Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Bouwmeester is and always has been a solid defenseman, but I'm a bit surprised he's still making Team Canada.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
short tournaments. chemistry with the partner is important. he didn't make the team in vancouver when he was a better player.

of course they (with A-pie) weren't paired together that much but canada is weaker on the left side.

his style of play (and traits) also fits what babcock wants in a defenseman.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Bouwmeester is and always has been a solid defenseman, but I'm a bit surprised he's still making Team Canada.

I was a little surprised too. But then when he got in there and started playing I thought to myself "Has Jay-Bo ever played a bad game with a Canadian jersey on?"

The dude's been lights out every time he's represented his country ever since he's a teenager.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
If he can be more than a #3 then his ceiling is not that of a #3.

What does Vlasic have that Bigras doesn't? Obviously most people don't end up reaching their ultimate potential, but Bigras has the attributes to be just like Vlasic. Elite mind and skating, and quite skilled. That is a wonderful combination. One in which can take a player to the very top defensively.

What are you on about? Who said his ceiling is that of a #3?

What does VlaÅ¡ić have that Bigras doesn't? Elite hockey IQ, insane poke check, nasty streak, best positioning in the game by far etc.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009

What does VlaÅ¡ić have that Bigras doesn't? Elite hockey IQ, insane poke check, nasty streak, best positioning in the game by far etc.

I think he means more of...

What does Vlasic have that Bigras, 100% cannot develop over time?

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

I guess you didn't even bother reading the post I was responding to before you jumped in :shakehead

Besides the nasty streak, you just described what Bigras could potential become. The kid is oozing IQ. And hell, that attitude can be developed as well. It's not like Vlasic is a big guy or even overly physical for his size.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

There's quite a bit of players who have a better skill set than Bigras who will never reach Vlasic's level. It's outlandish to compare the two. And while Bigras is a highly inteligent player he's no Vlasic, and his puck checking is nowhere near his level.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Bigras could end up being a Vlasic level player (I doubt it, but possible), but he won't play much like Pickles. They have some similarities, but they really play different styles.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
There's quite a bit of players who have a better skill set than Bigras who will never reach Vlasic's level. It's outlandish to compare the two. And while Bigras is a highly inteligent player he's no Vlasic, and his puck checking is nowhere near his level.

So you know how everyone is going to develop now? I guess you win. I'm not stubborn enough to argue with someone who knows the future. So where exactly does Bigras peak at? Any other insightful information you can share with the rest of us? Do we ever win another cup or any sort of championship? Any info would be helpful so I don't say anything so outlandish again. Do your powers only work for the Avs? Does Trump win the election? Should I move to Canada now, or is his business mind actually what the country needs despite his character flaws? Seriously, we are buying a house soon and don't want to get stuck somewhere we can't get away from for financial reasons. You could really be saving my ass here.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Well, it's nice to have comparables in terms of style of play and perhaps skill level. I'll admit people can get carried away with it but IMO I don't see that here.

Obviously. That's like half our conversations on here. But if the conversation is because NHL player does XYZ better than prospect then its kind of pointless to keep going. Its basically implied.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
So you know how everyone is going to develop now? I guess you win. I'm not stubborn enough to argue with someone who knows the future. So where exactly does Bigras peak at? Any other insightful information you can share with the rest of us? Do we ever win another cup or any sort of championship? Any info would be helpful so I don't say anything so outlandish again. Do your powers only work for the Avs? Does Trump win the election? Should I move to Canada now, or is his business mind actually what the country needs despite his character flaws? Seriously, we are buying a house soon and don't want to get stuck somewhere we can't get away from for financial reasons. You could really be saving my ass here.

You're right it's reasonable to think he is going to develop into the best defensive D this league has seen for quite a while.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm just very excited about Bigras. He has the hockey IQ and skating ability I love in defensemen. He has pretty good size too and the strength should come with time.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
You're right it's reasonable to think he is going to develop into the best defensive D this league has seen for quite a while.

And how in the world is that what I said? First off, someone's ceiling, someone's potential, that does not equal "is going to develop into". Secondly, I straight up said, "obviously most people don't end up reaching their ultimate potential". Aka, it's unlikely Bigras actually reaches his ultimate potential.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
since we have so many contract spots open, we could get some guys in the waiver wire. like bringing back Agozzino. :laugh:

btw on a side note, could someone enlighten me why Danny Kristo, despite putting solid numbers year after year, never got a chance in the NHL. not even ONE freaking nhl game. I've been wanting the Avs to get him and take a chance for a while, though I have to admit I base this only on stats watching.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
since we have so many contract spots open, we could get some guys in the waiver wire. like bringing back Agozzino. :laugh:

btw on a side note, could someone enlighten me why Danny Kristo, despite putting solid numbers year after year, never got a chance in the NHL. not even ONE freaking nhl game. I've been wanting the Avs to get him and take a chance for a while, though I have to admit I base this only on stats watching.

NYR and St Louis both have a decent amount of depth, and IIRC correctly both haven't been hit too hard with the injury bug (forwards). With that being said, I know nothing about Kristo.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

There were always concerns about his size, but I too thought he'd get at least a handshake though after a pretty impressive WJC performance alongside (I think) Chris Kreider. Hell, that whole USA WJC team in 2010 was pretty awesome. But yeah he's kinda stewed in the minors for a while now, don't know what the deal is.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Let's see...

The best (and basically only) way to compare the two players is by looking at how was Vlasic at Bigras' age.

Vlasic at 21: 2 full seasons in the NHL, 162 games total, 40 points.
Bigras at 21: No full season in the NHL, 31 games total, 3 points.

Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad