Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Like others have mentioned:

Does anyone know if they've reported to their respective camps or not? So much high talent drama this offseason :laugh:

Close to 100% sure they're not at camp.

They don't have contracts so it would be foolish of them to risk injury until it's resolved.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I agree with TPS, as good it would be to add Lindholm I don't see a reasonable way, unless Murray wants to unload him for EJ.

james-franco-in-the-iceman-2013-movie-image.jpg

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I'll have to respectfully disagree with you guys TPS and Ivan. I think a #1 defensman is about the most rare and valuable thing in hockey...this team has been needing one for a long time. There was hope EJ would be, but inconsistency and injuries have ruled that out for me, even though he's displayed the ability. I know trading for a guy like Lindholm would be far from ideal right now, it'd be great to wait ~2 years before the Avs make a big trade to see where Jost, Rantanen, Bigras, and Zadorov are, but I don't think, if an opportunity for a likely high end #1 defensman comes up, that the Avs can afford to wait for the perfect time to pull the trigger. We've already acknowledged this upcoming year will hurt...I wouldn't have any problems making it hurt a bit more if it meant that the Avs could acquire what I think is the biggest missing puzzle piece. If Lindholm can be had for anything realistic not involving MacKinnon, I'd hope the Avs pull the trigger and sort the likely gap up front out within the year afterward.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I would have been perfectly fine with the Avs giving Marchand 7x7 next season and I'm generally pretty cheap on those things so you'd have to think he could probably do even better than that. that deal is a steal for Boston.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I knew the second he started getting questions about "do you think you'll sign in Pittsburgh next summer to play with Sid" that he was re-signing in Boston.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Hamilton didn't cost a Lando

We'd have to trade a Lando just to make it work cap wise and that's just too much of a shakeup right now. Unless we can convince Iggy to waive. Then it would have to be something like Iginla + Jost + Bigras for Lindholm. Probably even more.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Hamilton also isn't a Lindholm imo, and the Bruins made a stupid trade going for all picks.

I don't think Boston made bad choices that offseason by trading for picks. It was a great way to do a quick retool rather than just be okay with being a bubble team for the next 5+ years similar to how Detroit have been lately. I think Boston simply screwed up with the choices they made in that draft. I'm not talking hindsight either. I'm talking at the time absolute dumb draft choices. Nobody would mock Boston if they had taken Connor and Barzal with 2 of those 3 choices.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I would have been perfectly fine with the Avs giving Marchand 7x7 next season and I'm generally pretty cheap on those things so you'd have to think he could probably do even better than that. that deal is a steal for Boston.

Well, I'm always reluctant of calling any deal that locks a guy up until he's 36 a "steal," but locking up Marchand and Bergeron for a combined cap hit of $13 million is pretty damned good for Boston.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't think Boston made bad choices that offseason by trading for picks. It was a great way to do a quick retool rather than just be okay with being a bubble team for the next 5+ years similar to how Detroit have been lately. I think Boston simply screwed up with the choices they made in that draft. I'm not talking hindsight either. I'm talking at the time absolute dumb draft choices. Nobody would mock Boston if they had taken Connor and Barzal with 2 of those 3 choices.

True. I was questioning those picks at the time, too. Very odd selections. But I also thought they could have gotten something better than those picks in return for Hamilton even though I'm not that high on him.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think that's a fine deal for the Bruins and Marchand. I worry about locking anyone up into their late 30's though.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Who would you guys rather trade, for Risto or Lindholm? I'd love to get either of them here, even though that's extremely unlikely.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Who would you guys rather trade, for Risto or Lindholm? I'd love to get either of them here, even though that's extremely unlikely.

Lindholm. There are few LHD in the league I would prefer over him. There are two RHD on the Avs already that I choose over Trouba.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Lindholm. There are few LHD in the league I would prefer over him. There are two RHD on the Avs already that I choose over Trouba.

Agreed with you on Lindholm and Trouba, but in regards to Risto, I'd definitely find myself debating. So much hinges on what Trouba and Risto want/end up with for contracts.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't think Risto and Trouba belong in the same conversation as Lindholm. IMO, he's in a different tier.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I don't think Risto and Trouba belong in the same conversation as Lindholm. IMO, he's in a different tier.

That, Linholm has established himself, even if no one has noticed it yet because he plays in the smallest market in Cali.

Risto and Trouba are still a good 30% potential or more when it comes to their value. Neither are legit #1 level defenders yet IMO. Both are strong top four defenders on a contender though.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Not that I believe Lindholm is available, but I can't really think of the last time a name that big has been traded. Maybe EJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad