Atlantic Standings Predictions Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
IMO this is a tough year to rank the Atlantic, our perineal horses (Fla, TB. Bos and Leafs) all can win the division or be wild cards plus at some point the Wings and Sens should be in the top 4 or 5.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
too bad the pick is lotto protected

they also overachieved their place in the standings the last two years. every metric shows it. There's a reason the Panthers finished barely above the Bruins in the regular season but the playoff matchup wasn't very close.
Nope, they overachieved because they stayed healthy (until the '23 PO when Bergeron
was literally playing with a career ending injury, Krejci was hurt and Ullmark was compromised).

Again they over achieved strictly because they stayed healthy over two years, which is beyond an extensive sample size for any other reason being responsible other than staying healthy.

Further the series went six games and Florida didn't score the series winner until there were under 2 minutes left in G6, so quit being a tool.

Reactions: Ned Bouhalassa

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If you gonna play it like that, you gotta go all in bro;

Ottawa
Florida

Boston
Tampa

Buffalo
Detroit
Montreal

Toronto

no-nope.gif

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
IMO this is a tough year to rank the Atlantic, our perineal horses (Fla, TB. Bos and Leafs) all can win the division or be wild cards plus at some point the Wings and Sens should be in the top 4 or 5.

Ottawa is the closest to breaking into the top 4, they are the only team in that bottom group with a fully proven goaltender.

They have to get him signed though.

I still have them 5th this year

Reactions: Deadly Dogma

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Ottawa is the closest to breaking into the top 4, they are the only team in that bottom group with a fully proven goaltender.

They have to get him signed though.

I still have them 5th this year
Fully proven might be a touch over the top. Hes obviously proven thst he can be a top goalie and I think they're in a pretty good spot between the pipes, but both of their 31yo goalies have played more than 41 games only once in their careers (46 and 49gp) and given Forsberg's year last year im sure Ottawa is hoping to get close to 60 games out of Ullmark. For the "bottom group", UPL played more games than either ever has in one season last year with a pretty decent .910 to back it up.

Pretty much the entire Atlantic division outside Florida has some pretty big question marks in net going into this year. Could actually end up being a really good year for starting goalies in the Atlantic this year, but it'll first require goalies playing new career highs in games (Swayman, Ullmark, UPL, and Woll)

Last edited:

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Got to figure it will still be Tor, TB, Flo, Bos with basically a single wild card spot going to one of Nyi, Pit, Wsh, Phi, Ott, Buf, Det (I think metro is Car, Nyr, NJ). The first three because they’ve all made it before and have personnel to drag them into a spot and the following four because they have to make the playoffs eventually… right?!

I think we’ll probably have a similar situation to last year where the last WC spot is locked up in the last game or two. MTL is the only team I’m sure will be either bottom or near bottom in the div. Their forward depth is lacking, and their D and G are still green and a bit suspect. They’ll win games for sure but not enough to be in contention for a playoff spot.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The East is weaker than last year and someone will finish on top in the Atlantic. . Probably Boston.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Fully proven might be a touch over the top. Hes obviously proven thst he can be a top goalie and I think they're in a pretty good spot between the pipes, but both of their 31yo goalies have played more than 41 games only once in their careers (46 and 49gp) and given Forsberg's year last year im sure Ottawa is hoping to get close to 60 games out of Ullmark. For the "bottom group", UPL played more games than either ever has in one season last year with a pretty decent .910 to back it up.

Pretty much the entire Atlantic division outside Florida has some pretty big question marks in net going into this year. Could actually end up being a really good year for starting goalies in the Atlantic this year, but it'll first require goalies playing new career highs in games (Swayman, Ullmark, UPL, and Woll)

I mean he's got a Vezina, you don't win the Vezina without proving it.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Nope, they overachieved because they stayed healthy (until the '23 PO when Bergeron
was literally playing with a career ending injury, Krejci was hurt and Ullmark was compromised).

Again they over achieved strictly because they stayed healthy over two years, which is beyond an extensive sample size for any other reason being responsible other than staying healthy.

Further the series went six games and Florida didn't score the series winner until there were under 2 minutes left in G6, so quit being a tool.
Boston got held to like 12 shots in 3 games. The series wasn’t close lol

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I’m gonna say Tampa misses

Florida
Toronto
Boston
Ottawa
Tampa
Detroit
Montreal
Buffalo

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
I mean he's got a Vezina, you don't win the Vezina without proving it.
Semantics I guess.

I simply mean that if Ottawa thinks there's no question marks in net than they're wrong. As I said before, Ullmark has never been the de facto Starter (even in his Vezina season) so asking him to play close to 60 games is a big risk still.

If they're hoping for a good tandem with Forsberg, then that's a huge gamble as well that Forsberg can bounce back to be a decent keeper after 2 poor years with minimal starts (< 30).

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Semantics I guess.

I simply mean that if Ottawa thinks there's no question marks in net than they're wrong. As I said before, Ullmark has never been the de facto Starter (even in his Vezina season) so asking him to play close to 60 games is a big risk still.

If they're hoping for a good tandem with Forsberg, then that's a huge gamble as well that Forsberg can bounce back to be a decent keeper after 2 poor years with minimal starts (< 30).

I mean, how many goalie situations in this league aren't a gamble?

Question marks in net are the norm, not the exception.

The bar to exceed at this point, is last year's goaltending, which was the worst in the entire league in terms of expected goals against differential.

Last edited:
Reactions: Caper Bruins fan

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
So Florida won the last 3 games by 1 goal but the series wasn't even close. Time to take off those homer glasses. :thumbd:Oh sorry - I forgot to add my lol.
yes, because Jeremy Swayman played at a Hall of Fame level and covered up a massive amount of flaws. If you are counting on your goalie to play at a historic level to carry your team to a 6 game playoff defeat, you might be a tad overrated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad