Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
What cable do you have?

I have Directv and get both home and away broadcasts.

I think it's the same on Xfinity

I can't deal with Dish, I'd rash brave Comcast's BS than deal with the problems the satellites have during weather, especially rain/wind. The places I've lived lately just have too much of it all year. Hell Florida could be in the 80s and storming with high wind gusts lol.

In Colorado Springs I had Dish back in 2007, and I jacked myself up trying to climb up and break all of the ice off of the damn thing after an ice storm lol.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bobby Mac says the Avs, Bruins, Rangers, and Coyotes are 4 teams that have a very significant interest in Trouba but they don't have the proper fit right now. He thinks unless the ask of a top young LHD changes, this one might drag on for a while.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I hate the new NHL and teams' website layouts. Things are so much more spaced out. So much more scrolling to see any info on each page. Open a page...scroll, scroll, scroll. Open another page...scroll, scroll, scroll again. All I do is scroll now. And pages take longer to load as well. Very poor job.

I still don't know how to find the season schedule and results for a team. When I filter I get five games instead of 82.

I use ESPN for stats now.

spiller19

Sep 23, 2013
Have been really busy the last few weeks and haven't been reading much on here. How have our PTOs looked in camp and do any of them make the team?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Bobby Mac says the Avs, Bruins, Rangers, and Coyotes are 4 teams that have a very significant interest in Trouba but they don't have the proper fit right now. He thinks unless the ask of a top young LHD changes, this one might drag on for a while.

Yea I think it'll drag out too. None of those teams really have what the Jets are looking for. Except the Avs with Bigras. I doubt they trade Z. Then there's the issue of cap space, which seems could only be solved by moving Varly which is super risky right now, or Iggy who doubtfully wants to move at all, let alone right before the season.

Unless the Yotes are willing to part with Chychrun, and the Jets are ok with taking an 18 year old D instead of one similarly aged to Trouba like they're looking for, I could see this going till the trade deadline.

Last edited:

raistlin76

Sep 18, 2004
Cracow
www.nhl.com.pl
Don't think Jets needs Varly as they have Hellebuyck who is their goalie of the future. I think if we want to get Trouba one of Bigras or Zadorov goes other way. I don't think it's something I'd like to see.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Don't think Jets needs Varly as they have Hellebuyck who is their goalie of the future. I think if we want to get Trouba one of Bigras or Zadorov goes other way. I don't think it's something I'd like to see.

Not that I'm a supporter of moving Bigras or Zadorov, but even if we did, we literally do not have the cap space to make the move.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Probably horrible value and obviously fantasy but What about

EDM
Barrie

WPG
RNH + 3rd

AVS
Trouba

With the addition of Larson the oilers could use a puck mover. Draisaitl is going to make the nuge expendable this year.

The Avs move Barrie (although I wouldn't want to because I think he brings a unique presence to the backend)

Avs get Trouba to play the right side. Would be a great partner for Zadorov I think in the future.

The jets get a center to give a one two punch of scheifle RNH.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Avs get worse by swapping Trouba with Barrie. Plus Barrie has a sweetheart contract. Trouba doesn't have a contract.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
If the Avs really want Trouba... we are talking about a deal around Trouba/Duchene or Trouba/Landy.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Mckenzie saying Anaheim are trying to get Lindholm signed in the range of 5-5.4million AAV. Thinks Lindhom is hoping for something in the 6's.

WHY GOD WHY. I wish we had the room to send a ridiculous OS. Not that they ever happen but I'd be perfectly fine giving Lindholm a 7 year deal with the AAV starting with a 7 as well.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Mckenzie saying Anaheim are trying to get Lindholm signed in the range of 5-5.4million AAV. Thinks Lindhom is hoping for something in the 6's.

WHY GOD WHY. I wish we had the room to send a ridiculous OS. Not that they ever happen but I'd be perfectly fine giving Lindholm a 7 year deal with the AAV starting with a 7 as well.

I'm going to guess that Anaheim will give in and give Lindholm 5.75-6m per, but they will jettison Fowler for futures sometime during the first half of the season. That is where the Avs should jump in IMO.

OS don't commonly happen for a reason... It would be better to trade for Lindholm's rights than to sign him to an OS. In that case, the Avs would be dumping enough salary to give room for a ~6m deal.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
If the Avs really want Trouba... we are talking about a deal around Trouba/Duchene or Trouba/Landy.

I don't think so anymore. Did you see Mckenzie answer the question as to why no Hall/Trouba swap happened? He said the Jets feel set down the left side, and so allocating 6 million in cap space to another player for that position wouldn't be wise. That would eliminate Landeskog. Duchene, I suppose could still make sense, but they have Scheifele and Little as centers.

Not to mention a guy sitting out with no contract, who has requested a trade, who also has character and development question marks, isn't going to land a first line player. He will return a ton of value, but it won't be in a one for one.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't think so anymore. Did you see Mckenzie answer the question as to why no Hall/Trouba swap happened? He said the Jets feel set down the left side, and so allocating 6 million in cap space to another player for that position wouldn't be wise. That would eliminate Landeskog. Duchene, I suppose could still make sense, but they have Scheifele and Little as centers.

Not to mention a guy sitting out with no contract, who has requested a trade, who also has character and development question marks, isn't going to land a first line player. He will return a ton of value, but it won't be in a one for one.

My point is there isn't a deal to be made with the assets the Avs have, the only deal is one that favors the Jets significantly and Landy/Duchene fit that mold.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
They might want an equal LD back but who is going to make that trade? If you already have a good young LD presumably under contract then why trade for an unsigned guy? I don't think anyone is that desperate for righties.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Trading Trouba within our division, they are going to ask for the moon. I think we should stay away, I also don't want to face the player we would be trading 8x(?) a year, whomever it would be.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I wonder if Boston makes a run at Trouba... A Krug + swap for Trouba makes some sense.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Someone on NHL Radio said it's gonna be highly unlikely teams opt for any trade that isn't 1-for-1 because of the upcoming expansion draft. So Winnipeg likely won't go for any 2-for-1 because they might not be able to protect said player in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad