Around the NHL - (Playoffs Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I’m a wait and see and then I’ll root, so it may go back and forth.

Maurice might be the tie breaker.

John
What about this guy? Does he tip the balance?

orange-cat-smile-cat-smile.gif

• Love
Reactions: Ducks DVM

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
First game of this series reminded me of first game against Dallas. Edmonton’s speed just overwhelmed Florida.

Like the WCF, Florida will adjust but they are up one.

John

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Well, second time in a series with EDM I thought I was pulling for them, but as I started watching the game I found myself rooting for FLA. I guess I just can't do it. :rolleyes:

I'm in the same boat, i'm trying to tell myself i want to see Perry and Rico and Carrick get a cup but the game starts and i'm just completely unable to cheer for them. I loved Bob shutting them down last night.

Reactions: snowave

FlyingV09

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I don't understand why I should be upset that a random die roll came up with their logo a few times. That's not their fault. They were legitimately bad and got lucky.

And we beat them in the postseason so I don't harbor a grudge.
My hatred for the Oilers stems from a continuous run of poor management which should mean basement dwelling but instead resulted in 4 first overall picks with the last one culminating into a generational talent. Then we play them in the playoffs and they incessantly whine about the Kesler holding the pad goal as if that was the deciding factor in the series.

I also live amongst the most obnoxious Oiler fans around and can’t stand to see them happy. So yes, they are 32nd on my list.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
My hatred for the Oilers stems from a continuous run of poor management which should mean basement dwelling but instead resulted in 4 first overall picks with the last one culminating into a generational talent. Then we play them in the playoffs and they incessantly whine about the Kesler holding the pad goal as if that was the deciding factor in the series.

I also live amongst the most obnoxious Oiler fans around and can’t stand to see them happy. So yes, they are 32nd on my list.
It did mean basement dwelling. It meant basement dwelling for a long, long time.

The Ducks were victims of poor management for a while. Do we deserve basement dwelling for eternity? Or have we paid our dues?

As for the fans, I understand. I have never interacted with Oiler fans, so I can't really speak to their misanthropy specifically. But I hate Boston teams for that reason, so I get it.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
It's our collective responsibility to find best alternatives and share them. Like the puckpedia.com

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
It's our collective responsibility to find best alternatives and share them. Like the puckpedia.com
Puckpedia.com is an option. I don't like the graphics and layout as much as CapFriendly, and the information does not seem as complete. But it is better than nothing.

The information that I have seen on the Internet from The Athletic is that CapFriendly will operate through the first day of free agency and then go dark. "CapFriendly will operate independently through the NHL Draft and on July 1, the first day of free agency. Once the transaction is closed, CapFriendly will go dark, the source said."

It makes no sense to me to purchase a website and then take it off of the Internet, but I guess that the Caps want all that information for themselves. I don't think that it is going to impact the other teams very much, since I would guess that they have their own cap charts, but for us fans it is a large negative.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Puckpedia.com is an option. I don't like the graphics and layout as much as CapFriendly, and the information does not seem as complete. But it is better than nothing.

The information that I have seen on the Internet from The Athletic is that CapFriendly will operate through the first day of free agency and then go dark. "CapFriendly will operate independently through the NHL Draft and on July 1, the first day of free agency. Once the transaction is closed, CapFriendly will go dark, the source said."

It makes no sense to me to purchase a website and then take it off of the Internet, but I guess that the Caps want all that information for themselves. I don't think that it is going to impact the other teams very much, since I would guess that they have their own cap charts, but for us fans it is a large negative.
I'm going to guess they wanted the people (person?) behind the website more than just the published data.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I’m thinking the same rather than an epiphany of finding every team’s player contract value and term in one place… “We need to get that just for ourselves.”

John
IIRC, the last couple of similar sites that were sold were done so for that exact reason. The team(s) wanted to hire the brains behind the website causing the sites to have to shut down.

Reactions: 70sSanO

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Oiler fans are insufferable. Everywhere they are crying about Panther players diving. Draisaitl honestly should be suspended. He left his feet and elbowed Barkov in the face.

I hope the Panthers sweep these assholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad