Rumor: Askarov’s agent : We are working on different possibilities for Yaroslav

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
That's a better offer but why would Colorado be interested they drafted Russian Goalies Ilya Nabakov and Ivan Yunin in 2024? Perhaps you are thinking about the here and now...I guess I see your point since the Avalanche's goaltending hasn't been that great lately...why did they get rid of Francouz thought he played well there
Francouz retired due to injury.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Savoie. Straight up.
I wouldn't hesitate... But askarov is worth a lot more imo. And he has a low salary so I can't even get Kane in there.lol.

I assume something like a first and a prospect like Savoie get it done though.

Someone will cash in and look like a genius in 2 years. Hope it's my Oil.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Is there any way the Preds could add to Askarov and get Byfield?
Like add a lot. Or totally no go?
It's a nonsensical idea from a Kings perspective. If you're trading a big asset for an Askarov then you're building somewhat for the future. You don't trade a young 55 point+ center in that scenario, especially when you're other top center is near retirement. An add doesn't matter.

Reactions: Armourboy

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The Preds would trade him to the East if they can. That's if they trade him at all.

Askarov wants a team where he can play. Nashville made that hard by adding Wedgewood, and of course there isn't much a future path to be the #1 after they've invested in Saros (although interestingly he seems to lack a NMC)

Reactions: Dadof5boys

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Actually most good goaltenders start backing up in the NHL at or before 22.
Rinne made his NHL debut at 23 played another game at 26 and was in the NHL full time at 27. Saros made his NHL debut at 21, backed up Rinne at 22-24 then played 40 games at 25. Askarov is well in line with where he should be at, but he needs more time in the AHL.

Thinking on it, this is what I've come up with:

To Nashville:
William Eklund
Thomas Bordeleau
Mattias Hävelid

To San Jose:
Yaroslav Askarov
Philip Tomasino
Dante Fabbro
Ryan Ufko
Switch Bordeleau with a defenseman or take out Ufko and I'd think about it.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
To LA. - Igor Shesterkin

To Nashville. - Adrian Kempe

To Rangers. - Askarov, Liam Greentree and the better of the two 1st rounders tjat Nashville has.

LA doesn't want the Rangers 13m goalie. No goalie is worth what Shesterkin is going to ask for. LA is fine with riding out Kuemper in net until Portillo is ready.

Is there any way the Preds could add to Askarov and get Byfield?
Like add a lot. Or totally no go?

Big fat no! LA already has their young goalie in Portillo putting up the same numbers as Askarov. Why would they trade their future #1C for something they already have in their system. LA will be building around Byfield, Clarke, Portillo; once Blake & Luc get fired this next offseason.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
The Preds would trade him to the East if they can. That's if they trade him at all.

Askarov wants a team where he can play. Nashville made that hard by adding Wedgewood, and of course there isn't much a future path to be the #1 after they've invested in Saros (although interestingly he seems to lack a NMC)
Pretty sure he has a NMC for 6 years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad