Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
No idea who that is or what he brings. MHH says they're bringing in someone else as well.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I Just googled his name. One of the first things to come up is some blog from 2012 about exposing fake Twitter insiders called "exposing dumb****s" . Apparently he was one.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I Just googled his name. One of the first things to come up is some blog from 2012 about exposing fake Twitter insiders called "exposing dumb****s" . Apparently he was one.

Awesome. Now a bunch of people on here think they have a career in hockey.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
That blog has a single sentence about a Twitter account that was supposedly run by Urback as a "fake insider" when he was 17. If everyone were judged for their job based on stuff they did when they were 17 then I don't think there'd be many qualified people for anything out there. I'll tale the fact that he was last working for the Steelheads in the OHL with a lot more water than something he may have done as a 17 year old and I think to judge someone based on something like that is pretty silly unless there's anything else to suggest that they are still the same person today as they were at 17.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm not the biggest fan of his DEV model but maybe with the Avs supplying him real stats he can help them. Urback is the one who takes prospect stats and projects them to pro success. It's basically takes primary points, sort by age.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Nobody is judging him.

Calling him a dumbass and a fake insider sounded a little judgey to me the way it was presented but I guess that could just be how I read it before it was given any context. Either way that info seems pretty irrelevant in the scheme of things for reasons I gave above.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
That's what the blog called him. I just asked if it was the same guy (was genuinely curious if it was the same guy due to his age).

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
That's what the blog called him. I just asked if it was the same guy (was genuinely curious if it was the same guy due to his age).

Yeah I see that now, just the first post was really no context and the context you were referencing was pretty obscure in that I don't think many people would be familiar with that particular blog with like 3 posts ever, although at least one person knew about it but still seems a little esoteric to me.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm not the biggest fan of his DEV model but maybe with the Avs supplying him real stats he can help them. Urback is the one who takes prospect stats and projects them to pro success. It's basically takes primary points, sort by age.

Any data or examples of his past projections?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Any data or examples of his past projections?

http://www.prospect-stats.com/DEV/default.html

It doesn't work on my iPad so can't really dig through it right now. I know Gauthier was like the second best forward projected because nearly all his points are primary. it's an interesting point about looking at prospect points as well as their performance by age (as their age in their draft year can make a big difference) but that's one example of the limitations. Plus I think it skews very heavily to offensive type D. But I recognize trying to analyze prospects is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad