GDT: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread , Free Agency Frenzy, July 1st @ 9am PT

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
I’m a bit surprised we weren’t in on any of the trades today.

I have always felt that this was the year Verbeek had pegged to start turning the corner and going for it. I don’t know if he would have included the 2nd in the Gauthier trade if he felt it was probable we would be a bottom dweller again next year.

We have a lot of work to get out of the basement and I expected us to be busy, but now I’m not so sure.

Reactions: Kalv

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I just get the feeling that Anaheim is going to land Marchesaault on Monday. He is a perfect fit here the next 3-4 years
Hoping for marcheassault + Roy on Monday

Tho idk how roy is going to fair.... hell likely get 7 x 6mil offers... and i dont know that id sign him 8 years.

Hell be 30 by end of next season... i think id only want to give him 5 years top

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No one can sign him for 8 years. Only the Kings could have.
Ya meant to type 7, the offer was correct just clicked 8 instead of 7 on the last part.

But idk that id be comfortable giving him 7 regardless, would rather pay a bit more to keep him at 5 or 6.

Reactions: ADHB

Dostwall

Jun 17, 2024
So if the Ducks are looking for a top six, right shot RW in free agency, these would appear to be the options:

Reinhart
Stamkos
Marchessault
Toffoli
Perron
Roslovic
Arvidsson

Not sure if Roslovic qualifies as a top six guy, but I think he’d be the “fall back” option if they can’t land any of the bigger names.

Reactions: Static

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
So if the Ducks are looking for a top six, right shot RW in free agency, these would appear to be the options:

Reinhart
Stamkos
Marchessault
Toffoli
Perron
Roslovic
Arvidsson

Not sure if Roslovic qualifies as a top six guy, but I think he’d be the “fall back” option if they can’t land any of the bigger names.
Some really handsome and cool guy wrote about the best right-shot offseason targets if you want to read more about most of the names on that list.
And another one on the right-shot defensemen (though a couple of them have been signed since it was posted).

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
1 short term RW (2 years max) and 1 longer term RHD (5-6 years) please! We have Colangelo and Sennecke who might be ready in the next year or two (maybe 3 years for Sennecke). Vatrano has a year left, Strome and Killorn have 3 left, Strome the only one that's a RW though. Luneau, Hinds, and Solberg should be ready in the next 1-3 years.

Forward is easier to accommodate, Strome can play 4C for a year if Colangelo plays his way into the lineup. Sennecke won't be here full time for at least 2 years probably. There would be 1 year where Luneau is struggling to get minutes until Fowler/Gudas are FA'S unless Fowler or LaCombe are moved (if he plays that well). There will also be injuries for extra minutes for those guys.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
1 short term RW (2 years max) and 1 longer term RHD (5-6 years) please! We have Colangelo and Sennecke who might be ready in the next year or two (maybe 3 years for Sennecke). Vatrano has a year left, Strome and Killorn have 3 left, Strome the only one that's a RW though. Luneau, Hinds, and Solberg should be ready in the next 1-3 years.

Forward is easier to accommodate, Strome can play 4C for a year if Colangelo plays his way into the lineup. Sennecke won't be here full time for at least 2 years probably. There would be 1 year where Luneau is struggling to get minutes until Fowler/Gudas are FA'S unless Fowler or LaCombe are moved (if he plays that well). There will also be injuries for extra minutes for those guys.
In a perfect world
Marchessault on a 3 year deal
Roy on a 5 year deal
A penalty killing 3/4c
- trade gibson

Yeah, or that short.

I honestly would love to get Stamkos on like a 3 year contract. But I think Nashville will beat us to the punch and offer longer term.
I’d go high money low term… but I imagine Nashville will give him term and good money

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad