OT - NO POLITICS Autumn edition- foliage, cider doughnuts & pumpkin everything.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED GIRL DAD
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Please vote ...

Im one of many people who like neither choice. Local elections are more important anyways supposedly.

Found these at the surplus store today. a buck fitty a box.

View attachment 918013
Ma always had these when I was a wee lad, she'd make me a cup of weak tea to which I'd add five shots of Carnation canned milk and ten teaspoons of sugar to and with a plate of these it was a feast to a five year old. And as with most things in life either the Boston Bruins or Three Stooges can be tied in with. (May have to activate the volume)

They sell them at Costco I believe

Acie

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2019
Southern Ontario
il_570xN.6000649590_ouka.jpg

Reactions: Troublesome 85

BB79

Partially deceased
Apr 30, 2011
Im one of many people who like neither choice. Local elections are more important anyways supposedly.
Same. Haven't been motivated to vote in years. I really don't see it mattering much anymore. Pols all lie, cheat, break the law, take advantage of tax loopholes. I wouldn't trust them to ring a register at a gas station forget about run my country.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It seems we may need some questions for fun. Halloween is fast approaching, so that's the theme.

1) What is the best Halloween costume you ever wore, as a kid or as an adult?

2) Name your favourite Halloween candy and one that you hate.

3) Do you get kids on trick or treat night, how many, what do you give out if you do?

4) Have you ever played tricks on the kids that come?

5) Do you carve a pumpkin, if so, how elaborate? There is nothing so spooky as a lit pumpkin, flickering, on Halloween night!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
It seems we may need some questions for fun. Halloween is fast approaching, so that's the theme.

3) Do you get kids on trick or treat night, how many, what do you give out if you do?

5) Do you carve a pumpkin, if so, how elaborate? There is nothing so spooky as a lit pumpkin, flickering, on Halloween night!
1. a bunny rabbit. I haven't been to many as an adult but last time went as a witch (myself)

2. Love frozen milky ways. I don't care for candy corn

3. I live in a very safe neighborhood. The first year I moved here I bought 100 candy bars....we had 300 kids because many drive here and drop off their kids.

4 .no

5. My Mom always carved the classic jack-o-lantern. In her honor I do the same. Nothing fancy just the classic.
1729254184430.png

• Love
Reactions: caz16

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

None I can remember.

Candy corn hate it. I like Milky Ways.

25 or so. Not as many as years ago.

Nope

Nope. The Bride and kids used to though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladyfan and caz16

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston

1) I wasn’t much into Halloween after age 9 - I was tall for my age, and one person told me I was too old for Halloween so I stopped participating. I was Darth Vader one year, so that was fun.

2) Reese’s PB cups will always be my favorite, and Good & Plenty my least favorite because I detest licorice flavored things.

3) We don’t get any kids here since we don’t have sidewalks. Now that we have our daughter I need to figure out where to take her when she wants to go.

4) Never been one for tricks, just giving out handfuls of sugary magic.

5) I don’t have pumpkins out because we have an abundance of wildlife here so it wouldn’t last.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
i’ve been in denver approximately 14 hours and am counting down the minutes to my flight in 6 hours. place stinks figuratively and literally.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

1) A 90s yearbook photo in my early 20s

IMG_0043.jpeg

2) Fave is Reese’s. Forever and always. Mounds are trash.

3) We don’t, and I hate it. We live on a really big hill so only the bravest few make the trek. Trunk or treat events have also put a huge damper on neighborhood trick or treating. I love seeing all the little ones dressed up and wished we lived in a better Halloween neighborhood.

4) Nope

5) When I was a kid, we’d always pick out a huge pumpkin and carve it, put it on a table outside with dry ice, play spooky music, the whole bit. 80s and 90s Halloween was the best.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

1. As an adult I went to a Halloween party dressed as Leatherface from "The Texas Chain Saw Massacre" complete with chain saw & red wood stain all over my clothes.

2. Three Musketeers. Anything with licorice in it

3. No, everyone goes to Halloween parties now.

4. Yes. One year we set up a plastic spider on the storm door, whenever someone opened it to knock it fell down & scared the absolute shit out of them.

5. No.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED GIRL DAD
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Pre-ordered this for my daughters 22nd birthday next week. Just wont be delivered for a few weeks. Ill be getting her more tho. Dad has a better job and no longer has an anchor weighing him down and can actually do things for them now.

Attachments

• IMG_4329.jpeg
    IMG_4329.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 1

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena

1) I was a ref with sunglasses and a walking stick aka bling ref, it was a big hit.

2) Nutragious, not sure if they still make it. I don't like any of the hypoallergenic non-chocolate candy

3) We get some but leave early to go to the center of town which has the school, library, fire station. There is a candy drive for the houses in the neighborhood because they get slammed.

4) Previous house had alot of trick or treaters. I had a bag of candy and a bag of raisins. You needed to say trick or treat to get the candy. Those who just stuck their bag out got raisins.

5) I have 0.0 artistic skills so I usually do the triangle noses and eyes, the mouth usually looks bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad