NHL Around the NHL - Regular Season 2017-18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The new Red Wings arena looks awesome

21077343_10213000476299321_6032716642665485624_n.jpg

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
In honor of the sweetheart, bull**** deal Detroit gave a billionaire so taxpayers could buy him a new arena they couldn't afford, every seat should be named after a civic works project that had to be scraped because of the place.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
In honor of the sweetheart, bull**** deal Detroit gave a billionaire so taxpayers could buy him a new arena they couldn't afford, every seat should be named after a civic works project that had to be scraped because of the place.

This. When I first heard Detroit was getting a new arena I was baffled. I dont live in America and I could be absolute wrong here, but isn't the state of Michigan financially ****ed?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/air-canada-centre-changing-name-scotiabank-arena-next-summer/

The home of the Maple Leafs and Raptors is getting a new name.

Air Canada Centre will become Scotiabank Arena when a 20-year agreement between the bank and Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment takes effect next July 1.

“It will be a change,†said Dave Hopkinson, MLSE’s chief commercial officer. “It will be a change to the landscape of Toronto.â€

The building has only had one moniker since opening its doors in 1999. The sides declined to reveal the financial aspects of their agreement, but it’s safe to assume it’s worth astronomically more than the $30-million Air Canada paid on the original 20-year deal. Sources indicate the total value of this deal is approximately $800 million.

Recent naming rights for Citi Field in New York and Barclays Center in Brooklyn sold for $20-million per year, according to a report in the New York Times.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Leafs fans are down right gitty with the possibilities this season may hold, as the franchise celebrates its centennial at that, with the uber young talent on its roster. To New Bruinswick farmers creatively capture that sentiment.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/matthews-marner-featured-corn-maze-celebrating-leafs-centennial/

nice find

They have every right to finally be giddy, that`s a fantastic looking young team. The challenge for them will be, sooner than later, keeping them intact with all that solid talent, at some point, demanding big raises but until then, IMO, they have the potential to be very legit contenders soon.

They are an absolute blast to watch, entertaining. I think about the only thing that could really prohibit them from being big players in the Cup race or playing towards the playoffs is health. I am not sure I`ve seen a team like their`s last year be so healthy. I think Marner missed a bit of time and O`Reilly too but neither for a super long stretch, that team was remarkably healthy and we all know that isn`t the norm.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
nice find

They have every right to finally be giddy, that`s a fantastic looking young team. The challenge for them will be, sooner than later, keeping them intact with all that solid talent, at some point, demanding big raises but until then, IMO, they have the potential to be very legit contenders soon.

They are an absolute blast to watch, entertaining. I think about the only thing that could really prohibit them from being big players in the Cup race or playing towards the playoffs is health. I am not sure I`ve seen a team like their`s last year be so healthy. I think Marner missed a bit of time and O`Reilly too but neither for a super long stretch, that team was remarkably healthy and we all know that isn`t the norm.

Fun to watch for sure. With Lamoriello, Babcock and the often overlooked Hunter at the helm the future looks very bright for the long suffering fan base. Believe they still have to find that stud defenceman and develope or acquire a younger keeper for the longer term as a replacement for Anderson in time. Otherwise pieces a plenty available to grow.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Hate the offside challenge rule change. They have issues getting it right as is, now a penalty on top of a possible **** up?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Hate the offside challenge rule change. They have issues getting it right as is, now a penalty on top of a possible **** up?

It's intended to act as a deterrent, so coaches think twice about challenging the ticky-tack off-side calls.

Will it work? We will see.

I'd prefer if they just got rid of it altogether. I think it has been a disaster.

But the alternative (status quo) was an even worse option.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
It's intended to act as a deterrent, so coaches think twice about challenging the ticky-tack off-side calls.

Will it work? We will see.

I'd prefer if they just got rid of it altogether. I think it has been a disaster.

But the alternative (status quo) was an even worse option.

I know why they did it. But we have seen them get it wrong after review. Now they want to add an extra punishment to already ****ing it up? That seems like the wrong direction to take this. If you really want to deter it just call it a failure and get rid of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad