Around the NHL: PTO Season Becomes Waiver Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Apparently Duffer and Biron are very highly rated. Dan and Ray do decent in small doses I suppose. The local market rates it way lower than national.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Would love to hear the “logic“ on why the fans deserve shitty teams here.
Where did I say, during those exchanges, that the team was shitty? Sure, I'm more pessimistic than others, but I just said the fans deserved the team they currently have.

But, I don't see how the Buffalo fans, that sell their tickets to those fans for Montreal, Toronto to make their money back from outside markets, instead of going to the games against their rivals, that don't show up to the games for one of their better recent seasons, deserve anything better than what they have.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Meant to post this earlier, but even though I think Eichel has some pitiful personality traits that boiled over upon leaving the Sabres, he's shown some growth in his game and sure as hell handled that big hit from Tkachuk like a boss. Not just physically coming back to play but to shrug it off as a part of hockey and acknowledging that it was a clean hit. Major props to him for having a good season, great playoff, getting a bit of the McDavid monkey off his back, and showing physical and mental maturity. Wish it could have happened in Buffalo but I'm not going to be THAT salty about his post-Sabres success/failure.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Where did I say, during those exchanges, that the team was shitty? Sure, I'm more pessimistic than others, but I just said the fans deserved the team they currently have.

But, I don't see how the Buffalo fans, that sell their tickets to those fans for Montreal, Toronto to make their money back from outside markets, instead of going to the games against their rivals, that don't show up to the games for one of their better recent seasons, deserve anything better than what they have.
Has it dawned on you that for most of those people flipping those games is the only way they can afford to pay for season tickets in the first place (particularly with the local economy being pretty dogshit)?

Reactions: WhereAreTheCookies

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008

yikes

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Has it dawned on you that for most of those people flipping those games is the only way they can afford to pay for season tickets in the first place (particularly with the local economy being pretty dogshit)?
Then if you can’t afford them, don’t buy them. Let people who can afford them, off the waiting list.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Glad to know I deserve a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in 12 years and hasn't won a round since 2007 because some season ticket holders can't make it to every game and choose to sell some tickets. What was I thinking?

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
It hasn't existed since roughly 2016, possibly because we have been on the single worst run in the entire history of the sport of hockey.
I was going to say "Unpossible! Have you not heard of the Arizona Coyotes" but then I looked and they have actually been to the playoffs twice in the past 12 seasons.

So there you are.... we're a worse franchise than the Coyotes.

I'm going to go drink away my sorrows now.

• Wow
Reactions: sabremike

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I was going to say "Unpossible! Have you not heard of the Arizona Coyotes" but then I looked and they have actually been to the playoffs twice in the past 12 seasons.

So there you are.... we're a worse franchise than the Coyotes.

I'm going to go drink away my sorrows now.
It’s the fans fault thought

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
TNT either putting the crowd noise way down or everyone in the Florida crowd needs a megaphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad