RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
The person sharing those advanced stats has a history of bad faith slandering of Michkov in order to hype up lesser prospects.

Even so, nothing sensitive about pushing back on an advanced stat decline when Michkov had pneumonia during the season and still was highly successful otherwise.
Interesting, he seems to call other poster out as being bad faith in other threads. 😲

Reactions: TheKrebsCycle

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Interesting, he seems to call other poster out as being bad faith in other threads. 😲
Guy is a blind Demidov fanboy . Needs to poke his nose in when anyone talks positively about Michkov or dares to say that a superior prospects might exist. Those “ advanced stats “ wreaks of over scouting ; happens occasionally when prospects are dominant for so long that nit picking invariably ensues .

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Seriously guys..... can we talk about Michkov with out mentioning Reinbacher, Demidov or the Habs? Why we need to compare them? They are different player playing for different team.

I can't wait to see Michkov first game. Do you know if he is going to start the season on the first line or second line?

Flyers next objective is probably to trade/signe/draft a elite center to play with Michkov.
We could, but "habs had reasons to not draft Michkov" was a story driver. There are no other topics about Arizona or SJ in this conversation because their fans are not trying to teach everybody how badly Michkov is a hockey player and as a person.

• Haha
Reactions: rahad and Xirik

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
Guy is a blind Demidov fanboy . Needs to poke his nose in when anyone talks positively about Michkov or dares to say that a superior prospects might exist. Those “ advanced stats “ wreaks of over scouting ; happens occasionally when prospects are dominant for so long that nit picking invariably ensues

Now this is what I visit HFBoards for. Advanced stats now reek of overscouting when it doesn't help your guy, that is some absolutely amazing spin. Good stuff.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Now this is what I visit HFBoards for. Advanced stats now reek of overscouting when it doesn't help your guy, that is some absolutely amazing spin. Good stuff.
Advanced stats are good stats until it doesn’t fit the narrative you created in your own head then they become useless and whoever dare post them is a hater and doesn’t know puck about the game.

Give the man the calder already. He earned it.

And for all the Michkov soy boy here, I do think he’s a top prospect and will have a good career in the NHL. Posting those stats doesn’t mean I think he will not have a career but it was worth mentioning in this thread that he regressed by a lot of metrics in his D+1x

I wish him the best in Philly though

• Haha
Reactions: viceroy and Xirik

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
We could, but "habs had reasons to not draft Michkov" was a story driver. There are no other topics about Arizona or SJ in this conversation because their fans are not trying to teach everybody how badly Michkov is a hockey player and as a person.
I bet if we searched this thread we’d find many more mentions of reinbacher vs simashev and smith

For whatever reason Montreal gets singled out as the team who passed on Michkov even though 5 other teams also didn’t select him

Reactions: viceroy and rahad

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Guy is a blind Demidov fanboy . Needs to poke his nose in when anyone talks positively about Michkov or dares to say that a superior prospects might exist. Those “ advanced stats “ wreaks of over scouting ; happens occasionally when prospects are dominant for so long that nit picking invariably ensues .
The level of hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness here is almost unfathomable. Truly amazing.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
at least you don't have Hughes Fanboy dgibb that is constantly polluting the Demidov thread with his goal per fart advanced stats on how amazing Hughes is. Count your blessings!

Reactions: viceroy

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I bet if we searched this thread we’d find many more mentions of reinbacher vs simashev and smith

For whatever reason Montreal gets singled out as the team who passed on Michkov even though 5 other teams also didn’t select him
Again, its a special part of mtl fanbase. I don't even talk about the whole fan base. You can read it. But I don't see reasons why. Its obvious and its a waste of time and it was from the beginning. But we are hockey fans and we like this stuff.

at least you don't have Hughes Fanboy dgibb that is constantly polluting the Demidov thread with his goal per fart advanced stats on how amazing Hughes is. Count your blessings!
Hughes is amazing. Michkov is too. Demidov is great and I think he will be great on nhl level. All of them are legit 1OA material. In some years like 2019 there were no alternatives, in some years there were alternatives.

Reactions: thefutures

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Again, its a special part of mtl fanbase. I don't even talk about the whole fan base. You can read it. But I don't see reasons why. Its obvious and its a waste of time and it was from the beginning. But we are hockey fans and we like this stuff.

Hughes is amazing. Michkov is too. Demidov is great and I think he will be great on nhl level. All of them are legit 1OA material. In some years like 2019 there were no alternatives, in some years there were alternatives.
multiple players can be great but it doesn't have to be a constant war on every thread that discusses a prospects specific development. If so we should have McDavid comparisons everywhere!

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Forgive me for not being excited about a guy who was just the 40th top scorer in the KHL, behind prolific superstars such as Alex Galchenyuk and Ryan Spooner.

He was 13th by PPG despite having 4 illnesses (one of them was pneumonia) during the season...

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
He was 13th by PPG despite having 4 illnesses (one of them was pneumonia) during the season...

Pneumonia takes 1-2 weeks to fully heal with antibiotics. Not sure why you're making such a big deal out of it.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
multiple players can be great but it doesn't have to be a constant war on every thread that discusses a prospects specific development. If so we should have McDavid comparisons everywhere!
Agree, so part of aggressive mtl fanbase should stop to sh1t on player because their team decided to make wrong decision in the draft day. Sh1ting on a very talented player(or on any player who was not involved in rape situations, billing situations etc, shutting on player is a bad habit) is a bad practice from the beginning. If mtl decided to tell false stories about bad attitude, comparing player with player from other draft etc because they were afraid to draft Russian player in the most questionable moment between countries - it does mean that they did wrong decision in the moment. After time everybody see how Russian players are continuing to be drafted, like they travel to NA and play in NA, like business is continuing to work etc
And even MTL drafted other talented Russian player, even with "question " with his skating and "very selfish" play style on the ice. They didn't know will they have an opportunity to draft Demidov in 2023, they were very lucky to have it. It was a bad decision to not draft Michkov, it was an obvious mistake than, now it looks more obvious now and fans don't need to rationalize it by clear sh1tting on Michkov. No, he is competitive person, there were no problem with his deal, he isn't big and more offensive oriented as Bedard as Hughes was on the draft. No he has no problems with character. Mtl f×cked up, its okay to admit it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad