Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman III- still nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
And just think...double his paycheck to 9.5, he becomes The Guy and then goes from 42 games a year to possibly 10 or so more to 52 maybe 55.:huh:

The term "for the good of the team does not exist anymore."
52-55 is the right number. You don’t want your top goalie playing more than that unless it can’t be helped.

Brock Faber’s salary is going up 9x from last year and you’re not even getting any additional games!

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
And just think...double his paycheck to 9.5, he becomes The Guy and then goes from 42 games a year to possibly 10 or so more to 52 maybe 55.:huh:

Double his paycheck closer to 3 times his salary.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

Good. It's an exploitive concept that puts an unfair onus on the players to do the general manager's job for him.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
NO ! If he wants McAvoy money trade him, sorry about your head.
I like a good movie as much as the next guy.

I imagine Goalie Bob picking up the phone and hearing “your mission if you choose to accept……”

Then Bob is told he has to take Korpisalo and Bussi and turn them into Ullmark and Swayman.

The phone booth explodes while Bob says “what the f***????”

Seriously, the time to talk about trading Swayman ended the day Ullmark shuffled off to Ottawa. It cannot happen. Just not an option.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Yes once upon a time when there was a reserve clause and players had no choice but to play for 1 team their whole lives. No matter if they outplayed their contract or they could get a heckuva lot more from another team, they had zero choice but to accept whatever some old cranky guy in a pit-stained suit offered him. But as soon as the player slipped a little and someone younger and cheaper came along, the player would be dumped like bag of trash.

Those were the days when there was loyalty that I miss.

So give him $9.5M then?
Why are you against the idea of 10.3 for Swayman/Bussi but all for 10.5 for Swayman/Korpisalo?

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Yes once upon a time when there was a reserve clause and players had no choice but to play for 1 team their whole lives. No matter if they outplayed their contract or they could get a heckuva lot more from another team, they had zero choice but to accept whatever some old cranky guy in a pit-stained suit offered him. But as soon as the player slipped a little and someone younger and cheaper came along, the player would be dumped like bag of trash.

Those were the days when there was loyalty that I miss.

Why are you against the idea of 10.3 for Swayman/Bussi but all for 10.5 for Swayman/Korpisalo?
Because that’s not how it works?

• Haha
Reactions: Dr Quincy

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Trade is not the answer, the league is watching. What player wants to come to a team that cannot settle with its stars?
Apparently Igor Shestorkin is watching in particular, waiting for Swayman to sign his contract before he negotiates with the Rangers regarding an extension. Pontificators estimate he is looking in the $12 M range ...which to me suggests Sway in the 7.5-9 range (depending on term) based on back of the envelop comparables such as age, experience, years as a starter, and playoff success.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Based on what lol
The numbers that are being thrown around especially 9.5 like McAvoy, he has a limited resume and as such should come in around 6.5 to 7.5. Sure his agent has leverage but the team can only go so far and expect to operate within their overall plan.

Something has got to give by both the parties in order for a workable contract to be signed.

Reactions: YukonCornelius

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Apparently Igor Shestorkin is watching in particular, waiting for Swayman to sign his contract before he negotiates with the Rangers regarding an extension. Pontificators estimate he is looking in the $12 M range ...which to me suggests Sway in the 7.5-9 range (depending on term) based on back of the envelop comparables such as age, experience, years as a starter, and playoff success.
They're in very different situations, I don't think Swayman's deal has any effect on what Shesterkin gets. As an upcoming UFA with a Vezina in the bag, he's looking at what Bobrovsky got, with a cap inflation... 12.27% of cap...~$11-11.5M/yr x 8.

Reactions: BMC and PlayMakers

Demon Eyes

Nov 29, 2014
They're in very different situations, I don't think Swayman's deal has any effect on what Shesterkin gets. As an upcoming UFA with a Vezina in the bag, he's looking at what Bobrovsky got, with a cap inflation... 12.27% of cap...~$11-11.5M/yr x 8.
Well, if Swayman signs for 2 years, then he can replace Bobrovsky in Florida when he becomes ufa at the same time.

Reactions: SwayHeyKid

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad