Austin Watson fires a slapshot at Jeremy Lauzon at the end of the game

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
If the puck had missed the Nashville player, where do you think it would have ended up?
Who cares? Why even take the shot? Skate around behind your net and let time run out.
He's a pissy bitch and this proves it.

ALMOST LIKE SOMEONE PREDICTED THIS
You could hit him with an unsportsmanlike move with intention to injure.
:cool:

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
If the puck had missed the Nashville player, where do you think it would have ended up?
There are exactly 0.8 seconds left in regulation time, at the time the puck was released.

You tell me ? That puck makes it on net from his own end in regulation time, in 0.8 seconds ?

On top of that it's a 5-1 game, somehow if that puck traveled to the net in 0.8 seconds and went in, somehow, it's a 5-2 game.

Attachments

• 123.png
    123.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: wraithsonwings

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I watched the video and thought "Whistle hasn't blown. Why shouldn't Watson go for a shot at the end of the period?" Then I saw it was the 3rd period and the score was 5 -1. What are you even doing here?

There's no doubt that this is an accident but it's an unnecessary accident.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
There are exactly 0.8 seconds left in regulation time, at the time the puck was released.

You tell me ? That puck makes it on net from his own end in regulation time, in 0.8 seconds ?

On top of that it's a 5-1 game, somehow if that puck traveled to the net in 0.8 seconds and went in, somehow, it's a 5-2 game.
It definitely makes it down before the horn. The clock seemed off from when the horn blew. Unsure if it matched the actual game clock. But again, to your point, totally unnecessary to even do it.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Watson has always been a f***ing moron. Same vein as nick cousins, radko gudas, and tootoo. As strong as they are stupid

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011

It is ironic that guy calling other posters obtuse used that many words to avoid answering the question.

The answer is “the net”. Players take Hail Mary shots in the dying seconds with regularity, even in instances where a goal would not change the outcome of the game.

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
All this because his drunken belligerent wife was going nuts and got them kicked out of a party and he tried putting her inside the car to calm her down? This is a nothing burger just like that “domestic abuse” which she vehemently opposes happened

Neither of them said that it didn't happen. They both owned up to their mistakes and took steps to better their lives together.

Reactions: Korpse

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
It is ironic that guy calling other posters obtuse used that many words to avoid answering the question.

The answer is “the net”. Players take Hail Mary shots in the dying seconds with regularity, even in instances where a goal would not change the outcome of the game.
I just watched the Oilers beat the Canes 6-1, do you think the Canes skated up to the redline and wired a slap shot at Skinner with 3 seconds left?

Watson knew what he was doing and he's gonna lose a few K for it.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
To quote my own post:

he was just being stupid and frustrated

Edit...Post above this one explains nicely
Why shouldn't he be disciplined for that? Guys throw stupid hits and frustrated hits all the time. Throwing a hit because youre frustrated and screwing it up and injurying someone results in suspension.

Taking a dumbass slapshot at the end of a blowout because your frustrated and injuring someone should also result in suspension. You should be responsible for your own actions on the ice, there's no reason to do that. If you can't control yourself I have trouble seeing why you should get off scot free.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

Think you're confusing me for someone else, I never called anyone obtuse.

There is clearly an opposing player in front of him, the game is completely out of reach, literally less than 1 second left in playing time.

NFL teams don't take a chance on a hail mary when there is less than 1 second left and they're losing by 9+ points. Horrible comparison. Players don't take hail mary shots from their own blue line with under a second left when losing by multiple goals. Crazy that there's some people actually trying to defend this lol.

If that was Kadri shooting the puck at McDavid, this thread would sound very different.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
the worst part of it is that after he took the shot and saw that he hurt Lauzon he tries to skedaddles to the bench and and get off the ice. I can only think he meant to hit him cause any other hockey player would have quickly gone to Lauzon and apologized and checked on him.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Is there some rule that if you're down 5-1 and have 1 second left, you can't shoot at goal?
Lot of things you can't do under the "unsportsmanlike" rule.

Does it say you can't skate by the opposing players bench and call them homosexual slurs during the anthem? So I guess you can because it's not an official rule anywhere?

bov

Nov 13, 2010
On brand for a Cooper team

They throw violent, dirty tantrums whenever they’re losing
Cooper specifically called out Evan Bouchard last year for doing the same thing, guarantee he was not pleased with Watson for that.

I'm fine with a suspension here. Don't really care if it was on purpose or not (Lauzon did just take a run at someone a few minutes prior in a 5-1 game, so it's possible this was retribution). At the very least, it's reckless and unnecessary , caused an injury.

Clown shit from Watson, that's twice already this season he's done things you just shouldn't do. The other was when he went to Carolina's side of center in pregame warmup to "intimidate" Bunting. I wish this guy would focus more on being an effective player for the team, because he can actually be a pretty decent 4th liner at times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad