Around the NHL: Part XVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Thats what I was thinking. Wouldnt it "behoove" the Devils to ALLOW extension talks? Why would any team give up TONS for what might just become an extended rental?
Giving up tons for an extended Hall would make much more sense for a team looking to have a better chance going deep.
Shero.....what an idiot.

Unless Hall's camp has made it abundantly clear that they are not talking extension with anyone, or only willing to do so with a few teams --- and those teams have not actively been talking to the Devils as of yet.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Average return.

Mid first round pick and a decent prospect is basically what it turns out to be. 2 busts and a 2nd/3rd round pick (Hall isn't going to re-sign there)

Reactions: NYRangers16

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Underwhelming return for Devils. Bahl is a good, not great prospect. 2-3 years away from NHL Schnarr and Merkley are journeymen. First this year (deferred if top 3) and conditional pick next year.

Considering Devils are retaining 50% of his contract and giving the Coyotes more than half the season of Hall’s service, it’s a brutal trade for New Jersey.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Seems like a quantity over quality type return for Hall, especially at 50%, but I'm assuming the Yotes don't really think they can keep him so they weren't going to give up anything crazy

Reactions: NYRangers16

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Bahl is a guy that has no friggen way written all over him. Way too big no offense gangly just not a guy for the new nhl.

horrible return. If I’m Gorton I’m waiting till the day of the deadline for Kreider. No one desperate enough yet clearly.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
regardless of how they turn out, this was an absolutely terrible return for NJ

me likey
I’m not sure about that. Isn’t there one hard first and another possible first? It’s not impossible Arizona wins a round. Hall signing there Is probably little less than 50/50.
Is the conditional first lottery protected?
If they hit two first rounders it’s a big win for Nj I think. Obviously none of those prospects are can’t miss solid NHL players

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Not sure what this means for Kreider. Is his value now higher because the supply of high-end left wingers dried up? Or is it lower because the return Hall fetched was so underwhelming?

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Underwhelming return for Devils. Bahl is a good, not great prospect. 2-3 years away from NHL Schnarr and Merkley are journeymen. First this year (deferred if top 3) and conditional pick next year.

Considering Devils are retaining 50% of his contract and giving the Coyotes more than half the season of Hall’s service, it’s a brutal trade for New Jersey.
I think that the rental market just isn't what it used to be for selling teams.

I'd be shocked if Kreider netted a 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad