Around the NHL: Panthers win. Onto the business season!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don't know if you've been listening to Merek's show lately but he said that Frost's agent ALWAYS pushes his players into going UFA. Maybe he's exaggerating but he's said it like a half dozen times. Same agent as Marner.

I haven't in a bit, probably two weeks. Good to know.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
This is my fault. I was at the bar with friends before game 4 and we were talking about Knoblauch’s Buffalo comment and I brought up how invoking Buffalo caught them our curse. And went so far as to say that if they were swept our curse was lifted and it was all theirs now. They won 8-1. So I said fine…but when they lose the series they share the curse and we get some reprieve. And now we head to game 7. I’ll try to work out how to reverse this.
I’ve decided to double down. Screw it. Screw this curse.

Go Florida.

Reactions: Dingo44

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Well him going to UFA should keep the acquisition cost down. I like players with term or team control, but even if we're legitimately in the playoff hunt around the trade deadline if it seems like he won't sign, we can still flip him to another team who needs a 3C and then use that ammo to get another 3C for the playoffs. Ideally, he fits in and likes playing with the guys and for Ruff and we can resign him.

Maybe not the first choice, but that contract situation shouldn't rule him out if a better option isn't available.
I’m not saying to the scratch the idea, just be careful. You’re not flipping him if you’re in the playoffs, but maybe that’s ok.

He becomes a rental for Buffalo if Buffalo is in the playoffs at deadline time. I’m not paying 11OA for a rental, but I will pay a somewhat lesser price. Maybe a 2025 1st?

Greenway is in the same boat this year - which is fine because we spent very few assets for him.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013

Congrats on the Cup, Oilers!
Kyle shows up for some big games. In this 1000th he was flying, and now he's gotten some rest. Might be his last game ever, I think he'll help them

Reactions: Dingo44

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Kyle shows up for some big games. In this 1000th he was flying, and now he's gotten some rest. Might be his last game ever, I think he'll help them
You’d think he’d be fresh for the entire playoffs considering how little energy he expended in the regular season. I hope he gets 7 mins and is a -2.

• Haha
Reactions: TheMistyStranger

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005

Yeah but his 1000th game did not have the Cup on the line. And he's being injected into an otherwise largely-lethargic lineup

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Friend is at the game and just sent our group chat a video. Oilers fans have full on invaded. I would be fuming if our fans did that in Game 7 of the cup.

Pisses me off as is when we do it for Leafs fans in the middle of February.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I <3 Reinhart, but Florida has whooped on the Sabres too damn long. They've done their fairshare of dirt against us, too. Plus, they're in our division.

Let's add a cup to McDavid's legacy tonight! Go Oilers!

Reactions: HOOats

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Thank you Boston. I can now enter the off-season without fear. No one is making a worse trade than that this year. Including my team.

• Haha
Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
It’s pretty clear teams are expressing their dissatisfaction with the playoff schedule. It’s draft week. Screw em.
Yeah. This is a clear "this shit is going too late" shot and it's getting too close to business season. We're doing business.....don't want us trading now? Push shit back. Or up. But the SCF ending 4 days before the draft is asinine.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Yeah. This is a clear "this shit is going too late" shot and it's getting too close to business season. We're doing business.....don't want us trading now? Push shit back. Or up. But the SCF ending 4 days before the draft is asinine.

When there is long travel like this it should be 2-3-2 not 2-2-1-1-1. Would have shaved 4 days off the length of this series.

Reactions: Zman5778
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad