Around the NHL: PTO Season Becomes Waiver Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Werenski, Provorov, Boqvist, Severson, Peeke, Bean, Jiricek, Mateychuk, Svozil, Ceuelmans… wtf

Given their aggression, they likely will use those excess D to improve their forward group.

Give Babcock and a good D, a decent goalie, and a workable forward group.

They are going to win a bunch of games next year. Might not have enough scoring punch for the playoffs, but they are going to get a big bump.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
So Clb will have Severson, Gudbranson, Peeke, Boqvist, and pretty soon Jiricek as RHDs. Which player do they put on the trade block? I have to assume that Gudbranson would be available, but not sure he's worth Buffalo's interest.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
So Clb will have Severson, Gudbranson, Peeke, Boqvist, and pretty soon Jiricek as RHDs. Which player do they put on the trade block? I have to assume that Gudbranson would be available, but not sure he's worth Buffalo's interest.

My guess is Peeke is the one that shakes loose. Bjork might also be another candidate to shake loose, but he’s more of a depth dman.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
My guess is Peeke is the one that shakes loose. Bjork might also be another candidate to shake loose, but he’s more of a depth dman.
I'm not opposed to Peeke, as he is semi-physical and durable and PKs a lot. But he's best for now as a 3rd pair guy. Not sure he has enough room to improve as a 2nd pair, but he could at least fill Lyubushkin's minutes after his contract expires.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I'm not opposed to Peeke, as he is semi-physical and durable and PKs a lot. But he's best for now as a 3rd pair guy. Not sure he has enough room to improve as a 2nd pair, but he could at least fill Lyubushkin's minutes after his contract expires.

He’s still young, as he’s only 24. I’m more interested in his defensive impact than any offence. Even a year ago he was on their first pairing with Werenski. Or at least was in the few Columbus games I saw.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
At least if they played Hasek instead of an obviously injured Fuhr in the second round.

LaFontaine's knee ligament that was partially torn finally snapped. Mogilny broke a leg back-checking on Kirk Muller. Fuhr was hurt and played, Hawerchuk was hurt by a Damphousse high stick that smashed open his face and teeth and he played. They were really close.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
LaFontaine's knee ligament that was partially torn finally snapped. Mogilny broke a leg back-checking on Kirk Muller. Fuhr was hurt and played, Hawerchuk was hurt by a Damphousse high stick that smashed open his face and teeth and he played. They were really close.

Even injured and without Patty and Alex Hawerchuk was a beast. He almost carried the entire team to the third round.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Given their aggression, they likely will use those excess D to improve their forward group.

Give Babcock and a good D, a decent goalie, and a workable forward group.

They are going to win a bunch of games next year. Might not have enough scoring punch for the playoffs, but they are going to get a big bump.
I mean- Babcock was a great coach when he had Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Lidstrom. He apparently needed two dominant HOF centers and a top-10 D man ever to succeed. He didn't do squat with a Maple Leafs team that was budding with young talent.

He does get credit for developing that Red Wings squad, but his failure in Toronto dampens his legacy for me.

Let's see what he does with Columbus, but I dont view him as this coaching guru like many do.

Reactions: Kevbeau
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad