Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
It would be neat if the Avs could execute a sneaky deal and get one of Rieder or Rakell. The team could really use another solid top 9 forward. Not really sure what we'd give up, and we'd have to send some cap the other way, annnnnd it will depend on Beauch waiving his NMC next season for expansion, but it would be nice. :)

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If Bigras becomes Jay Bouwmeester I'll be absolutely thrilled.

However count me in the group that doesn't consider J-Bo a top pairing defensemen anymore at this stage of his career.

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
Yall are reaching a little low with these "Vlasic" expectations.

What did Nick Lidström have that Bigras can't develop?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Yall are reaching a little low with these "Vlasic" expectations.

What did Nick Lidström have that Bigras can't develop?

Pssh, Lidstrom? I'm pretty sure Bigras can be Gretzky 2.0 if he puts his mind to it.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I don't think it's so crazy. You help develop these guys by showing them tape of the player you want them to mould their game around. Show Bigras tons of Lidstrom footage. Get Zadorov watching Pronger video. Meloche with a Chelios tape. Nothing wrong with that.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don't think it's so crazy. You help develop these guys by showing them tape of the player you want them to mould their game around. Show Bigras tons of Lidstrom footage. Get Zadorov watching Pronger video. Meloche with a Chelios tape. Nothing wrong with that.

That only gets to be a problem when they don't develop into that kind of player. Boston gave up on Joe Thornton because he didn't have enough snarl in his game. They wanted Mario Lemieux.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Has Dater ever broken a big trade? To my recollection he's only ever been relatively accurate on FA signings...regardless, Trouba absolutely would not return Duchene considering the hell he's putting Winnipeg through. Bigras as the centerpiece obviously would be impossible unless we package him with someone like Iginla to open up some cap space. And even if we did manage to accomplish all that, his desire to play top minutes on the right side severely complicates our depth. I understand the desire to bring in a young defenseman of his caliber, but it just doesn't make a whole lotta sense for this team right now.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
They wouldn't take that either. More like Bigras + Duchene and maybe they'd add a prospect in return.

Lol That's not what it will take. Even at full price Trouba wouldn't command a price that high.

All depends on who is the " another decent prospect" he's talking about .
He's probably thinking about Miko Rantanen and if it's the case, this board will probably explode .

As they should. Should it be one of Greer/Compher though.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If it's Bigras + Greer or Compher for Trouba , I would be seriously thinking about it . On the other hand, does it fit under the cap ? i dont think so .

I don't actually think about the cap when thinking about trades. From a pure value's perspective this should get it done.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Has Dater ever broken a big trade? To my recollection he's only ever been relatively accurate on FA signings...regardless, Trouba absolutely would not return Duchene considering the hell he's putting Winnipeg through. Bigras as the centerpiece obviously would be impossible unless we package him with someone like Iginla to open up some cap space. And even if we did manage to accomplish all that, his desire to play top minutes on the right side severely complicates our depth. I understand the desire to bring in a young defenseman of his caliber, but it just doesn't make a whole lotta sense for this team right now.

Dater has sources. He throws way too much speculation out there (like this Trouba crap most likely) to be taken seriously but he has better sources with the Avs than probably anyone.

Even though he no longer worked with the DP he was still the first one to break the Boedker and Gelnias trades.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
They wouldn't take that either. More like Bigras + Duchene and maybe they'd add a prospect in return.
Sorry TV but that would be a huge no from me and the Avs for that matter. The only way Trouba to the Avs can work is if Barrie moves to the left side or is traded as well. WIN wouldn't want Barrie as they would have the same problem on the right side as they currently have now with Trouba or they would have to play him on the left side and I don't see them do that. The only other way would be a 3-way trade where Barrie would go to another team, Trouba to the Avs and WIN gets whatever they want from the other team. Other pieces would be needed to even out the deal though.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bigras/decent prospect probably isn't getting it done and Duchene/Bigras would just be massive overpayment. That's two extremes there.

I don't really trust Dater when it comes to trade rumours and this would make no sense from a salary cap POV. It would also leave us with the same issue the Jets have unless one of EJ/Barrie are getting traded or playing the left side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad