Prospect Info: At 20th Overall the Wild Select Jesper Wallstedt

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
People were dissapointed with his play just a few day ago and now he’s probably going to be the goalie of the tournament. Not bad. He’s going to be a stud
He was good but not exceptional, until the important games came around and all of a sudden he looked all world. This is literally the perfect kind of goalie for the Wild and the strong defensive game we play. Completely poised at all times, I cannot see how he doesn't become a top tier player in the NHL.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
He looked great, Soft Pads for the most part , Best Goalie in the U20. He kept Sweden in alot of games on there mistakes. Even Canadian fans were saying this guy is better that Cossa.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
People were dissapointed with his play just a few day ago and now he’s probably going to be the goalie of the tournament. Not bad. He’s going to be a stud
It was a few days ago that I said I was enjoying watching him, in spite of a single weak goal. I guess even his bad games are as good as most goalie's good games. I can't wait for him to be ready!

Reactions: BuiumSaveUs

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Leading GAA (1.62), and save % (93.98) at the moment, with only Canada-Finland game to play.

Those are other-worldly numbers.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah…not flashy, but solid. As he gets stronger, he will get better at covering up, not that he’s bad now. The AHL experience should be interesting for him. 3 rookie Dmen in ROR, Hunt, and FJo.

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
Yeah…not flashy, but solid. As he gets stronger, he will get better at covering up, not that he’s bad now. The AHL experience should be interesting for him. 3 rookie Dmen in ROR, Hunt, and FJo.
The bolded is the good part. He looks all the time like he doesn't need to be flashy. So annoying to other teams, like a machine who lets very little room. Yes at times it feels like he could be a bit more explosive, but he seems to be in time every single time and his technique won't fall apart no matter what happens. Hard to see any goalie could be more promising at his age. He plays like a robot, a very well programmed one.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So sad he won't be able to wear that classic goalie #1 as a Wild. Us damn fans....

This might be a hot take, and will probably piss off at least a few people, but the fans have done more for the franchise than #9 did, so if we're taking exception with retired numbers, #1 is second on my list (I believe neither of them should be retired though).

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
He might just be Minnesotas best goaltender already but some time in the AHL and dont rush him to much but at some point this season i think it will shown.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Just box score watching but it seems like he had a pretty good game. .943 save % 2 GA allowed on 35 shots.

Last edited:

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Just box score watching but it seems like he had a pretty good game. .943 save % @ GA allowed on 35 shots.
He was calm and collected all game long, and it seemed clear that goals against don't rattle his game. He looked like he'd already had a year or two of NHL games under his belt. I came away very excited about him, as you may be able to tell.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
He was calm and collected all game long, and it seemed clear that goals against don't rattle his game. He looked like he'd already had a year or two of NHL games under his belt. I came away very excited about him, as you may be able to tell.
Thats the impression i got from watching him during the WJC this summer. Dudes like Joe Burrow or Brett Favre, can throw 2 or 3 INTs and not have it impact his game.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Yeah, it was a 6 on 4 with a minute or so left, and Iowa leading by two. the opportunity presented itself, and he didn't hesitate. He had a very strong game in the nets, also. Seems very calm back there, and doesn't give out rebounds.

Reactions: Minnesota

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad