some structure this year. Could be a fun season to watch.

Not if you don't drink alcohol.

I love the annual September optimism, but this is going to be a long, frustrating season. Positives, as you alluded to, will be watching the integration of Bednar's style as well as the development of young/new players. We shouldn't worry about the scoreline too much.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

I love the annual September optimism, but this is going to be a long, frustrating season. Positives, as you alluded to, will be watching the integration of Bednar's style as well as the development of young/new players. We shouldn't worry about the scoreline too much.

I see them as just missing the playoffs. I think it's a more structured, better team. But the ridiculous luck this team has had over the last 3 years will run out.

Yes, as much as fans don't see it. Even in the last two poor years the Avs were very lucky.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I agree with TPS, as good it would be to add Lindholm I don't see a reasonable way, unless Murray wants to unload him for EJ.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle

I don't know. There is enough top end "talent" to at least create a competitive team.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Like others have mentioned:

Does anyone know if they've reported to their respective camps or not? So much high talent drama this offseason :laugh:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't think anyone has reported yet from the WCH, but the first wave should be today. And those without a contract probably won't.

I'm preaching patience too but it's not a lot of fun for folks to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad