Prospect Info: At 20th Overall the Wild Select Jesper Wallstedt

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WV Wild

May 10, 2022
Russo just tweeted out that the deal is offical and is expected to start next season in Iowa.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
I know comparisons arent really fair at all and especially comparing him to someone of this caliber but he reminded me of Vasi a bit in that highlight video Are they similar at all or is it just me?

His puck tracking skills look phenomenal

Reactions: Spurgeon

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I know comparisons arent really fair at all and especially comparing him to someone of this caliber but he reminded me of Vasi a bit in that highlight video Are they similar at all or is it just me?

His puck tracking skills look phenomenal
Agreed on his puck tracking. He looks exceptionally quick for his size too. That size + puck tracking makes me think we got a gem. Going to be very interested in how he progresses in the AHL. If he absolutely tears it up over a 20 game stretch, I think you consider bringing him up if Fleury/Gus are mediocre out of the gate.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Agreed on his puck tracking. He looks exceptionally quick for his size too. That size + puck tracking makes me think we got a gem. Going to be very interested in how he progresses in the AHL. If he absolutely tears it up over a 20 game stretch, I think you consider bringing him up if Fleury/Gus are mediocre out of the gate.
Agreed I look forward to keeping an eye on him and his development this upcoming year

P10p

May 15, 2012
Always nice when the franchise gives you a reason to purchase the AHL package.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
McIntyre and Wallstedt will be a pretty nice tandem down in Iowa, hopefully. A lot better than Jones and Baribeau/Kozlewski.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
Between an old flower and a questionable Gus there are some decent odds Wally gets a few games with the big boys, but hopefully Gus finds his game again. Kind of a strange year for us where I don't really care what happens.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Between an old flower and a questionable Gus there are some decent odds Wally gets a few games with the big boys, but hopefully Gus finds his game again. Kind of a strange year for us where I don't really care what happens.
I hope not. Wally needs to stay in the AHL no matter the temptation to bring him up. MacIntyre should get the nod over Wally.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
Why not see who is playing better at the time? Why should McIntyre just get the auto call up because he is older by a decade? What would a couple of games hurt if he is playing well, kid has experience in the SEL.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Scott wheeler has Jesper as his #1 ranked goalie prospect (shouldn’t be too surprising)

A little snippet from his write up
“Wallstedt’s the best goalie prospect on the planet for me. And that’s not meant as a slight to the next four names on this list, who each belong in that group or not far behind. But there’s just a control to his game that is so singular and rare in goalies his age.”

Behind a paywall but here’s the link

Reactions: Minnesota

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
One more thing, Wheeler has them broken into tiers (on a chart toward the bottom), and Wallstedt is in his own tier. Very high praise for the kid.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
I generally hate drafting goalies in the 1st round, but the way that shook out, best 1st round goalie draft pick the Wild might ever pull off value-wise.

Reactions: AKL

Puhis

Will accept caffeine.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Just please, please let this kid take his chances, and give him time. I don't actually mind the odd call-up or two, if he's shown worthy, but otherwise let him develop. Going from SHL to North America is a big transition in terms of angles, timings, everything.

Let's not overreact to a rough start is what I'm sayin', even if I trust Jesper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad