NHL Around the NHL - Regular Season 2017-18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Montreal signed Drouin, but are somehow a lot worse than they were last season. I swear to god if they tank and draft Dahlin i quit.

Never gonna happen, be happy they appear to be striving for over confident mediocre purgatory.

We all know this place too well, let's hope we are over the hump as they struggle to reach the summit.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Don't think anyone has mentioned it, but Jumbo returning to SJ for $8m (1 year)...

:laugh:

I mean, if they're not going to use the cap space, it's fine, but jeesh... Going away present, much?

He and Marleau are likely the biggest winners of the Free Agent Frenzy. :laugh:

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I get that Kruger is slightly overpaid and may not fit the cap(which is again DS fault), but why wouldn't you give a late round pick for him? Really solid bottom 6 guy.

He puts up less then 20 points a year....and makes over $3mill. Vegas should be happy they were able to get rid of him.

Also, we dont need our bottom 6 players making over $3mill each.

Carolina - Another team that loves Chicago players lol

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I get that Kruger is slightly overpaid and may not fit the cap(which is again DS fault), but why wouldn't you give a late round pick for him? Really solid bottom 6 guy.

He puts up less then 20 points a year....and makes over $3mill. Vegas should be happy they were able to get rid of him.

Also, we dont need our bottom 6 players making over $3mill each.

Carolina - Another team that loves Chicago players lol

Agreed. The B's have PLENTY of good Bottom 6 players and they all make a lot less than Kruger (except Beleskey :laugh:).

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So annoying, Burakovsky would have been sweet here if they couldn't sign him. Must mean someone else at the Caps is on their way out.

Boy are they up against the cap, I ran a Cap Friendly sim and after re-signing Grubauer for 2.0 per, I filled out the rest of the roster with guys between 600-700k, and still only ended up with 250k in cap space.

Just looking at their roster, you have to think Lars Eller is not long for Washington, seems like the most logical contract to move (good luck shedding Orpik's deal).

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Boy are they up against the cap, I ran a Cap Friendly sim and after re-signing Grubauer for 2.0 per, I filled out the rest of the roster with guys between 600-700k, and still only ended up with 250k in cap space.

Just looking at their roster, you have to think Lars Eller is not long for Washington, seems like the most logical contract to move (good luck shedding Orpik's deal).

If the B's moved Spooner, I think Eller would be a good fit in Boston.

Spooner to ARI for Reider.

Pick/prospect to WAS for Eller.

Reider goes on either Bergeron's or Krejci's wing. Actually if you acquired Reider and did that, Backes could go to C and you don't need Eller :laugh:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Reider goes on either Bergeron's or Krejci's wing. Actually if you acquired Reider and did that, Backes could go to C and you don't need Eller :laugh:

I wouldn't mind buying low on Eller, they sold low on Johansson. Eller came into Washington for two 2nds so the price to get him out of a Caps team with salary problems should be lower than that. He's a UFA next summer so the Bruins wouldn't be a long-term commitment.

Then move on from Spooner one way or another. Recoup a pick to replace the pick they would send to Washington to bring in Eller by dealing Spooner.

A 2nd to Washington for Eller, then try and pry a 2nd out of another team for Spooner.

At least they would get a natural C in Eller as oppose to Spooner who is just a C in his own mind.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

you do realize Edmonton is the one who bombed on Tobias Rieder, and gave him away to Arizona, and I'll bet he terrorized Providence:laugh:

S A W F T*

I'm just glad Radulov is out of Montreal!

This offseason is dragging too slow!

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Edmonton will be holding a press conference at 3pm ET. More than likely they will be announcing McDavid's extension, which is now rumored to be a slightly lower AAV than has been reported in the past few days.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Edmonton will be holding a press conference at 3pm ET. More than likely they will be announcing McDavid's extension, which is now rumored to be a slightly lower AAV than has been reported in the past few days.

I heard 13.5 a year, which is 17.7% of the cap. While it sounds crazy, when Chara signed his 7.5m a year deal with Boston, it was 17.1% of the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad