NHL Around the NHL - Regular Season 2017-18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
The only two I possibly take over him to win a big game are Murray and Quick, and Murray is stretching it.

Is there one person alive that would take Cam Talbot or Devan Dubnyk as their goalie over Rask?

Price and Holtby are I guess "better", but only in the regular season.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The only two I possibly take over him to win a big game are Murray and Quick, and Murray is stretching it.

Is there one person alive that would take Cam Talbot or Devan Dubnyk as their goalie over Rask?

There may well be several.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Really sad to hear of Brian Murray's passing, he showed great courage in his battle with cancer.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

With the Bruins defense getting better I expect their GAA to be top 10, top 1/3rd and likely top 5

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland

Price's regular season stats are not better than Tuukku's..Past season their record of 37-20-5 were identical and their GAA of 2.23 was identical. While Price had a better save%, Rask had 8 SO to Carey's 3..

Career wise Price's GAA is 2.40, save % of .920
Rask's GAA is 2.24 save % of .923
Holtby's GAA is 2.31 save % of .922

So career wise, Rask is better than both and his stats prove it. Nothing whatsoever against you my friend, but I'm so tired of defending Rask when people say Price is the best goaltender in the world and head over heels over Rask. Where's the proof??

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Price's regular season stats are not better than Tuukku's..Past season their record of 37-20-5 were identical and their GAA of 2.23 was identical. While Price had a better save%, Rask had 8 SO to Carey's 3..

Career wise Price's GAA is 2.40, save % of .920
Rask's GAA is 2.24 save % of .923
Holtby's GAA is 2.31 save % of .922

So career wise, Rask is better than both and his stats prove it. Nothing whatsoever against you my friend, but I'm so tired of defending Rask when people say Price is the best goaltender in the world and head over heels over Rask. Where's the proof??

It shouldnt even be a debate. However....Price has played wayyyyyyyyyy more games than Tuukka, just something to consider in the analysis. But people still crapping on Rask need to find a new horse.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
You have a good eye for detail! None the less, what would you have recommended for viewing? Think "March of the Penguins" would have been most appropriate. ;)

Actually I have a good eye for the comments section, as that was the, uh, last thing I noticed. ;)

I would imagine Murray chose something not hockey related, considering he's played one full NHL season and yet has won two Stanley Cups. It's a very short off season for the Cup winner, and it's already winding down.

He may be cleansing his ears from all that awful country music he was subjected to in Nashville, so he may have put on something infinitely better, like a Nickelback Live DVD. ;)

Kidding aside, on the NHL Network program of the top 10 goalies, EJ Hradek repeatedly stated, based solely on recent play, he'd have put Murray #1. Back-to-back shutouts to clinch a Cup with an injured defense - impressive.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Actually I have a good eye for the comments section, as that was the, uh, last thing I noticed. ;)

I would imagine Murray chose something not hockey related, considering he's played one full NHL season and yet has won two Stanley Cups. It's a very short off season for the Cup winner, and it's already winding down.

He may be cleansing his ears from all that awful country music he was subjected to in Nashville, so he may have put on something infinitely better, like a Nickelback Live DVD. ;)

Kidding aside, on the NHL Network program of the top 10 goalies, EJ Hradek repeatedly stated, based solely on recent play, he'd have put Murray #1. Back-to-back shutouts to clinch a Cup with an injured defense - impressive.

Murray has the one important piece of info on his resume that sets him apart from his peers at this moment. Two Stanley Cups in consecutive years, with questionable D cores in front of him as you point out. Winning can silence many critics.

Last edited:

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Kessel shows he has a sense of hunor by embracing his hot dog label. Not a bad way to respond to his critics. Compliments of CBC Sports.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/phil-kessel-hot-dog-instagram-1.4247092

He who laughs last, laughs best. ;)

I always thought the criticisms of Kessel's conditioning were based more on aesthetics than athletics; but as we've seen with numerous athletes in different sports, looks can be deceiving. His speed and shot were key factors in back-to-back Cups.

So the Toronto media thought he ate his way out of town? Now he's eating hot dogs out of the Stanley Cup. And as the article stated, he had three hot dogs, so he's already thinking repeat.

And speaking of the Toronto/hockey media, in the next NHL Network series, they took a poll on the 50 best moments of the past season.

Hornqvist's triumphant goal against his former team with under two minutes left to clinch the first repeat Cup champion in 19 years only came in third.

Auston Matthews' opening night heroics was #1.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
going to be fascinating to watch the Leafs sign their core

I have 8 Leafs at about $52 M when all is said and done and needing

9 forwards
4 defenseman
1 goalie

figure 14 players with about 20 something million to sign:laugh:

known for next few years

Zaitsev $4.5
Reilly $5
Kadri $4.5
Andersson $5

total $19 M for 1 forward, 2 defenseman, 1 goalie

my projections

Matthews 11 M
Nylander 8 M
Marner 8 M
Gardner $6 M

total $33 M

all together $52 M needing 2/3 second line and 6 bottom six forwards

I don't see the depth the Leafs fans are talking about in their farm system but hockey is my third sport so maybe I am missing something studying their organ-I-zation

bottom line is they are going to be screwed and its going to be nice to watch as a Bruins fan

Winnipeg looks even in worse shape trying to sign their kids

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia

9 forwards
4 defenseman
1 goalie

known for next few years

Zaitsev $4.5
Reilly $5
Kadri $4.5
Andersson $5

my projections

Matthews 11 M
Nylander 8 M
Marner 8 M
Gardner $6 M

total $33 M

I don't see the depth the Leafs fans are talking about in their farm system but hockey is my third sport so maybe I am missing something studying their organ-I-zation

bottom line is they are going to be screwed and its going to be nice to watch as a Bruins fan

One of the realities in the cap era especially for teams who continually draft high end prospects over several years in succession. Edmonton was one of the first to get caught in a similar bind. They paid a number of potential star players top dollars at a young age that fuelled their dilemma. The strategy seemed to be a concerted effort to tie up significant amounts of money in high end forwards while still hanging out in the bottom of the league. They showed tremendous reluctance to make moves to address the situation. It being unavoidable has become the rule for many clubs and no longer the exception. The Leafs will have to move players and or contracts in the very near future to address their impending cap bind.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

9 forwards
4 defenseman
1 goalie

known for next few years

Zaitsev $4.5
Reilly $5
Kadri $4.5
Andersson $5

my projections

Matthews 11 M
Nylander 8 M
Marner 8 M
Gardner $6 M

total $33 M

Agreed... 5-6 weeks ago i pointed out leafs have a huge problem based on these contracts they are giving to 3rd liners and middle pair dmen. I was told i know nothing... but this is going to become a MAJOR STORY

when leafs are forced to start selling off their young stars for cap reasons, their tv ownership is going to ask nhl why are we paying tv money to support the league when our own team has gone 50 years without a cup and now we cant afford to kerp our kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad