Atlantic Standings Predictions Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Context my friend, context. Suzuki won't shoot at that % for sure, but he will have more opportunities to shoot, given that the team now has a 2nd line that the other teams will have to worry about. He might not get as many goals but its safe to say he will get at the very least as many points as last year. He had a very slow start last year and only started producing in january. And then he was on something like a 1.2 ppg pace til the end of the season.
What you just described was his shooting %.

Pre January:
All situations:
Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 12.39.33 AM.png

EV:
Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 12.40.05 AM.png

PP:
Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 12.40.24 AM.png

Post January:
Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 12.41.54 AM.png

EV:
Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 12.41.17 AM.png

PP:
Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 12.40.53 AM.png

If you look, his primary assist generation actually got significantly WORSE towards the end of the year. As did his overall shot generation, and shot attempt generation (this decline was mostly on the PP, with a slight uptick in EV chance generation).

There's really nothing suggesting his play in the second half was better, besides him getting on a shooting heater of 22.5%

Suzuki seems to be a very streaky shooter. I remember he started off the first quarter of 22-23 shooting red hot at 27.5% as well, and we had these same conversations about him "breaking out". And then his shooting% came back down to earth (11%) the rest of the year and he managed just 0.67 points per game.

Jack Spider

Jun 2, 2022
Suzuki is honestly a boring player to watch. ish ? But we've had free agents players like Tofolli say they've signed in Montreal just to play with him. OHL players watching his game. Suzuki says he likes Bergeron.

Reactions: viceroy

NikolaTesla

Aug 2, 2009
What you just described was his shooting %.

Pre January:
All situations:
View attachment 908342
EV:
View attachment 908343
PP:
View attachment 908344

Post January:
View attachment 908347
EV:
View attachment 908346
PP:
View attachment 908345

If you look, his primary assist generation actually got significantly WORSE towards the end of the year. As did his overall shot generation, and shot attempt generation (this decline was mostly on the PP, with a slight uptick in EV chance generation).

There's really nothing suggesting his play in the second half was better, besides him getting on a shooting heater of 22.5%

Suzuki seems to be a very streaky shooter. I remember he started off the first quarter of 22-23 shooting red hot at 27.5% as well, and we had these same conversations about him "breaking out". And then his shooting% came back down to earth (11%) the rest of the year and he managed just 0.67 points per game.
Stats cherry picker on strike again. "his primary assist went down". Maybe, just maybe... his linemates started producing? So he didn't have to do it all? Did it cross your mind? Do you even watch the games or do you spend all your time filtering statistics?

Why do you think his shooting % got up? Ill tell you. His teamates became a scoring threat, which gave him nice openings. How many points do you think Suzuki will have next year? Im guessing 75-80. Hearing you, he won't scratch 60 right? You're good at picking up stats but you need to put them into context.

"There's really nothing suggesting his play in the second half was better, besides him getting on a shooting heater of 22.5%"

What i hear is "Theres nothing that suggest that player X got better besides him having an absolute killer shot that goalies couldn't stop". "He was just on a 50 games hot streak : doesnt count".

Every fans and professional hockey analysts who actually watched the games could see Suzuki's improvements in the 2nd half but I guess they should just have asked you and your statistics filtering skills to understand that he really didn't play better :D

Last edited:

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
It seriously wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Kucherov utterly shatters that 149pt record held by Jagr for wingers next season. An even more bigger and monumental carry job may be upon us this season and if it happens, he without question becomes a Top 5 Winger of All Time easily and becomes the GOAT Russian in my eyes. The 150pts - 170pts (very big exaggeration lol) range is 100% not without of question for a player like Kuch. He's obviously not McDavid but he's the closest one to him in production. Hell even him somehow reaching 50+ goals and 100+ assists isn't a strange prediction for some reason lol. Hopefully he goes apeshit x 10 and redeems himself with a satisfying Hart win over Healthy McDavid.

Tampa's looking like a very BIG one line team with Atkinson in their top 6 and only have a couple years left in the tank.
It wouldn't surprise you if Kuch "Shatters" Jagrs record with as much as 170?

I have to ask you, does anything surprise you?

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
could see some1 not being impressed with DRW off-season moves n predicting they get between 80-85 points, but guessing they get 70 point, IMO that is highly unlikely.

guessing they get 92 points but unsure if they make it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad