Jagge11

Dec 13, 2018

Actuals-vs-expected-goals-against.png

Results-vs-workload.png

Reactions: Victorious Secret

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

It's cool (for us) that he appears to be outplaying Lassinantti, but it is strange that he's had "Easy Work" while Lassinantti has had "Hard Work". I wonder if the team plays differently in front of them depending on which is on the ice, or if it's a matter of Lassinantti facing harder competition.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
It's cool (for us) that he appears to be outplaying Lassinantti, but it is strange that he's had "Easy Work" while Lassinantti has had "Hard Work". I wonder if the team plays differently in front of them depending on which is on the ice, or if it's a matter of Lassinantti facing harder competition.
Rebound control

Jagge11

Dec 13, 2018
I think it's just coincidence because Luleå has the lowest xGA/game (2.20) and the second highest xGF% (54.7) in the SHL according to Betterthanamonkeys xG-model. So at the end of the season Lassinanttis workload will probably be less.

PostFriend

Nov 3, 2016

Lassinantti has faced Timrå, Oskarshamn x 2, Skellefteå, Örebro, Brynäs, Malmö, Växjö, Leksand and Rögle. With that said, both goalies play against top teams and bottom teams.
Lassinantti is a small goalie with just 5’9”. He’s game plan is to work hard and be explosive. Wallstedt uses his big frame more and plays extremely energy efficiency. He’s rebound control is elite.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Janvonpobben

Sep 15, 2021
Imagine if he played for a canadian team, we would seen 10 pages of his performance. I come here on this board and not a single minnesota fan seems to care.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
New updated bigger version of Henrik Lundqvist and can be even better congratulations Minnesota fans
Is he as handsome, though?

Imagine if he played for a canadian team, we would seen 10 pages of his performance. I come here on this board and not a single minnesota fan seems to care.
It's almost like he's a prospect, who is promising, but hasn't played a game in the NHL yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
What’s the earliest we could reasonably expect to see him here? Next season or potentially the following? Id have to think the plan is for his ELC to help them get through the final 2 seasons of the dead cap.

Team could realistically spend ~$2M on their goalie spot with a Kahkonen - Wallstedt duo, but obviously it would be a risky move with their inexperience.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
What’s the earliest we could reasonably expect to see him here? Next season or potentially the following? Id have to think the plan is for his ELC to help them get through the final 2 seasons of the dead cap.

Team could realistically spend ~$2M on their goalie spot with a Kahkonen - Wallstedt duo, but obviously it would be a risky move with their inexperience.

Kahkonen needs to be re-signed this offseason. I'm guessing Kahkonen will get a mediocre offer (1 or 2 year offer), and Wallstedt will come over and play in the AHL for at least a season. And then Talbot will leave, Wallstedt will be promoted and platoon with Kahkonen.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

I would guess after next season, when Talbot's deal will be up. I, for one, hope that he doesn't get sent to the AHL.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Kahkonen needs to be re-signed this offseason. I'm guessing Kahkonen will get a mediocre offer (1 or 2 year offer), and Wallstedt will come over and play in the AHL for at least a season. And then Talbot will leave, Wallstedt will be promoted and platoon with Kahkonen.

I would guess after next season, when Talbot's deal will be up. I, for one, hope that he doesn't get sent to the AHL.

I think Wallstedt - Kahkonen is likely what we'll see in 23-24, but I almost wonder if Talbot would be a good trade candidate this offseason. Sign Wallstedt to his ELC and bring him over to play with Kahk. Saves us about $2.5M for next season and we'd still have Wallstedt on an ELC for the entirety of the dead cap era. People are probably weary to rush into a duo like that, but Wallstedt is already playing in a men's league. There's a reason this kid was projected to go Top 10 and it's because he really doesn't need 2-3 years of development time.

Only would consider a move like this if the cap savings would allow us to keep both of Fiala & Dumba around for next season. Kahkonen would definitely need to start being "groomed" for more of a split-level role though.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I think Wallstedt - Kahkonen is likely what we'll see in 23-24, but I almost wonder if Talbot would be a good trade candidate this offseason. Sign Wallstedt to his ELC and bring him over to play with Kahk. Saves us about $2.5M for next season and we'd still have Wallstedt on an ELC for the entirety of the dead cap era. People are probably weary to rush into a duo like that, but Wallstedt is already playing in a men's league. There's a reason this kid was projected to go Top 10 and it's because he really doesn't need 2-3 years of development time.

Only would consider a move like this if the cap savings would allow us to keep both of Fiala & Dumba around for next season. Kahkonen would definitely need to start being "groomed" for more of a split-level role though.
for cap reasons i understand it. i have never watched a game of Wallstedts, just highlights here and there so i wont comment on his abilities but i do question if playing him in the NHL next year is rushing his development? i see you noted he does not need 2 or 3 years so maybe it is a moot point. i can train some basic goalies at the youth level but beyond that i do not know what i should be looking for as far as developing them, i would think he maybe starts in the AHL next year and we have hammond up to start until Wallstedt just looks too good not to be splitting 40/60 or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad