Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Which makes sense until you explain 1) why Winnipeg wants Johnson for the next 7 years when he's not what they need, and 2) why Johnson even remotely considers putting Winnipeg on the list of teams he'll accept a trade to. So basically it makes no sense at all...

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
Which makes sense until you explain 1) why Winnipeg wants Johnson for the next 7 years when he's not what they need, and 2) why Johnson even remotely considers putting Winnipeg on the list of teams he'll accept a trade to. So basically it makes no sense at all...

It would have to be a three way trade.

But it kinda makes sense as we would be getting a someone closer the the same age as the rest of our core.

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster
I really want nothing to do with trouba. Seems he's a malcontent(nothing I can confirm). With his salary asks from last year he's gonna make atleast 6.5 I suspect.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan

Oh it'll never happen but at this point in the year it's the only one that "might" happen. Trading Duchene for defence would be stupid and I'd much rather have Barrie than Trouba. Varlamov also makes no sense for Winnipeg so there's no way to move enough cap to make it work. Trouba isn't going to happen and personally I'm good with not getting him as I think he's stagnated and is fairly overrated.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I really want nothing to do with trouba. Seems he's a malcontent(nothing I can confirm). With his salary asks from last year he's gonna make atleast 6.5 I suspect.

His discontent is not without merit. I'm not saying he's 100% justified but I don't think he's just some hockey diva because of this either, nor do I think he hates the city of Winnipeg either.

Besides, a lot of people labeled Rob Blake a malcontent too...he was anything but with the Avs.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
To make a deal with Winnipeg work, I think it would need to be a multi player trade, as we need cap space.

I'm still really unsure how much cap space we have left, either. Winnipeg would also want players who are going to add immediate impact.

You'd then could throw in a player like Soderberg, Comeau & say Bigras for say Trouba & someone like Ehlers.

That way, outgoing would be:
+ Blake Comeau - 2.4M
+ Carl Soderberg - 4.75M
+ Chris Bigras - 863k
TOTAL 8.013 Cap Hit

Returned:
+ Nikolaj Ehlers 1.594

Leaving 6.419M for Trouba

You could then go

Landeskog - Mackinnon - Grigorenko
Ehlers - Duchene - Rantanen
Borque - Colborne - Iginla
Mcleod - Mitchell - XXXXXXXXXX

Trouba - Johnson
Beauchemin - Barrie
Zadorov - Tyutin

Varlamov
Pickard

That is most certainly one of the better defensive units I've seen for us in a very, very long time.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
To make a deal with Winnipeg work, I think it would need to be a multi player trade, as we need cap space.

I'm still really unsure how much cap space we have left, either. Winnipeg would also want players who are going to add immediate impact.

You'd then could throw in a player like Soderberg, Comeau & say Bigras for say Trouba & someone like Ehlers.

+ Blake Comeau - 2.4M
+ Carl Soderberg - 4.75M
+ Chris Bigras - 863k
TOTAL 8.013 Cap Hit

Returned:
+ Nikolaj Ehlers 1.594

You could then go

Trouba - Johnson
Beauchemin - Barrie
Zadorov - Tyutin

Varlamov
Pickard

That is most certainly one of the better defensive units I've seen for us in a very, very long time.

Winnipeg is giving up the two most valuable pieces in the deal.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Wisniewski cut from his PTO. Would be pretty awesome if we could add him for SA (not going to happen).

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
If you are going to purge a 6m core player to get younger D, you find a way to get Lindholm, otherwise you ride out the year or wait for the prices to drop.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo

+ Blake Comeau - 2.4M
+ Carl Soderberg - 4.75M
+ Chris Bigras - 863k
TOTAL 8.013 Cap Hit

Returned:
+ Nikolaj Ehlers 1.594

You could then go

Trouba - Johnson
Beauchemin - Barrie
Zadorov - Tyutin

Varlamov
Pickard

I'd highly recommend you never let that deal see the light of day on the trade board. Holy guacamole.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

+ Blake Comeau - 2.4M
+ Carl Soderberg - 4.75M
+ Chris Bigras - 863k
TOTAL 8.013 Cap Hit

Returned:
+ Nikolaj Ehlers 1.594

You could then go

Trouba - Johnson
Beauchemin - Barrie
Zadorov - Tyutin

Varlamov
Pickard

If the Avs want Trouba, Landeskog or Duchene is likely going go have to go the other way.

After so very many "O'Reilly for scraps" threads we endured for 2-3 years, let's not start our own set now.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If the Avs want Trouba, Landeskog or Duchene is likely going go have to go the other way.

After so very many "O'Reilly for scraps" threads we endured for 2-3 years, let's not start our own set now.

The avs didn't get a Landeskog or a Duchene though? Mind you that is a ridiculous proposal.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Defenseman, especially right handers, have a lot more value than forwards right now. Look no further than the Hall-Larsson deal.

The trade where the whole NHL is laughing at the Oilers? Pronger and Phanuef both got traded for returns less than some are thinking it will take for Trouba.

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
The trade where the whole NHL is laughing at the Oilers? Pronger and Phanuef both got traded for returns less than some are thinking it will take for Trouba.

Doesn't matter if the NHL is laughing, the value has been put in place and Winnipeg is going to use that deal as s starting point. The Pronger situation was drastically different and Phanuef had that boat anchor of a contract. What was our ask for Barrie?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Doesn't matter if the NHL is laughing, the value has been put in place and Winnipeg is going to use that deal as s starting point. The Pronger situation was drastically different and Phanuef had that boat anchor of a contract. What was our ask for Barrie?

Larsson is better than Trouba, more proven, wasn't a mall content, has a good contract in place, and Oilers were desperate to make a move for a defenseman. Not a comparable situation in any way, shape or form. And it matters that the NHL is laughing.

Just like Barrie, who showed tons more than Trouba isn't a comparable.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Larsson is better than Trouba, more proven, wasn't a mall content, has a good contract in place, and Oilers were desperate to make a move for a defenseman. Not a comparable situation in any way, shape or form. And it matters that the NHL is laughing.

latest

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015

Actually, Larsson was not any more proven and was a malcontent with the previous coaching staff because of his usage from the get go. Larsson has been in the league longer, but to say he has proven more in laughable. Just like it's laughable to say Barrie has proven more. Barrie has proven to be a gifted offensive d-man that was seeking big money. Trouba is the more complete defenseman with the space to grow. Fact is, young d-men carry more value than forwards. You are entering Maple Leafs territory with your valuation of our players value versus other players.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Actually, Larsson was not any more proven and was a malcontent with the previous coaching staff because of his usage from the get go. Larsson has been in the league longer, but to say he has proven more in laughable. Just like it's laughable to say Barrie has proven more. Barrie has proven to be a gifted offensive d-man that was seeking big money. Trouba is the more complete defenseman with the space to grow. Fact is, young d-men carry more value than forwards. You are entering Maple Leafs territory with your valuation of our players value versus other players.

It's laughable to say that a guy who faced top competition and was a part of one of the better defensive pairings in the entire league is more proven that Trouba? :laugh:

And in what world is Trouba even close to Barrie?

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
It's laughable to say that a guy who faced top competition and was a part of one of the better defensive pairings in the entire league is more proven that Trouba? :laugh:

And in what world is Trouba even close to Barrie?

So by your argument, you say the Hall-Larsson deal is being laughed at by the NHL, yet the Oilers got a top pairing, shut down d-man?

The comparison is this, Barrie needs to improve his leaky d. Trouba needs to take the next step in his offensive game, but plays a reliable d game. Both players are young, valued themselves at a higher price than they have earned, and need to make improvements to their games before commanding top dollar.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Trouba had 3 more points than Larsson last year while being far more sheltered and being a worse defensive player.
The year before Larsson had 2 more points than Trouba
Their games played over those two years are completely even.

I think people are going to be surprised with Larsson's points next year too. Could look a lot better breaking out with a first pass to McDavid instead of Henrique or Cammy. Secondary assists may role in. Plus he already does a tremendous job of shutting down top lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad