OT - NO POLITICS August edition - The summer wind came blowin' in……

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm hot just looking at Coco's coat of fur. :laugh:
I can't speak to the type of hair Coco has, but my dog (a Sheltie) has a thick double coat and the outer coat protects and insulates them from the sun and heat. People always say he must be hot and give unsolicited suggestions that I cut or shave him in the summer but that would be more harmful than helpful.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I can't speak to the type of hair Coco has, but my dog (a Sheltie) has a thick double coat and the outer coat protects and insulates them from the sun and heat. People always say he must be hot and give unsolicited suggestions that I cut or shave him in the summer but that would be more harmful than helpful.
I know I understand that, it just looks hot. Otherwise I would have said "coco must be hot". . .

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
IMG_1463.jpeg

my friend i made in alaska a few years ago. 10/10 highly recommend.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
We always get balcony room / suite. Alaska is on our bucket list.
I have been on 4 cruises.

1. Western Caribbean 10 day on Celebrity cruise line.
2. Eastern Caribbean 10 day on Princess
3. Greek Island cruise starting in Venice 12 day on Royal Caribbean.
4. Alaska with 3-day pre cruise (total 10 day) on Celebrity.

Celebrity was my favorite cruise line and Alaska my favorite cruise.

I will soon be on my 14th "cruise" on the Schooner Heritage off the Maine coast. It is VERY different from the big cruises.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Me too.

Inquired, but it seems Canada wants you to bring something to the table if you wish to reside there.
If you want to work there you need proof that they need your skill over a citizen of Canada. My older sis and I were looking into this in 2016. Both of us are retired. My Dad was born in Halifax NS.

Most people can stay in Canada for up to six months with a simple visitor visa, which is also known as a temporary resident visa. However, holders of this visa cannot work or study in Canada.

To stay longer than six months, you can request a visitor record, which will give you a new expiration date by which you need to leave Canada. But getting this document that allows you to stay longer as a visitor, as well as how long you can stay, depends on the purpose of your stay and other variables.

If you're considering a more permanent move, you'll want to apply for permanent resident status. While permanent residents can work, study, and have healthcare in Canada, unlike citizens, they can't vote, run for office, or get certain jobs with high-security clearance.

To expedite the process, you can apply express if you're a skilled worker, through a family sponsorship if you have Canadian relatives, with a start-up visa if you plan on starting a business, or through specific Canadian provinces and territories, among other options.

You can find out if you're eligible to become a permanent resident, as well as which option is best for you, through the Canadian government's immigration website.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I broke my skates from high school this AM at pickup hockey. First thought was I'd buy new ones at the sweet Bauer store in Burlington that has a rink to try them out but it looks like its closed/relocateing and I'm not going to make the decision to either pay through the nose for higher end ones or if the lower end are ok. But regardless the insane cost of new skates is so high that I wnated the rink to try them no risk no new skates.

So my thoughts now are to buy some game used Bruins skates. I think McAvoys will fit well but are $1000. Tomas Noseks might be a little better 1/2 down and are cheaper. Anyone think they negotiate and will give a discount? Going in next week for the WNBA game.

• Wow
Reactions: GordonHowe and BMC

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I broke my skates from high school this AM at pickup hockey. First thought was I'd buy new ones at the sweet Bauer store in Burlington that has a rink to try them out but it looks like its closed/relocateing and I'm not going to make the decision to either pay through the nose for higher end ones or if the lower end are ok. But regardless the insane cost of new skates is so high that I wnated the rink to try them no risk no new skates.

So my thoughts now are to buy some game used Bruins skates. I think McAvoys will fit well but are $1000. Tomas Noseks might be a little better 1/2 down and are cheaper. Anyone think they negotiate and will give a discount? Going in next week for the WNBA game.
Where is this at? If it's the garden pro shop, I doubt it. A random Slick Rick's Memorabilia store, absolutely talk turkey with them

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Where is this at? If it's the garden pro shop, I doubt it. A random Slick Rick's Memorabilia store, absolutely talk turkey with them
Yeah. I saw some Morgan Geekie pro stock unused skates made just for him on sideline swap. Gonna try and get them cheap they were for his Carolina days so old model at this point.

Wonder how extreme the torture of breaking in skates intended for an NHL player will be might take a couple years lol.

• Haha
Reactions: TD Charlie

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

i got some on ebay for $80

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
taking a few weeks off from work, it`s been nothing but stress/anxiety inducing since my performance review, boss doesn`t even look me in the eye or have an adult conversation, my HR colleagues the same.

Mental health suffering so I got in touch with a therapist and start things up Monday, just feeling off but looking forward to getting healthier. No job is worth sacrificing mental health

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
taking a few weeks off from work, it`s been nothing but stress/anxiety inducing since my performance review, boss doesn`t even look me in the eye or have an adult conversation, my HR colleagues the same.

Mental health suffering so I got in touch with a therapist and start things up Monday, just feeling off but looking forward to getting healthier. No job is worth sacrificing mental health

Thats sucks Andrew. Hang in there.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
i got some on ebay for $80
The ones I had were the most expensive and top of the line at the time I think being heavy is good enough justification for top of the line gear even if I can’t skate fast lol.

Scheduled a delivery of heating oil so I can shower for 9am. Don’t really pay attention in the summer noticed when my wife complained lol. My oil dudes still aren’t here. I can’t focus on work smelling like hockey and my dog is angry she hasn’t had a walk. These guys have saved me in the winter so many times bc I can’t reset the heater myself and run out pretty regularly I can’t be that mad but this sucks it’s almost noon.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA

Sorry to hear this, Andrew. You deserve much better from an employer. Hopefully a better opportunity will come along.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA

I had my high school skates into my 30s and then one of them broke. I've been through more pairs than I'd like to count. I always buy cheaper skates and bake them. After my foot surgery my foot is just completely uncomfortable so I'm thinking of breaking down and buying a better pair with a wider boot. I just have a hard time justifying spending the dough. I can afford it, but my game is marginal at best and it kills me to spend alot on hockey equipment for myself.

Reactions: GordonHowe

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario

My mental health and your mental health should get together and go bowling

**opportunistic yet accurate John Bender/Breakfast Club analogy/reference

Reactions: GordonHowe and BMC

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Good luck and I hope things improve soon

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I had my high school skates into my 30s and then one of them broke. I've been through more pairs than I'd like to count. I always buy cheaper skates and bake them. After my foot surgery my foot is just completely uncomfortable so I'm thinking of breaking down and buying a better pair with a wider boot. I just have a hard time justifying spending the dough. I can afford it, but my game is marginal at best and it kills me to spend alot on hockey equipment for myself.

As someone who has foot issues I can tell you it is definitely worth it health wise to pay more for shoes, boots etc. The fit is simply better as is the support for your feet and by extension the rest of your body.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad