Around the NHL: Post-Draft and Free Agent Frenzy

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
They're both similar but the '47 Clean Up fits me better and also "molds" to my head better over time.

I like the head fit of New Era, I just hate how vertical the front of the hat is. To me it elongates my head.

I remember with the old Starter hats you could cut out the interior mesh and it would fix that problem.

Reactions: Digable5

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
One of the few good things I will say about Terry Pegula is that he would never even consider hiring someone like Stan Bowman.
Again ignoring the galaxy-sized elephant.......if Terry fires Kevyn, this is EXACTLY the type of hire I'd expect -- an experienced GM who wasn't good in his last stop(s).

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Again ignoring the galaxy-sized elephant.......if Terry fires Kevyn, this is EXACTLY the type of hire I'd expect -- an experienced GM who wasn't good in his last stop(s).
It is one thing to hire someone who is bad at their job. It's another to hire someone who is a complete moral failure who did something as vile as Bowman.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Let's ignore the planet-sized elephant for a second.........dude was straight-up not a very good GM with Chicago.
GMs are difficult to assess. I thought Ken Holland was absolutely awful for Detroit...and was mostly pretty bad in Edmonton too, considering what he was working with. But he ended up bringing that team to the finals, so...

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Met him after he played in Buffalo, got his autograph in an old NHL Guide and Record Book that I think got donated to a used book store or something. It was weird with him as a Nord for sure.

Also weird that new Edmonton boss man Jeff Jackson was on that Nordique squad.
I'd like Jeff Jackson as GM for the Sabres after or during this season.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Let's ignore the planet-sized elephant for a second.........dude was straight-up not a very good GM with Chicago.

Addressing the elephant, f*** the Oilers for hiring Bowman, I hope that organize goes to pieces with him at the helm. Guy shouldn't even be allowed in the league, much less serving as an executive.

Reactions: Zman5778

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Hey Mike, do you have any recommendations for the best/favorite seats at MSG? About to buy tickets to the game here in November. Thanks
Depends on what you are looking for. There really aren't any bad/obstructed seats as far as view of the ice except some in the blue seats behind the goal. The top 10 or so rows on both sides have the scoreboard obstructed but have huge screens attached to the bridges mirroring the scoreboard and a perfect view of the ice. The bridge seats on both sides and the 400's behind the goal above the blue seats are nice if you have nostalgia for the absurdly steep seats at the top of the Aud.

Reactions: HaNotsri

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Depends on what you are looking for. There really aren't any bad/obstructed seats as far as view of the ice except some in the blue seats behind the goal. The top 10 or so rows on both sides have the scoreboard obstructed but have huge screens attached to the bridges mirroring the scoreboard and a perfect view of the ice. The bridge seats on both sides and the 400's behind the goal above the blue seats are nice if you have nostalgia for the absurdly steep seats at the top of the Aud.
Thanks so much for the feedback! I usually buy tickets from a season ticket-holding co-worker (had them since 1980), so I've never had a choice before. This helps a lot, thanks.

Reactions: sabremike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad