Confirmed with Link: Avs acquire G Kevin Mandolose + 2026 7th from Ottawa for 2026 6th

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I love the Avs Facebook. I checked the comments on this and people are like "I love that we're adding options and strengthening the goalie position". Oh yeah, the organization with previously no AHL goaltenders added an AHL backup and you love it? Great!

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I love the Avs Facebook. I checked the comments on this and people are like "I love that we're adding options and strengthening the goalie position". Oh yeah, the organization with previously no AHL goaltenders added an AHL backup and you love it? Great!
To be fair, the Avs did have three AHL level goalies last season between Georgiev, Annunen and Prosvetov. One could argue Holm was/is one as well. The just have two of them now in the NHL and allowed the other two to walk without a fight. They sort of need restocking but what they should do is get an NHL goaltender and move everyone else down to their actual level of performance or trade them.

Reactions: Frenchy

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
To be fair, the Avs did have three AHL level goalies last season between Georgiev, Annunen and Prosvetov. One could argue Holm was/is one as well. The just have two of them now in the NHL and allowed the other two to walk without a fight. They sort of need restocking but what they should do is get an NHL goaltender and move everyone else down to their actual level of performance or trade them.
The comment section is always like "This AHL backup could be an NHL starter" or "Could Parker Kelly be an option for 2C".

Hey. No.

Snow Arc

Genetically engineered to want to be eaten
Aug 14, 2020
Yeah, the first season or two was absolutely a wild and mostly fun ride. But then the Mandalorian became a side-kick in his own damn TV show but the star of the Bobba Fett show. Disney literally has no clue how to tell a cohesive story. The only thing they haven't completely messed up were the cartoon series, but even many of those have retconned the history of characters I grew up with (Thrawn) after Disney declared him part of an unofficial never happened universe. Instead of allowing Thrawn to just disappear in dignity and remain such a wonderfully complex character in my memory, they tarnished all that by reusing him in a different context and with a character that turned out to be a hollow shell of the original in regard to complexion and even motivations.

As for Bo, the biggest thing I liked about her was that when Mando first met her group and refused to take his helmet off, they were all like... Oh, you're that type of Mandalorian. Basically showing that his beliefs were not really that common anymore and he was more or less in a fringe, religious Mandalor cult dedicated to staying in a past that most had moved beyond.
And now the news! Star Wars sucks. Film at eleven.
star-trek-worf (1).gif

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I legitimately do, it was a bad day in board history. He didn't subscribe to the "everything is burning, always" schtick and got chased away by those who do. Absolutely wack.
I mean there has to be a middle ground right? He was so far on the other end I sometimes wonder if he even believes in half the stuff he says.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Why is it that Disney can only do a decent job of Star Wars when the audience already knows the ending. (Rogue One and Andor).
I’m also one of the very few people who thought Solo was quite good. I still have a lot of problems with Rogue One but I agree that one was enjoyable.

I’m mostly fine with Mando, certainly has its flaws and this last season had one absolutely BRUTAL episode. Like Star Trek, there are some amazing highs and some really bad lows. I just try and move on quickly from the bad stuff or just avoid it entirely if I can.

Reactions: Avsrule2022

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I’m also one of the very few people who thought Solo was quite good. I still have a lot of problems with Rogue One but I agree that one was enjoyable.

I’m mostly fine with Mando, certainly has its flaws and this last season had one absolutely BRUTAL episode. Like Star Trek, there are some amazing highs and some really bad lows. I just try and move on quickly from the bad stuff or just avoid it entirely if I can.
You are definitely right about Solo, can't believe I forgot it when compiling what I've liked about it. It might have been the closest to either A New Hope or Return of the Jedi in that it was a fun romp. It wasn't self-aware, but it certainly didn't take itself too seriously either. The one big box that Lucas first trilogy ticked was fun. I could also feel Solo's attempt, and mostly success, at recapturing the original series sense of wonder/spectacle.. it felt genuine and not forced or manipulative.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
You are definitely right about Solo, can't believe I forgot it when compiling what I've liked about it. It might have been the closest to either A New Hope or Return of the Jedi in that it was a fun romp. It wasn't self-aware, but it certainly didn't take itself too seriously either. The one big box that Lucas first trilogy ticked was fun. I could also feel Solo's attempt, and mostly success, at recapturing the original series sense of wonder/spectacle.. it felt genuine and not forced or manipulative.
Not a coincidence IMO the best SW films (the original trilogy and Solo) were all written by Lawrence Kasdan. He politely opted out of doing the prequels with Lucas, and that was a huge mistake.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Not a coincidence IMO the best SW films (the original trilogy and Solo) were all written by Lawrence Kasdan. He politely opted out of doing the prequels with Lucas, and that was a huge mistake.

Yeah, In the original trilogy George only wrote and directed A New Hope. Lawrence Kasdan wrote and directed Empire Strikes Back and co-wrote Revenge Return of the Jedi with George, while Richard Marquand directed it. Marcia Lucas was his editor and helped the others tremendously in keeping George's worst tendencies in check.

By the time the prequel series was ready to get under way, he had divorced Marcia, and she was no longer a part of the picture. Then to compound the issue he went and wrote and directed everything himself. I think you can distinctly feel a completely different tone between each of the three series. I absolutely loved the OT, and really wanted to love the prequel trilogy and for the most part did. I didn't like them nearly as much as the OT, but I did not hate on them like many others. That wouldn't come until Disney took over.

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012

Best part of solo was Donald Glover. Dude was born to play Lando.

Which episode of mandalorian did you think was brutal? I remember there being a few that didn't catch my attention but I don't remember ever walking away thinking an episode was awful.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Best part of solo was Donald Glover. Dude was born to play Lando.

Which episode of mandalorian did you think was brutal? I remember there being a few that didn't catch my attention but I don't remember ever walking away thinking an episode was awful.
Ironically it was the one with the most high-profile guest stars--Jack Black, Lizzo, and Christopher Lloyd. The plot centered around droids going rogue and what not, the concept wasn't that bad but the execution was just horrid. Doc Brown deserves better than that. That's the only one I truly disliked. The rest seemed to follow the usual plot of "Oh, you want something, Mando? Okay, do this one job for me and it's yours!" pretty well.

Book of Boba Fett and Obi Wan have been pretty meh. I really thought Obi Wan was just unnecessary. They need to move on from Darth Vader, the fact that they're going to try to keep the character going by using AI instead of James Earl Jones is just f***ing lame.

Ahsoka has been okay, though I felt like you had to have watched "Rebels" in order to really be invested, and I didn't. Also, the best character in the whole series was played by Ray Stevenson, and he's dead, so I don't know what they're gonna do there.

Apparently Dave Filoni wants to wrap everything up with a big crossover film, guess we'll see what happens.

• Haha
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
They have really attacked the goaltender position with a lot of low-end options.

It feels like they’re just throwing a bunch of darts and hoping one connects in the future.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Some Sens fans think he was better than Sogaard. I guess that’s something…

They have really attacked the goaltender position with a lot of low-end options.

It feels like they’re just throwing a bunch of darts and hoping one connects in the future.
I remember thinking we nailed it with Pickard and Aittokallio. You just never know with Goalies.

Reactions: NorthernAvsFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad