Rumor: Askarov’s agent : We are working on different possibilities for Yaroslav

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Definitely possible, but it doesn't seem to fit his character. He knows he's a few years to make the jump to the NHL, and is willing to earn a starting role.

Yea but I imagine that the Preds are looking for high level NHL talent or near NHL talent with good upside in a deal for Askarov. They just dropped a ton of cash to compete so I doubt a less developed goalie prospect (albeit a good one) would peak their interest.

Reactions: Soundgarden

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Yea but I imagine that the Preds are looking for high level NHL talent or near NHL talent with good upside in a deal for Askarov. They just dropped a ton of cash to compete so I doubt a less developed goalie prospect (albeit a good one) would peak their interest.
Exactly. We want quality not quantity.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013

How can Nashville fit that high level talent under the cap? Fowler would be a good long-term goalie option to supplant Saros nearing the end of his contract, and of course the + which could add some very good depth to their prospect pool.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
How can Nashville fit that high level talent under the cap? Fowler would be a good long-term goalie option to supplant Saros nearing the end of his contract, and of course the + which could add some very good depth to their prospect pool.
We don't need depth in our prospect pool, we have a top 5 pool in the league. We need quality.

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California

They have movable contracts like Fabbro. Plus, Askarov is a good centerpiece to go with other enticing pieces like Tomasino to get good young NHL guys on their ELC.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
They have movable contracts like Fabbro. Plus, Askarov is a good centerpiece to go with other enticing pieces like Tomasino to get good young NHL guys on their ELC.

Would Matheson be a better option for Nashville's compete window than Fabbro?

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
The fact that Nashville is willing to give up on Askarov and went with a 30 year old small goalie over him should be a massive red flag. They know him best.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
The fact that Nashville is willing to give up on Askarov and went with a 30 year old small goalie over him should be a massive red flag. They know him best.
The other guy also happens to be very good and 30 isn't old for goaltenders. They are trying to win now with moves like Marchy and Stammer. Doesn't say anything about Askaraov.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Everyone in top 10-15 does.
No, not every team picks 2 1sts every year or every other year.
Except our "tiny over the hill 29 year old" is averaging 4th in Vezina voting the last 4 years. Askarov is still the best goalie prospect in the world.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad