Speculation: 2024-25 Free Agency/Trade Thread (Free Agency Frenzy July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
So basically what we’re working with now?
Exactly, almost a carbon copy. Not sure I would bother rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, and what I mean by that is if we're making trades to improve defense we need to make it much better. These trades just to have basically thr same outcome seems pointless.

There will be some improvement from some young guys, but barring an extraordinary circumstances we're talking about baby steps.

• Haha
Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Exactly, almost a carbon copy. Not sure I would bother rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, and what I mean by that is if we're making trades to improve defense we need to make it much better. These trades just to have basically thr same outcome seems pointless.

There will be some improvement from some young guys, but barring an extraordinary circumstances we're talking about baby steps.
I think that defense is overall better than what we have now…. More balanced … still lacks a #1 but hopefully in time 1 of the young guys can be that.

Gives all 3 young guys protection on the ice for them… I don’t hate it, I don’t love it…. But what we need on defense isn’t practical via free agency/trade we just got to hope some of our young guys take those steps

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Fair. I do prefer Pesce or Roy to Trouba. They're more reliable defensively. Pair either with Fowler for help in the difficult minutes as the young guys all grow.
Oh absolutely. But they're going to be chased by a lot of people. Trouba not as many that can give the Rangers cap relief.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
With Saros off the market, it seems to me that if Gibson is traded it is likely to be this weekend. Teams that need a veteran 1A goalie are going to have to move quickly or be left with worse options. The market supply is suddenly very small.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
Ohhh... finally, a RD that might become available. But it does feel Roy is wanting a big payday. I thought with LA trading away PLD, then they gained a few million to help keep many players. Guess they're making room for RD Clarke. Doughty is gonna cry again.
Yeah, it's feeling inevitable that if we want that RD upgrade anytime soon we're going to have to swing a trade somehow. Teams aren't letting these guys hit free agency.

Roy is going to have a lot of suitors. He'd be an awesome fit, but I feel like someone that shouldn't be us is going to throw a lot of money and years at him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad