Rumor: Askarov’s agent : We are working on different possibilities for Yaroslav

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Well, we're certainly not trading our best prospects for random Leafs shit :laugh:

Except Stamkos and Marchessault will most likely be on line two, why break up our top line?

Almost 40% of Nyquist's points were on the PP, you really think this is repeatable? Return to Earth. He'll be back to a 40pt player this year guaranteed.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Almost 40% of Nyquist's points were on the PP, you really think this is repeatable? Return to Earth. He'll be back to a 40pt player this year guaranteed.
Either way, the Preds aren't going to trade him. Unless they are out of the playoff race at the TDL.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
Depends. Is he setting up Forberg and Stamkos? Nashville’s PP ought to be better this coming season.

Curious on the value goalies usually dont return much but the potentiel is huge that being said havent they been trying to trade him since last offseason
I don’t think so.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
I do love this attitude that went from “we would be taking Fabbro and Nyquist” to “lol Nyquist isn’t even that good”
No. I was saying he doesn't have the value of a 75pt forward because he did it once. If you want to replace Nyquist with a similar AAV, by all means.
So nobody. Ok, then, it's back to Nyquist isn't getting traded. :rolleyes:
If you're too lazy to read through the conversation then I'm too lazy to summarize it for you. And I'm not going to continue the conversation with you after saying Nyquist won't be traded, which is absurd.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
No. I was saying he doesn't have the value of a 75pt forward because he did it once. If you want to replace Nyquist with a similar AAV, by all means.

If you're too lazy to read through the conversation then I'm too lazy to summarize it for you. And I'm not going to continue the conversation with you after saying Nyquist won't be traded, which is absurd.
Maybe he has that value to Nashville.

• Haha
Reactions: junyab

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Goalie swap with the Flyers for Ersson +?

Would be fun to pair Askarov with Fedotov, and will add another Russian to help Michkov's transition.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
This just doesn't make much sense from a Preds POV. Askarov may be disappointed with the Saros extension but there is really no pressure to trade him just for the sake of trading him.
If anything, Askarov should be really happy with how things are in Nashville atm. The team brought in a legendary goalie coach to work with him. They only signed a very generic, cheap, and easily discardable backup goalie in Wedgewood. It doesn't set a very high bar for Askarov to make the NHL, and the team has provided him great learning support for getting there, and for improving his game. He should be pretty stoked for the next couple of years. Not all prospect goalies have it that easy.

Plus, he almost certainly can't be protected in the next Expansion Draft now, so he'll have a #1 job in Houston or Atlanta or Kansas City served up to him on a silver platter, he won't even have to unseat an established incumbent #1 like most young goalies do.

Reactions: JPT and Soundgarden

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Curious on the value goalies usually dont return much but the potentiel is huge that being said havent they been trying to trade him since last offseason
We offered him + our first to get into the top of the draft last year.

Goalie swap with the Flyers for Ersson +?

Would be fun to pair Askarov with Fedotov, and will add another Russian to help Michkov's transition.
That plus would have to be pretty big. Why would we want an older goalie than Askarov?

You guys have Luchanko, Bonk, York, Drysdale, Foerster, Frost, and of course Michkov who isn't available, we'd probably be interested in.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Aren't they arguably the most stable franchise in the league with regards to goaltending?

They went from peak Dunham, to Vokoun, to Rinne, to Saros. One season of Chris Mason sprinkled in there, I suppose.
Look at how the first round picks have fared

Which is fine because that’s what they signed up for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad