Around the NHL - (Playoffs Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Well, the pick is now 31-32. :laugh:
3ohhwH6yMO7ED5xc7S.webp

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
There seems to be a curse on teams on which Perry has played recently. They make it to the finals, and lose. So if I were to bet, I would bet on Florida.

The Ducks seem to be cursed with these trades. I still remember the trade with Philadelphia, where the Flyers made it into the playoffs on the last day of the season and then made it to the finals before losing.

At this point I don't care one way or the other. 31st pick this year and a fifth round pick in 2025, or 32nd pick this year and a fourth round pick in 2025. I guess either is better than nothing, but neither really excites me.

Reactions: Ducks DVM and Kalv

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I think the Cats will be favored but I’d like to see Henrique and Carrick win it. Especially a guy like Carrick who has busted his ass to barely squeak out an NHL career. Perry already has a cup and a boatload of money.

I’d also like to see McJesus get a cup now before we get cup competitive again. Kind of get that out of the way now. lol

Reactions: McClelland and Kalv

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I think the Cats will be favored but I’d like to see Henrique and Carrick win it. Especially a guy like Carrick who has busted his ass to barely squeak out an NHL career. Perry already has a cup and a boatload of money.

I’d also like to see McJesus get a cup now before we get cup competitive again. Kind of get that out of the way now. lol
I mean cup or no cup mcdavids still gonna be their to kick our ass if we can even get there but ya I do agree I wouldn’t be against Sam Corey and Adam getting a cup

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah unfortunately I can't say I'm too moved by Rico, Perry, and Carrick potentially winning. At least not enough to want the Oilers to win. If that trio of formers were on any other team in the West aside from LA or San Jose maybe I'd root for them.

The only thing distasteful to me about Florida winning would be Tkachuk getting a cup but I dislike Kane just as much so that's a wash. Past that, I've always felt that after three straight first overall picks, Edmonton should've been barred from being able to pick that high for at least three years. I don't think they're in the Finals today if they were running Eichel and Draisaitl and I'm an Eichel fan.

Past that I typically root for teams that have never won and Florida is Anaheim's expansion brother.

Past that, a cup win would make Edmonton's fanbase insufferable. That's not mutually exclusive to their fanbase, I think any Canadian team to finally break the Canada curse would have their fans become insufferable. But add in that the fruits of that effect would come from the benefits of having the best player of this era, it would be that much more annoying.

TL;DR f*** Edmonton. Go Cats

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Yeah unfortunately I can't say I'm too moved by Rico, Perry, and Carrick potentially winning. At least not enough to want the Oilers to win. If that trio of formers were on any other team in the West aside from LA or San Jose maybe I'd root for them.

The only thing distasteful to me about Florida winning would be Tkachuk getting a cup but I dislike Kane just as much so that's a wash. Past that, I've always felt that after three straight first overall picks, Edmonton should've been barred from being able to pick that high for at least three years. I don't think they're in the Finals today if they were running Eichel and Draisaitl and I'm an Eichel fan.

Past that I typically root for teams that have never won and Florida is Anaheim's expansion brother.

Past that, a cup win would make Edmonton's fanbase insufferable. That's not mutually exclusive to their fanbase, I think any Canadian team to finally break the Canada curse would have their fans become insufferable. But add in that the fruits of that effect would come from the benefits of having the best player of this era, it would be that much more annoying.

TL;DR f*** Edmonton. Go Cats
i still have a sour taste in my mouth from oilers fans after 06 and 17. just an insufferable bunch all around. especially after all the "california reffing" bullshit in 17. getting rewarded one #1 pick after another and being gifted the best player of our generation is the cherry on top. i would really hate to see them win it all

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
If the Oilers lose, Perry will cement his legacy. No legitimate cup contending team will want him, but he sure has a knack of getting a team deep into the playoffs.

He’d fit in perfect with the Ducks since we have no business competing for a cup, but a deep run would be awesome.

John

Edit: Now if we could just get DeBoer our playoff drought would be over for sure.

Last edited:

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Pretty sure this is it for Perry. He might not retire, but I'd be surprised if anyone signed him next year.

I'm torn about this final. I have no interest in FL other than them winning their 1st cup. As for Edmonton, I still realllly struggle rooting for them, but that's probably who I'd choose (mainly because of the ex-Ducks). Although, even though I'm not a big McD fan, he deserves it. Guy is just unbelievable.

Reactions: Kalv

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Can't get behind the thinking of wanting McDavid to win just because he's the best player in the league. I don't see why that should matter.

I'm kind of indifferent as to who wins. There are positives and negatives on both sides and I think they even out for the most part.

I just hope everyone has fun!

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Can't get behind the thinking of wanting McDavid to win just because he's the best player in the league. I don't see why that should matter.

I'm kind of indifferent as to who wins. There are positives and negatives on both sides and I think they even out for the most part.

Was about to like your comment, then you added that last line.

I don't want anyone to have any fun.

Whatever the suffering threshold is for a team that's lucked into several 1OA picks, the Oilers haven't met it.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

This. 7 games.

I do place the Panthers fans getting their first ever Cup over the Oilers fans getting their 6th, especially with the combination entitlement/victimhood that comes out of the Edmonton fan base if you made me choose though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad