Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Kovalenko to 2-year deal

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
who.wants to be in Denver during beach weather
Summers in Colorado are pretty legit. Sun is pretty damn intense (bad skin cancer rates along with Florida), but it is a dry heat with normally an afternoon thunderstorm that cools off the day significantly. Then you have indisputable killer sunsets with great evenings to go and enjoy outdoor activities.

Nope. f*** humidity. Colorado weather beats that shit every time. I prefer someplace where I can get in the shade and it actually feels cooler. Or step out at night and not have it still feel like it's 90-plus degrees.

Funny thing is, my sister-in-law grew up in Nebraska and has lived in the deep south (LA, MS, AL) since she was 18 and thinks it's dry as hell in places like Lake of the Ozarks, MO. She'd probably shrivel up and disintegrate if she stepped foot in CO now.
Some people can't live in Colorado though, I know one bloke who moved to Florida due to oxygen problems and another who moved to NC due to throat problems/pollen/oxygen. Long-time Coloradans actually carry more red blood cell count than people at sea level due to oxygen shortage. However, it's easier to boil water at higher altitudes for cooking so you take the good with the bad.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Summers in Colorado are pretty legit. Sun is pretty damn intense (bad skin cancer rates along with Florida), but it is a dry heat with normally an afternoon thunderstorm that cools off the day significantly. Then you have indisputable killer sunsets with great evenings to go and enjoy outdoor activities.

Some people can't live in Colorado though, I know one bloke who moved to Florida due to oxygen problems and another who moved to NC due to throat problems/pollen/oxygen. Long-time Coloradans actually carry more red blood cell count than people at sea level due to oxygen shortage. However, it's easier to boil water at higher altitudes for cooking so you take the good with the bad.
My sister has problems with all the sun and her lupus. The docs suggested the Northwest.

Reactions: weremarkar

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

That’s actually not good for cooking, as food can take much longer to cook.

I also have a close friend who had to move to North Carolina for this reason. He was chronically sick, due to the altitude somehow negatively affecting his body. He moved to sea level and felt better within a month, and he’s been fine since.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV

As someone who grew up in CO I fully agree. The only problem that exists now is TREX and the amount of growth the state has had. I also struggled with skin issues there.

I know a good number of people who have either left for Boise or Reno (where I'm based) that find it similar to what CO used to offer minus 1000 feet elevation, less sun impact and 150% less traffic.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
As someone who grew up in CO I fully agree. The only problem that exists now is TREX and the amount of growth the state has had. I also struggled with skin issues there.

I know a good number of people who have either left for Boise or Reno (where I'm based) that find it similar to what CO used to offer minus 1000 feet elevation, less sun impact and 150% less traffic.
Yeah, it's always so stressful when you go take your dog for a walk only to have to dodge being eaten by one of those wild T-Rexes. Only in Colorado, amirite? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Yeah, it's always so stressful when you go take your dog for a walk only to have to dodge being eaten by one of those wild T-Rexes. Only in Colorado, amirite? :sarcasm:
I don't live there anymore haha. But I meant I25 from north of AFA to Longmont being a clusterf*** with perpetual construction from like 1995 on.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
This is great and everything, but what does this have to do with Kovalenko?

;)
1721784433734.png

I think I remember one off-season in my first few years where everyone, myself included, tried to keep the chit-chat to a minimum anywhere other than the OT thread, but the fact is most folks take off for the summer as there is next to nothing going on, and those that are truly addicted to this site and team remain. I actually look at so many posters here as friends at this point. After all, everyone of us shares a tremendous affinity for the Avs that brings us together after all. So in the off-season when it gets quiet I admit, I'm probably the biggest contributer to this.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't live there anymore haha. But I meant I25 from north of AFA to Longmont being a clusterf*** with perpetual construction from like 1995 on.
This construction has move northwards too. I legit can’t remember when somewhere between Fort Collins and Longmont hasn’t had construction… I know it is has existed, but been so long my memory just ejected it.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
This construction has move northwards too. I legit can’t remember when somewhere between Fort Collins and Longmont hasn’t had construction… I know it is has existed, but been so long my memory just ejected it.
I got a flat on I-25 near Hwy. 119 and wouldn’t stop on the freeway to change the tire. The traffic flying by was terrifying. Drove to the exit and ruined the tire but I’d do it again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad