Around the NHL: PTO Season Becomes Waiver Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Bad look to litter the ice. If you’re mad about the refs catch them in the parking garage

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
What a shit hole the state of Florida is, why throw shit on the ice

Agreed on Florida’s shithole status, but it’s not like Heat fans are pulling this crap. It’s hockey fans. Florida may be worse than most, but let’s not pretend the same hasn’t happened or wouldn’t happen in other places.

alehman42

Sponsor
Apr 13, 2015
Oh look, Panthers gooning it up after they lose. Color me shocked.
Seriously, I can't be the only one on this board who's been rooting for Vegas this series. I don't have the animosity towards Eichel that many of you seem to, and Florida has more than its share of scummy unlikable players.

(Also: as a gay man I cannot in good conscience root for anything Florida-related at the moment. Or Texas in the previous round. Yes, my rooting interest is in part based on where I can safely make out in public. Sue me 😂)

But honestly...I'm mostly rooting for a short series. I dislike both teams, and would rather just move on to off-season news.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Seriously, I can't be the only one on this board who's been rooting for Vegas this series. I don't have the animosity towards Eichel that many of you seem to, and Florida has more than its share of scummy unlikable players.

(Also: as a gay man I cannot in good conscience root for anything Florida-related at the moment. Or Texas in the previous round. Yes, my rooting interest is in part based on where I can safely make out in public. Sue me 😂)

But honestly...I'm mostly rooting for a short series. I dislike both teams, and would rather just move on to off-season news.
Vegas is dirty as hell too, they do it in a Tampa type way. Florida just doesn't try to hide it. I don't blame you on the Florida/Texas piece either, but at least Miami is somewhat an outlier.

I just can't stomach seeing Eichel hoist a cup, similar to Gilmore getting a Lombardi

Let’s wrap this series up and get the off-season going
Let's give it like 10 days or so and circle back

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Vegas is dirty as hell too, they do it in a Tampa type way. Florida just doesn't try to hide it. I don't blame you on the Florida/Texas piece either, but at least Miami is somewhat an outlier.

I just can't stomach seeing Eichel hoist a cup, similar to Gilmore getting a Lombardi

Let's give it like 10 days or so and circle back
Just end the season now. No cup this year. Everybody is winner, having fun is most important anyways

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Give me a God damn break.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006

We all know Eichel didn’t build Vegas. They were cup team before he got there. Honestly let’s just get it over with so we can all move on.

Reactions: brian_griffin

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua

This has amusing double meaning to a Kiwi (or Aussie).

Reactions: alehman42

alehman42

Sponsor
Apr 13, 2015

🍆👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨🍆

I made like 5 efforts to find the best Owen Power photo, but HF is making it difficult for me to post the one I want.

For reference:
1) Owen Power
2) JJ Peterka
3) Have I mentioned Owen Power?
4) Ukka-Pekka Luukkonen
5) I just want to make sure I haven't forgotten Owen Power ...

Also: Owen Power 😍😍😍

Last edited:

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
🍆👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨🍆

I made like 5 efforts to find the best Owen Power photo, but HF is making it difficult for me to post the one I want.

For reference:
1) Owen Power
2) JJ Peterka
3) Have I mentioned Owen Power?
4) Ukka-Pekka Luukkonen
5) I just want to make sure I haven't forgotten Owen Power ...

Also: Owen Power 😍😍😍
Is that your order of rooting interest? :)

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I don't really blame you, my rooting interest isn't completely disconnected from where I'm allowed to exist in public.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I don't really blame you, my rooting interest isn't completely disconnected from where I'm allowed to exist in public.

Ya, I’ll voice my support for that take and largely leave it there. Personally I disconnect the two. I also am not being legislated against or vilified by the government.

Anywho, disappointed by Florida’s efforts so far. Tkachuk playing hurt doesn’t help, he’s making bad mistakes and the good parts of his game aren’t there, currently.

Reactions: KiwiGriff

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
What a shit hole the state of Florida is, why throw shit on the ice
Maybe they want it to look like SF or Portland with "paraphernalia" littering the ground everywhere 🤔

I can't be the only one pissed off about a 6 year expansion team winning the cup after only missing the playoffs once in their life? Meanwhile in Buffalo, Toronto and Vancouver, we wait a half century and counting...Joke league.

Last edited:

MilkshakeMan

Apr 22, 2022
Maybe they want it to look like SF or Portland with "paraphernalia" littering the ground everywhere 🤔

I can't be the only one pissed off about a 6 year expansion team winning the cup after only missing the playoffs once in their life? Meanwhile in Buffalo, Toronto and Vancouver, we wait a half century and counting...Joke league.

"Growing the game"

When I hear that, I think "bending over backwards for teams in non-traditional (i.e. sunbelt/warm weather teams) markets while spitting in the face of fans in loyal, hockey-rich ones - because we know those chumps will eat our product up, no matter how successful or unsuccessful."

Yotes are a prime example. If any Canadian team had the kind of financial issues the Yotes have had the last 15 years, they would've relocated 10 years ago. I'm honestly surprised they allowed the Thrashers to move to Winnipeg, but Atlanta has failed twice as a hockey market and there are already whispers of a third (which would be asinine).

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

My HS had an Australian exchange student in the early '80's and during a field trip to see the local baseball team with the class, she was appalled by the lyrics to "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" being sung during the 7th inning stretch.

• Haha
Reactions: TheMistyStranger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad