PTO: [TOR] F Max Pacioretty signs PTO with the Maple Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BlackAdam

May 5, 2013
Patches was absolutely abysmal in Washington. Guy looks done but I'd still play him over Ryan Reaves

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Pacioretty's strength was clearly his straight line skating.

He had a powerful stride and was a master at making opposite defensemen forget him, to then receive a pass at full speed and attack the enemy net.

That's it. Much of Paccioretty's success was due to his freakish athletic abilities and now that his body's letting him down his on-ice results have cratered.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't think some realise how good Mcmann looked last year. He could put up 20+ goals this season playing on the 3rd line and getting no PP time. He was exactly what the Leafs were missing in the playoffs.

Exactly, now I will admit, I'm not sure where everyone is going to fit with Pacioretty coming in.

BUT I GUARANTEE as long as Mcmann is healthy he's not a spare.

Reactions: Bust

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I feel like he's going to be in and out of the lineup. Probably brought in for his character.

Like Laine, list me the centers Patch has played with in his NHL career so far? List is not impressive. He's going to get more scoring chances and points with either of Matthews or Tavares and he is a responsible 200' player too. I don't think you are signing him for his character

He's aging and not trending well but this is worth the signing if it's less than $1M. Doesn't work? Contract gets buried in the AHL with no NHL cap hit. If it works, he puts up 60-80 pts because he is surrounded by talent.

Reactions: Roo

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Like Laine, list me the centers Patch has played with in his NHL career so far? List is not impressive. He's going to get more scoring chances and points with either of Matthews or Tavares and he is a responsible 200' player too. I don't think you are signing him for his character

He's aging and not trending well but this is worth the signing if it's less than $1M. Doesn't work? Contract gets buried in the AHL with no NHL cap hit. If it works, he puts up 60-80 pts because he is surrounded by talent.

I don't think anyone is expecting 60-80 points, I think you might have some people hoping for 40 points which would be great if he got even that.

I suspect the top 9 will be

Knies Matthews Marner

Robertson Tavares Nylander

Pacioretty Domi Mcmann.

I don't like Domi as a center but he can do it and honestly if Pacioretty can somewhat bounce back that top 9 doesn't look to bad.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't think anyone is expecting 60-80 points, I think you might have some people hoping for 40 points which would be great if he got even that.

I suspect the top 9 will be

Knies Matthews Marner

Robertson Tavares Nylander

Pacioretty Domi Mcmann.

I don't like Domi as a center but he can do it and honestly if Pacioretty can somewhat bounce back that top 9 doesn't look to bad.

You are using the word "expecting", not me. I said there could be a chance he puts up 60-80 if he plays top 6 all year with the Leafs. Not those exact words but that's how it should have been comprehended.

Robertson does not have that top 6 spot nailed down. Patch will get a shot at that top 6 LW. Or he plays with Domi on the 3rd line. Could work. There are many different outcomes that can happen and it's low risks if the contract is $1M.

I don't hate or like Patch. I know his game very well and I also know he has not played with too many legit top 2C's in his career. Same with Laine... I expect more because he will get a shot with Suzuki or Dach.

I think this would be a good move by the Leafs.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You are using the word "expecting", not me. I said there could be a chance he puts up 60-80 if he plays top 6 all year with the Leafs. Not those exact words but that's how it should have been comprehended.

Robertson does not have that top 6 spot nailed down. Patch will get a shot at that top 6 LW. Or he plays with Domi on the 3rd line. Could work. There are many different outcomes that can happen and it's low risks if the contract is $1M.

I don't hate or like Patch. I know his game very well and I also know he has not played with too many legit top 2C's in his career. Same with Laine... I expect more because he will get a shot with Suzuki or Dach.

I think this would be a good move by the Leafs.

no, Robertson certainly does not have that top 6 spot nailed down but I do think he will get a look there.

But if Pacioretty can take that spot I'd be good with that too.

Regardless of where he ends up though what's really important will be his ability to provide depth scoring in the playoffs because that's been an issue.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
You are using the word "expecting", not me. I said there could be a chance he puts up 60-80 if he plays top 6 all year with the Leafs.

This is an absolutely absurd claim. You can't be serious.

Max Paccioretty has never posted 70-points in a season, and you think there's a chance next year he could score 80? He turns 36 in a month and he's played 132 games combined over the last four seasons spread over three different teams, but you think there's a chance he's going to hit his career high next year?

This is ridiculous.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Everyone can see that Toronto has some LW spots up for grabs on the roster. So there's a clear reason why the player would be interested. Smart move for Patches to go to a team where he has a chance to land in the top 6 with linemates that Toronto could give him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad