Speculation: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This is from 30 thoughts on Ken Holland. Isn't this "respect" thing getting absurd. No other sport does it to the lengths hockey does.

Every other sport has a longer history of the players being individuals, and players valuing money over loyalty. Hockey has a bigger connection to it's roots, and the team aspect. That's why respect is valued higher by both the players and management.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
I don't know.. I think when it's one or two guys who have been with your franchise for a long time. You should make some efforts there.

However mercenaries like FB, Stuart and Iginla who are trying to get that extra year or two at all costs from whatever team will give it to them? lmao no

Although they should have just suspended Datsyuk. What does he care if hes never coming back? And why the hell should the franchise lose assets to "Honor" a players wish to jump ship like that? That move was ********.

I agree with your first two comments.

I kind of like the "code" kind of stuff that goes on in hockey. It seems like a more extended battle for the length of the season and playoffs to me than other sports for some reason.

Though, like you said, there is no reason to honor complete money grabs either.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Almost thought I clicked on the Mock thread, but I quickly realized we don't discuss trades that horrendous there either.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
Why though?

and this is coming from a die-hard Canucks fan.

Avs get one of the best defensive d-men in the league, under a good contract, long term. Canucks get a top end young scoring Centre.

I assume it's pretty unanimous that this is a severe underpayment for NM. What would it honestly take?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I don't know.. I think when it's one or two guys who have been with your franchise for a long time. You should make some efforts there.

However mercenaries like FB, Stuart and Iginla who are trying to get that extra year or two at all costs from whatever team will give it to them? lmao no

Although they should have just suspended Datsyuk. What does he care if hes never coming back? And why the hell should the franchise lose assets to "Honor" a players wish to jump ship like that? That move was ********.

the cap hit would've stayed on their books, no matter what. they didn't lose assets either. i think it's pretty clear they weren't that high on chychrun like much of the league. which doesn't look good on those right now.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Avs get one of the best defensive d-men in the league, under a good contract, long term. Canucks get a top end young scoring Centre.

I assume it's pretty unanimous that this is a severe underpayment for NM. What would it honestly take?

Let's just say, Vancouver would be making a pitch for Duchene, not MacKinnon.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
If the offer for duchene is not good keep him. Our top 9 next season will be interesting.

Andrighettho Mckinnon Rantanen
Landeskog Duchene Tj oshie or 1oa 2017
Jost Compher Greer
Nieto soderberg comeau

In defence sign one LD top 4
And wille be better

Zadorov Jonhson
Alzner Barrie
Barberio Mironov or Lindholm
Bigras

The energy of the young will be interesting .

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Come on, those two guys know they are much closer to winning a Cup in Denver than in Washington. No brainer. Welcome, Karl and TJ.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
It's a well known fact that the two or 3 best UFA's are Avalanche bound around this time every year. Remember when Suter/EJ was going to be a terrific pairing?

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
I prefer overpaid Alzner (6 y 5M)and Oshie(5y 6M) than trade Duchene now because his value is so bad .

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
And washington is a perfect team who never win something. I 'm sure Avs win a stanley cup before them

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
If Minnesota had acknowledged that they were a rebuilding team and had continued to accumulate high picks and futures instead of signing Parise & Suter pre-maturely then they'd have a better outlook going forward instead of where they are now. They still have good young players but they don't align with Suter/Parise/Koivu in age.

Parise & Suter were better back then than Oshie & Alzner are now so signing Oshie & Alzner at this point would just be idiotic. Maybe it'll get us a playoff spot with a new coach and high pick and whatnot but we'll just be another team in mediocrity.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If Minnesota had acknowledged that they were a rebuilding team and had continued to accumulate high picks and futures instead of signing Parise & Suter pre-maturely then they'd have a better outlook going forward instead of where they are now. They still have good young players but they don't align with Suter/Parise/Koivu in age.

Parise & Suter were better back then than Oshie & Alzner are now so signing Oshie & Alzner at this point would just be idiotic. Maybe it'll get us a playoff spot with a new coach and high pick and whatnot but we'll just be another team in mediocrity.

I don't question them signing Suter but I think signing Parise was a mistake. I also believe the duration of their contracts will cripple that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad