Austin Watson fires a slapshot at Jeremy Lauzon at the end of the game

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I just watched the Oilers beat the Canes 6-1, do you think the Canes skated up to the redline and wired a slap shot at Skinner with 3 seconds left?

Watson knew what he was doing and he's gonna lose a few K for it.
Because it didn’t happen in one game means it didn’t happen in this instance?

I guaranty he will not be fined because hockey people understand it was a hockey play. Even if a pointless one.

Edit: just read down and saw he was fined. Still don’t get it.

bov

Nov 13, 2010

I guaranty he will not be fined because hockey people understand it was a hockey play. Even if a pointless one.

It's not a hockey play at all and that's why everyone on the ice reacted immediately. Even Motte went over to Lauzon to check on him. This was a blatant, antagonistic and unnecessary thing to do.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
giphy.gif

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
It's not a hockey play at all and that's why everyone on the ice reacted immediately. Even Motte went over to Lauzon to check on him. This was a blatant, antagonistic and unnecessary thing to do.
1000%.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

That was not a hockey play. He was looking straight at Lauzon and fired it into his skates. 100% intent to injure.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Preds fans well-familiar with Watson know hitting Lauzon wasn't intentional--Austin wouldn't have come close had he actually been trying to do that. Dumb, high frustration, low awareness play. But a fine deserved.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Not quite as egregious as when Alfredsson fired one at Scott Niedermayer.
Wasn't that one tipped? Alfredsson had a stick in front of him, Watson had nothing.

This video is ass but it's always looked to me like the RD pushes his stick in there and ramps the puck

it's also the second period in a tied game where getting a shot off could actually matter, not the end of a beatdown.

JoVel

Jan 23, 2017
I don't know if he did that on purpose, that would be incredibly stupid. But then again doing that accidentally is pretty stupid as well. Either way, Austin Watson is really stupid.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Above is a perfect example of how soft today's society is.

"That wasn't violent"

So afraid of it, they pretend it didn't happen
Uh hu. Let me guess, you hold the protest signs that say "Words are violence", right?

But yeah, no you're totally right! "Oh no...a guy got hit by a puck in hockey. I'm scared! What do we do!? Ummm! Ummm! Pretend he didn't!"

Like, WTF are you even saying?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
He's a piece of shit. Also if he was intentionally able to hit where he was aiming he would be making a lot more money so I am not sure he meant to do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad