Around the NHL: Panthers win. Onto the business season!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moncton man

Jan 11, 2011
Moncton, NB
Florida will pull it out. Bettman can't allow Canada to win. I want to hear all the Canadian salt.
Can someone from the Sunbelt team call Bettman before the game and remind him that the whole reason the Oiler's moved Gretzky was so the NHL could expand in the south?!!!

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I have no cable subscription (just internet, no channels) and get the SCF on ESPN+ just fine.
You should look into IPTV.. I pay $100 for 6 months and I have access to over 1000+ channels including movies and TV shows. I have cancelled everything but Prime since I still do shopping thru it but I have everything including all PPV's (UFC, Boxing). All European Futboll, NHL center ice, NBA center court, MLB TV, every American CBC/NBC channel from every state, all British channels, Canadian channels, every HBO, Showtime, Max, Crave you name it. Also any new movies that come out from any streaming service or show is added right away that acts like a streaming service, just click on the movie or TV show and push play.

I've watched Sabres games for the last two seasons since they also have the MSG channels.

It also has all ESPN+ channels, so you could cancel ESPN+ and still get access to what they have.

Ive also found all QMJHL, WHL, OHL etc games. Even AHL.tv is on there.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
You should look into IPTV.. I pay $100 for 6 months and I have access to over 1000+ channels including movies and TV shows. I have cancelled everything but Prime since I still do shopping thru it but I have everything including all PPV's (UFC, Boxing). All European Futboll, NHL center ice, NBA center court, MLB TV, every American CBC/NBC channel from every state, all British channels, Canadian channels, every HBO, Showtime, Max, Crave you name it. Also any new movies that come out from any streaming service or show is added right away that acts like a streaming service, just click on the movie or TV show and push play.

I've watched Sabres games for the last two seasons since they also have the MSG channels.

It also has all ESPN+ channels, so you could cancel ESPN+ and still get access to what they have.

I use IPTV, have basic set up in 2 rooms for $100 a year. I also have premium set up in the living room at $100 for the year. Only real difference is that series are immediately available while on basic it might take a week or two. So the girls use basic for their Thai movies, and I use basic in the master to watch random stuff and sports in the morning. Premium is on the 85" TV in the living room

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas

I'm interested in this but not sure where to start.

Is there an IPTV service that you recommend? FWIW, I currently have both a PC and a Roku streaming box connected to my TV. The PC unfortunately doesn't push 4k video but the Roku bar does. I'd prefer using the Roku for the 4k capability.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
all the more reason why Frost is on the outside looking in.
They play different positions.

They don't have a replacement for Frost at center so I only think they're only entertaining a trade because they don't expect him to re-sign for UFA years, and they want to get something for him before he leaves. Like we did with Mitts.

Which is the same reason we should be wary of trading for him.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I'm interested in this but not sure where to start.

Is there an IPTV service that you recommend? FWIW, I currently have both a PC and a Roku streaming box connected to my TV. The PC unfortunately doesn't push 4k video but the Roku bar does. I'd prefer using the Roku for the 4k capability.
So I use a fire stick and the program they use is called Angel TV. I would suggest looking for IPTV providers in your area.

I do think you will need a fire stick tho.

Angel TV is like the old Cody program but 5x's better.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
So I use a fire stick and the program they use is called Angel TV. I would suggest looking for IPTV providers in your area.

I use a firestick, and the Chappie service out of the UK. You can download straight to a Smart tv but I prefer to use the cheaply replaceable firestick in case there's any issues

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
They play different positions.

They don't have a replacement for Frost at center so I only think they're only entertaining a trade because they don't expect him to re-sign for UFA years, and they want to get something for him before he leaves. Like we did with Mitts.

Which is the same reason we should be wary of trading for him.

He was also among those who bounced into Tort's doghouse at times. That's not an indictment of him, just that he may not want to stay around with a coach who is sometimes not communicative about why guys are coming out of the lineup.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Are they reliable streams?

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Are they reliable streams?
Ive had no major problems, minor hiccups sometimes like my stream will go back a second and then continue but it doesn't happen often. Sometimes channels will go down and I just switch to another channel and back and it comes back. Major PPV events like UFC Ive had no problems as they usually have it on several channels so if one goes down, just switch and within minutes the old one will be back up.

I've had no problems when it comes to sports, a few times the MSG channel was broadcasting the Rangers game when it should have been the Sabres so I just went to the NHL Center Ice section and watched there.

Reactions: Zman5778 and Beerz

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I think game 7 will be a great close game. Not even sure who I'm rooting for at this point.
These are the kind of games I root for either a blow-out, so there's no coulda-woulda-shoulda from wither side, or overtime, so there's the "both teams had a chance until the last moment". I don't have a favorite in this one, but am probably pulling for EDM.

And Canada’s cup drought may well end thanks to arguably one of the biggest choke jobs in sports history.
A Taro Tsujimoto sighting!!
they desperately need to start the season earlier. Having 8 preseason games is nuts
They already start it early by former standards. Eliminate the 7-day mid-season break, and end the season NLT ~April 3rd.
@tsujimoto74 This is a response your post as well.

They exist to placate a couple GMs who went off on the league after a couple blatantly obvious offsides calls were missed leading to goals. The one that really led the charge to implement reviews was this one……

It was understandable they were livid over that. IIRC the officials thought one of the Preds touched the puck. The issue with this is obviously Duchene gains an incredible competitive advantage with this non-call. Players stopped skating and the goalie half heartedly tries to stop it. But stuff like that play rarely ever happen.

What we get instead are plays that are fractions of an inch. That require magnification to even see. Or we get a goal challenged because of potential offside that occurred 15-30 seconds before the goal was scored. Things rarely give a competitive advantage.

Before you say just missing offside gives an advantage. There are also plays blown dead as offsides that were not. There is no recourse for that mistake by the linesman, nor can there really be one. Throughout the year many developing scoring chances are negated by incorrect offside calls. Those are potential goals negated. Teams just live with it and move on. Thats how it should be for all of it.

It’s never really been about getting right. It was to shut up some GMs who were complaining. If it was, the NHL would be reviewing every goal and not putting the decision in the hands of the team getting scored on or penalizing them if they are wrong. Even with review the officials can still sometimes get it wrong.

IMO what the NHL came up with is a bigger problem than the issue it was addressing.

Excellent post, well put.
I assumed that was already a foregone conclusion. Sid has one of the best trophy shelves of anyone in hockey history but he's generally considered to be around 7-10 all time, whereas McDavid's likely going to crack the Big Four at this rate.
Big Five. As a Buffalo fan, you need to put a goalie out there with #4, #9, #66, #99.
Signed up today for one month of ESPN+. Between game 7 tonight and draft this weekend its probably worth the $10.

Maybe. Probably. Hopefully.
Shit, I'll drink $10 worth of beer tonight and during the 1st round.
Can someone from the Sunbelt team call Bettman before the game and remind him that the whole reason the Oiler's moved Gretzky was so the NHL could expand in the south?!!!
Irony that the 2nd-longest crow-flies distance in the NHL is EDM to FLA, only ~100 miles less than BOS to SJ. Weather forecast for EDM is 68 today, 84 in Sunrise. 95 F where I live today.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
He was also among those who bounced into Tort's doghouse at times. That's not an indictment of him, just that he may not want to stay around with a coach who is sometimes not communicative about why guys are coming out of the lineup.
I don't know if you've been listening to Merek's show lately but he said that Frost's agent ALWAYS pushes his players into going UFA. Maybe he's exaggerating but he's said it like a half dozen times. Same agent as Marner.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I don't know if you've been listening to Merek's show lately but he said that Frost's agent ALWAYS pushes his players into going UFA. Maybe he's exaggerating but he's said it like a half dozen times. Same agent as Marner.

Well him going to UFA should keep the acquisition cost down. I like players with term or team control, but even if we're legitimately in the playoff hunt around the trade deadline if it seems like he won't sign, we can still flip him to another team who needs a 3C and then use that ammo to get another 3C for the playoffs. Ideally, he fits in and likes playing with the guys and for Ruff and we can resign him.

Maybe not the first choice, but that contract situation shouldn't rule him out if a better option isn't available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad