NHL Around the NHL - Regular Season 2017-18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Buffalo upgraded today so they might be in the hunt, Toronto is only going to get better.

Montreal might be forced to do the unthinkable and trade Price especially if he signals he doesn't think he can win a Cup there. They have no prospects of note in the pipeline.

You have to wonder what goes through Price's head if Radulov and Markov end up walking, and Montreal doesn't add anything of significance.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
You have to wonder what goes through Price's head if Radulov and Markov end up walking, and Montreal doesn't add anything of significance.

Marc Bergevin will do something drastic tomorrow as the worst thing he can do is nothing with that fanbase.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Marc Bergevin will do something drastic tomorrow as the worst thing he can do is nothing with that fanbase.

Probably but I wonder what can he really do with a pretty awful UFA class. Their two best D are right-shots, I can't see them a contender for Shattenkirk. The best forward is their own guy who appears not to be returning.

He could trade Galchenyuk, but I think if he has found the right return for him, he'd be gone already.

Not going to lie, I'm liking this predicament the Habs find themselves in.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Montreal is losing Radulov, Price may warrant close to $10M AAV for his next contract, they are in on Alzner who wants 6 years, there's a chance they start the season without two top 6 centers, they have no A/B-level ready prospects for the next 2-3 seasons, Claude hates Galchenyuk, and Claude will hate Drouin. Montreal is so screwed, and I'm loving every minute of it.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Probably but I wonder what can he really do with a pretty awful UFA class. Their two best D are right-shots, I can't see them a contender for Shattenkirk. The best forward is their own guy who appears not to be returning.

He could trade Galchenyuk, but I think if he has found the right return for him, he'd be gone already.

Not going to lie, I'm liking this predicament the Habs find themselves in.

ive wanted very bad things to happen to montreal, buffalo, and vancouver for over 30 years now. luckily between them they have only 1 cup in 30 years

buffalo 4 playoff appearences in 15 years, vsncouver 11 in 20 years and montreal 11 in 18... so ive had happy times celebrating their misery

but

i hate montreal because they beat us too often. we should be careful having fun if they lose radulov or markov or even price because scrubs like steve penny and steve begin beat us wearing that hated uniform

i shed no tears for their problems but i respect the hell out of juliens ability to coach team defense. we fool ourselves if we think they will be easy this year

as for buffalo... i dont see them making alot of good moves. i doubt they are turnung the corner even with eichel

and vancouver would be the worst run organization in nhl right now except arizona and colorado havent bern mercy killed yet

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
montreal is losing radulov, price may warrant close to $10m aav for his next contract, they are in on alzner who wants 6 years, there's a chance they start the season without two top 6 centers, they have no a/b-level ready prospects for the next 2-3 seasons, claude hates galchenyuk, and claude will hate drouin. Montreal is so screwed, and i'm loving every minute of it.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

dont we get upset when players chase a cup? in basketball i hear so many fans complain.

i remember vancouver fans freaked out louongo would leave if the team didnt improve... those same fans were trying to drive him to the airport 3 years later

i mean if a guy wants to leave and hes a ufa then he has that right... but if hes signed to a contract i dont care what he thinks. in fact, its kind of his job to give his team a chance to win. canuck fans got so worried about louongo but at crunch time it was him that let his team down

any hockey player making 10 times what i earn doesn't get my sympathy if he happens to be on a losing team and they all make more than that

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
dont we get upset when players chase a cup? in basketball i hear so many fans complain.

i remember vancouver fans freaked out louongo would leave if the team didnt improve... those same fans were trying to drive him to the airport 3 years later

i mean if a guy wants to leave and hes a ufa then he has that right... but if hes signed to a contract i dont care what he thinks. in fact, its kind of his job to give his team a chance to win. canuck fans got so worried about louongo but at crunch time it was him that let his team down

any hockey player making 10 times what i earn doesn't get my sympathy if he happens to be on a losing team and they all make more than that

I don't get upset when guys want to chase a cup, or a NBA title. These guys can do what they want.

Just saying I wonder how eager Price will be to re-sign in Montreal with a team that looked like it's window had about one more real shot if they made some more adds, and now if they lose Radulov and Markov without bringing anyone in, that one-year window might already be closed.

They'll be competitive, but so is 95% of the league these days.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

if the Habs don`t add a significant piece I can see Price evaluating things but from all accounts, Radulov wants term and I would guess most organizations are weary of giving him that and Markov looking for 6 sheets a year is ludicrous.

I think Price has a pretty good head for the business side of things and would understand if the Habs don`t sign either but if they are done for this summer in adding, that will have him thinking about how committed they truly are IMO

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Love that Price deal.
Montreal is going nowhere while playing 10.5M for goalie.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Bruins have a far brighter future than Poutineville.

Price knows it can all end tomorrow with an injury so why risk waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad