Around the NHL: Panthers win. Onto the business season!

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
I told you he hasn't had any serious injuries in the last 3-4 seasons. I don't think Tanev will get a long term. Two years would be reasonable for me.
That's not really true his injury history shows 7 injurys in his time with the flames, one shoulder injury took 5 months but during the offseason, so he didn't miss much time.

Reactions: Dingo44

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
That's not really true his injury history shows 7 injurys in his time with the flames, one shoulder injury took 5 months but during the offseason, so he didn't miss much time.
Yeah, maybe I was just looking at the number of games played. There was the COVID shortened season (20-21) where I think he played every game. The next season (21-22) he played all 82 games. In 22-23 he missed 17 games. This past season he played 75 games and 19 playoff games.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Florida is choking this away and robbing me of a chance to see Perry lose his fourth straight Cup final with his fourth different team.
Four in five. He wasn't in the final last year... unless I'm forgetting him being a Panther?

And yes i also love that that is happening, but only because he has a cup. If he didn't have his name on it, I'd feel so bad for him.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Yeah, maybe I was just looking at the number of games played. There was the COVID shortened season (20-21) where I think he played every game. The next season (21-22) he played all 82 games. In 22-23 he missed 17 games. This past season he played 75 games and 19 playoff games.
They had a pick with him in a walking boot and I was surprised to see him play few days after agaist the oilers, guess he plays to alot of stuff. guess we are not on the top of his list anyway.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
They had a pick with him in a walking boot and I was surprised to see him play few days after agaist the oilers, guess he plays to alot of stuff. guess we are not on the top of his list anyway.
Yeap, we might not be at the top of the list, but I was just saying that I wouldn't mind having a player like Tanev partner with Byram or Power for a few seasons.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Looks like the Leafs were in on the Markstrom deal, wonder if they go after or have the ammunition for Ullmark next ?
I wouldn't be surprised if his NTC has the leafs. I'm also not sure Boston wants to help shore up a rivals goaltending, although taking some quality pieces in exchange for someone who crumbles in the playoffs may be enticing

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
A3.jpeg

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
UPL could ask for Demko's contract. I wonder if Adams wants to sign him for one year, like Boston did with Swayman. So far UPL has had one good and stable season.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
UPL could ask for Demko's contract. I wonder if Adams wants to sign him for one year, like Boston did with Swayman. So far UPL has had one good and stable season.

I'm not worried about term, guys like Korpisalo have proven that no matter how terrible you are, one good season will get you a lifetime of gm's that are willing to bet on you. And with that come positive trade value.

So I'd give UPL 4 or 5 years easily.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I'm not worried about term, guys like Korpisalo have proven that no matter how terrible you are, one good season will get you a lifetime of gm's that are willing to bet on you. And with that come positive trade value.

So I'd give UPL 4 or 5 years easily.
I probably would too, but is Adams ready?

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I think it’s hilarious that the nhl can be reffed the way it is but “we have to get it right” when it comes to offsides
Since offside review isn't going away, I wish they'd make it so the play has to be reviewed in real time. I understand that it's a black and white thing, but as you noted, it's insane that they go into all the detail they do for offsides when, in any 2-0 game, you'll see the refs swallow their whistles when someone on the losing team commits a textbook slash, hook, or boarding penalty, then call a tap on the hands by someone on the winning team a minute later.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Signed up today for one month of ESPN+. Between game 7 tonight and draft this weekend its probably worth the $10.

Maybe. Probably. Hopefully.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad