Atlantic Standings Predictions Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
I mean, how many goalie situations in this league aren't a gamble?

Question marks in net are the norm, not the exception.

The bar to exceed at this point, is last year's goaltending, which was the worst in the entire league in terms of expected goals against differential.
For sure and they looked poised for improvement. This was just in response to the quote about Ottawa having a "fully proven" goaltender.

Semantics aside, I 100% agree that they should be in a much better situation than last year between the pipes. To what degree, depends on if Ullmark can handle a full starters workload with similar success to his time in a Tandem with Boston.

Reactions: NyQuil

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
For sure and they looked poised for improvement. This was just in response to the quote about Ottawa having a "fully proven" goaltender.

Semantics aside, I 100% agree that they should be in a much better situation than last year between the pipes. To what degree, depends on if Ullmark can handle a full starters workload with similar success to his time in a Tandem with Boston.
Well than you must be really concerned for your goaltending if a recent Vezina winner isn’t fully proven yet.

Reactions: Sens9292

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Well than you must be really concerned for your goaltending if a recent Vezina winner isn’t fully proven yet.
Are you just glancing at my post and lunging to make a comment?

I've already addressed that most of the Atlantic (including the Leafs) have question marks in goaltending and that my question isn't Ullmark's talent.

He's played more than 41 games once in his career (49). I'm assuming Ottawa would prefer if he is able to play close to 60 games which is a legitimate concern/question if he can do that without a decrease in productivity or injury. If he only plays 40 games, then Forsberg playing 40 is probably a concern unless he rebounds.

For the Leafs, I'm a fan of both of our goalies and believe theyre both talented. Their durability and capability of sustaining quality play for a whole season is a HUGE question mark.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Your google-fu is weak, chucklenuts...

1724171884437.png

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
He's played more than 41 games once in his career (49). I'm assuming Ottawa would prefer if he is able to play close to 60 games which is a legitimate concern/question if he can do that without a decrease in productivity or injury. If he only plays 40 games, then Forsberg playing 40 is probably a concern unless he rebounds.
Yet Stolarz and Woll have 28/25 games as a season high lol, you must be quite concerned.

• Haha
Reactions: Sens9292 and Sting

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Yet Stolarz and Woll have 28/25 games as a season high lol, you must be quite concerned.
You seriously edited out my comment about the Leafs tandem in your response?

This isn't me pumping up the Leafs and dragging on the Sens. It's just an obvious fact that I've stated about Ullmark. I haven't even said he'll be bad or anything like that.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
It's just an obvious fact that I've stated about Ullmark.
And thats what I did with Stolarz and Woll, 28/25 games as their career high in GP, reason to be concerned.
you’re not coping well with a rebuttal, other than ya buts.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
1. Bruins ( nice add's)
2. Sabre's ( finally will put it together)
3. Panther's ( Still solid core )
4. Lightning (tweaks will work)
5. Red Wings (done by committee )
6. Montreal (Just miss playoff's by a hair )
7. Leaf's ( a couple injuries upfront or in goal will expose paper thin roster )
8. Sen's (last with 76 points sucks)

Just about every game with these teams will be a dog fight .

Last edited:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
And thats what I did with Stolarz and Woll, 28/25 games as their career high in GP, reason to be concerned.
you’re not coping well with a rebuttal, other than ya buts.
You are arguing in bad faith lmao you replied to a post where he said the Leafs tandem was a huge question mark...edited that part out to continue on to try and get some gotcha moment like he hadn't already said the Leafs tandem was a question mark this season? Are you alright?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
You are arguing in bad faith lmao you replied to a post where he said the Leafs tandem was a huge question mark...edited that part out to continue on to try and get some gotcha moment like he hadn't already said the Leafs tandem was a question mark this season? Are you alright?
And you know what started all this, was saying Ullmark isn’t a fully proven goaltender yet,

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
And you know what started all this, was saying Ullmark isn’t a fully proven goaltender yet,
He isn’t a fully proven starter though. I get he didn’t specify the word, but reading the rest of the post he was mainly talking about games played. Starting goalies don’t play 40-49 games, they play 50+ consistently.

Just because he’s good in his current role, doesn’t mean he’s gonna be good in an increased role

Otherwise how come people are allowed to make this argument for Swayman? There was a thread about him and people had concerns if he could handle the starter role and maintain his high level of play.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Yes so argue that point if you want to lol poster said Ullmark is unproven, you responded with "well yeah but yours is too" they said yeah they are unproven and you just ignored that response and continued on like it didn't happen lmao

Reactions: TheOrangeDesk

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
He isn’t a fully proven starter though. I get he didn’t specify the word, but reading the rest of the post he was mainly talking about games played.
Poster edited it out and the context, after backlash from more than one poster.

Anyways, other poster has moved on, so I’ll do the same.

Last edited:

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Just because a series goes 6 or 7 doesn't mean it was close. Florida was better than Boston most of that series besides game 1. You can argue about the blatant missed calls thar could of changed the direction of the series but it didn't happen.

Boston Vancouver went 7 in 2011 and that series was very 1 sided

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad